1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I'm guessing that I'm out of luck, but maybe one of you guys are more creative than I am.

The problem is that I have a G5 case, with the matx original Laserhive mod, that retains the bottom PSU (I have fitted an 800W Corsair into the enclosure).

My problem is that in my current setup I have two 140mm AIO Liquid Coolers, one for my GPU (GTX1080) and one for my CPU (6700k). And I would like to fit one of them in at least, while not removing any of the original components. That is to say, I would like to keep a BR-drive in there, since I don't like the thought of the drive"flap" having no function, and I plan to populate two 3.5" storage drives in the HDD-bay, along with two SSDs, hidden behind the G5 shield.

But where to put one of the 140mm radiators? I could of course drop the BR-drive, and put one there, but I'm not a fan of the idea. I could maybe create two L-shaped brackets and have it hanging from under the BR-drive. But that would eliminate the space for the two fans in the front, and maybe make it impossible to remove the acrylic panel.

So from my vantage point, I am either going to lose some (more) original layout, OR having to drop the liquid cooler for my GTX 1080.

Do you guys see any ways to fix this?

(note: I am moving from a NZXT S340, and it's problematic temps)

Thanks. Right now my system is not assembled in the G5 case, but I will try to migrate it one of the next days. Then I'll try to post pictures. :)
I have to 140mm radiators. Both Asetek I would guess (one is an Arctic branded GPU cooler, the other is from Corsair (h90)).

I could maybe create two L-shaped brackets and have it hanging from under the BR-drive.

This is what i did to put my rad up the front, i used 3 of the original standoffs to attach it

Last edited:
That's a great idea, would you by any chance mind, posting a picture? :)

Worked well, its pretty stable.
I cut it all by hand so the edges are not to straight
NO4VPxX.jpg

TUBz9NB.jpg

qDzUAm4.jpg

qozBq8w.jpg

looks pretty good for freehand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back