Contribute
Register

HaswellHelper: Enhanced 10.8.4 Kernel Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a guide on my build using the i7 4770k,Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,16GB Ram,Gigabyte HD6670.
To make this run you must follow the tutorial to a "T" and don't name your drive for installation anything else but "MountainLion" or it wont boot, believe me I tried.
Also, you must buy from the App Store, don't download a pirated version, I did and it didn't work so pay the $20 don't be a tight ass and make sure you go into your BIOS and "LOAD OPTIMAL SETTINGS", then configure your boot drives and memory frequency's XMP for optimum speed and your settings for onboard graphics.
Remember you must start with your HDMI,VGA or DVI on your motherboard not GPU.

Once you have your Unibeast drive up and going not forgetting to install Haswell helper to your USB, install Mountain Lion then reboot as explained in the guide,boot again into USB, open TERMINAL, type
cp(SPACE)/Volumes/USB/mach_kernel(SPACE)/Volumes/MountainLion/

After you push enter the next line should be blank,if it's not blank you did it wrong,so you can restart the computer, boot from usb and then into the drive not usb.
Load all of the MULTIBEAST Options in the guide>>> User DSDT,NullCPUPowerManagement, Plussssss>>>>>ALC 898 Without DSDT,Intel Ethernet,Trim 10.8.3+ if you have an ssd with Trim support,and in my case Graphics Enabler=No in my case because I have an AMD HD6670 and I have no idea if the 7xxx cards are just plug and go or have to EnableGrapics=Yes or NO you guys can tell me whats the deal would like to get a 7970 but not sure on compatibility.

If you don't have a GPU then you are going to have to stick with a resolution of 1024x720 it really sucks but to switch go into the bios and switch settings to (PCI-E SLOT 1) which is your GPU, switch cable to your GPU because if you don't you'll get a blank screen, then your done.

Some cons about the testing are with the Realtek ALC898 Audio I can't get any sound connecting a audio jack but I havent tried HDMI like to a LED TV and also It has froze on me 2 times and youtube freezes as well, but other than that, all is good.

DO NOT run any other settings in Multibeast Especially Universal USB 3.0 or you will get a kernel panic when you restart, I tried this because I have a 5.25 bay card reader with 4 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 and the 3.0's didn't work so I though that might fix the problem,that was wrong,all USB 3.0 on motherboard and from headers work automatically, I would like to think this would be the settings for most of the Z87 boards out there.

OH YEAH ALMOST FORGOT, YOU MUST BOOT WITH THE USB TO YOUR DRIVE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO LOAD OSX FOR NOW UNTIL 10.8.5 0R 10.9 BUT SHOULD BE FIXED AND ALMOST OR ALL BUG FREE BY THEN AND ALSO IF YOU PULL YOUR USB STICK OUT AND PUT IT IN ANOTHER USB PORT IT WON'T LOAD, YOU WILL HAVE TO GO INTO BIOS,LOAD OPTIMAL SETTINGS,AND CONFIGURE BIOS SETTINGS AGAIN AND IF YOUR GOING WIRELESS GO WITH THE TP-LINK WI-FI ADAPTER,ITS PLUG AND PLAY.

UPDATE--Do not update this motherboard BIOS, it will not boot when updated BIOS From F3 to F7.

BIG SHOUT OUT TO MACMAN FOR ALL HIS HARD WORK,THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Article: HaswellHelper: Enhanced 10.8.4 Kernel Now Available

But Apple already sell Haswell MBA with OSX Mountain Lion on it. I don't understand why there is no official support from Apple?

Apple has a special build version installed at the factory. That version is not available for download from the Mac App Store.

Adrian B

Apple has a special build version installed at the factory. That version is not available for download from the Mac App Store.

Adrian B

Yep! On my MBA 2013 it's the 12.4.1 kernel and it's obviously supporting Haswell.

Hi... i got everything running, sound is working (running voodohda 2.8.4) but my microphone is not working can anyone help me.
I have a z87-hd3 MB

How can i fix icloud it doesn not work.

Adrian B
It is if you own a Haswell MBA. The Mac App Store will pull the Haswell MBA version for you.

To get the InstallESD/kernel for a Haswell MBA, connect an external USB hard drive or thumbdrive to the Haswell MBA and initiate the Recovery process by starting the Haswell MBA in Recovery mode by holding down Command-R. Log in to your network if necessary. Choose the Reinstall option and select the external drive as the target.[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] When[/FONT] the Installer finishes downloading (it will take a while since it's over 4GB), force a shutdown by holding down the power button. Disconnect the drive, start the computer, and reconnect the drive to find the installer. That should have the new kernel with Haswell support.

UPDATE--Do not update this motherboard BIOS, it will not boot when updated BIOS From F3 to F7.

What Message shows up if you update the bios to F7?
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back