Contribute
Register

HaswellHelper: Enhanced 10.8.4 Kernel Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system works but unfortunately can't get the motherboard drivers (specially for intel hd4600) so I have problem with audio and graphics settings. Hope with maverick will work better.

Intel i7 4770
Gigabyte z87x- ud5h
Memory 2x4 gb cosrair

Article: HaswellHelper: Enhanced 10.8.4 Kernel Now Available

will this work on this build

Intel core i7 4770k
g1.sniper 5 motherboard
24GB RAM
1TB Seagate HDD

Also working - many thanks! Mine is an attempt at a best bang per buck set-up and the exact like of which I could not find recommended anywhere as a potential Hackintosh candidate. I was prepared to use Linux so the risk was not great. I am immensely relieved however that 10.8.4 is running smoothly.

Gigabyte H87-HD3 (£70)
Intel Core i5 4570 (£156)
2 x 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1600MHz RAM (£80)
Kingston V300 120GB SSD (£66)
2 x Seagate 3TB SATA3 HD (£90 ea)
CiT 1018 case with 500W PSU (£20 delivered!)
2 x Arctic F12 PWM fans (£4.27 ea)
LiteOn BD-R & DVD±RW optical drives (£26 & £13)
(All prices inc VAT & delivery)

One 3TB HD & the 120GB SSD are set up as a Fusion Drive under Mac OS (instructions) with the other 3TB HD as an encrypted Time Machine backup drive. The encryption process took almost a day to complete but you can't be too careful after the Ed Snowden and Guardian disclosures. I am working on software that I hope to retire on - I don't want anyone stealing it.

Using built-in graphics (HD4600), the only monitor resolution currently available is 1024 x 768. The official release should fix that but as I am interested in parallel programming then I have ordered a Nvidia GT 630 rev. 2 GPU.

Now it is a little known fact that the yet-to-be released Parallela 64-core board currently holds the World record for highest performance per watt at 50 GFLOPs/W of any computing device. Parallela are currently only selling the 16-core version. The GT 630 rev.2 (older version are very different) has the record among GPUs at 27 GFLOPs/W. While the 64-core Parallela board delivers 100 GFLOPs in total, the GT 630 delivers almost 700 GFLOPs, there is space on my motherboard for two of them and with a TDP of 25W, they do not need any extra power connections (just as well as my PSU is now fully populated). I chose the Asus version with the swanky heatsink and no fan! (£54 ea).

Good luck to all experimenters everywhere!

Hi there, you have a similar chipset, wonfer if you could help...

I have a gigabyte GA h87m -d3h , i4770k, corsair neutron 256gb, 32gb ram, and gtx 650ti...
I have created the USB install disk, patched it with haswell helper, booted the machine, installed 10.8.4.....
Rebooted, copied the USB kernel to the ssd, reboot to usb, select ML drive
and then this is when I hit a snag.

I get stuck on a white apple screen that just sits there. I have my bios set to the recommended settings, I have tried to move the usb install disk to the rear ports (this worked on a previous build for me once) I have tried various boot strings (-v-x-F-s) I have tried PCIRootUID=0,

any advice would be hugely appreciated, I am about to put it back in the box, and go back to my Ivy board and Processor... sigh...

MacMan and the team, thank you.

All is well following the guide + Audio/LAN working.
i7-4770K
P87X-UD3R
8GB DDR3
GTX-650 Ti 1GB
128GB SSD

Attachments

• about.tiff
    94.2 KB · Views: 271
  • geekbench.tiff
    274.6 KB · Views: 272
GA-H87N-D3H + i7 4770S combination

Has anyone got the USB Unibeast to boot and install for the GA-H87N-D3H + i7 4770S combination ?

I get as far as:
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/System/.......
Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot=.... rd=.... PCIRootUID=1 -v -x
and then the screen turns black (I can only read the message via a video).

I use default BIOS settings.

Does this mobo + 4770S combination need special BIOS settings?

Hi there, you have a similar chipset, wonfer if you could help...

I have a gigabyte GA h87m -d3h , i4770k, corsair neutron 256gb, 32gb ram, and gtx 650ti...
I have created the USB install disk, patched it with haswell helper, booted the machine, installed 10.8.4.....
Rebooted, copied the USB kernel to the ssd, reboot to usb, select ML drive
and then this is when I hit a snag.

I get stuck on a white apple screen that just sits there. I have my bios set to the recommended settings, I have tried to move the usb install disk to the rear ports (this worked on a previous build for me once) I have tried various boot strings (-v-x-F-s) I have tried PCIRootUID=0,

any advice would be hugely appreciated, I am about to put it back in the box, and go back to my Ivy board and Processor... sigh...

Try taking out the graphics card - that is the only major difference to my setup. I too got stuck on the Apple startup screen but in my case it was because I hadn't applied the Haswell Helper patch. If removing the graphics card doesn't fix the issue, try doing all over again from scratch and being meticulous in following the instructions. My graphics card has not arrived yet so I cannot offer any advice from experience there yet.

thanks for your job!!!! it works ΑΜΑΖΙΝG........

my setup
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H F7 Firmware
Intel i7 4770
nvidia630
Software: Macos X 10.8.4
unibeast 1.5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back