Contribute
Register

HaswellHelper: Enhanced 10.8.4 Kernel Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
working here but i have to use the unibeast usb drive to boot it. using all the standard settings as above. sometimes it goes to white screen on boot but if i sleep and then resume it works fine! it is even running pro-tools 10! astonishing! completely smokes my old i7 macbook pro for performance!

Intel Core I5 4670K Processor

2 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 Motherboard

RME Fireface UC

i have mountain lion working here following the above instructions. i have to boot it from usb drive and sometimes it goes white on boot and if i sleep and resume its fine. running pro-tools 10 and completely smoking my 2010 i7 macbook pro. looking forward to a proper install now!

Intel Core I5 4670K Processor

2 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 Motherboard

Gigabyte Radeon 7770OC 1GB
RME Fireface UC

Article: HaswellHelper: Enhanced 10.8.4 Kernel Now Available

It just stops booting from USB in any port.

OH YEAH ALMOST FORGOT, YOU MUST BOOT WITH THE USB TO YOUR DRIVE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO LOAD OSX FOR NOW .....

You have to active boot option for UEFI and Legacy and Boot from Legacy Entry of the installed drive... works without problems

by the way thx for the information about the bios version :) work great now :)

fortunately returned to the Hacintosh World on my i7-4770K system

Today, I was fortunately returned to the Hacintosh World on my i7-4770K system( in my HAF XB Box) under your good instruction of Installation guide for Haswell Systems (10.8.4 only ).
Thanks a lot. Since the urgent installation of i7-4770K - shift from i7-970 system without having any bridge to the new system - was required so I removed the Hacintosh system for i7-970. Therefore, the 1st step is heavy for me to re-build the basic seed system from OS X 10.6 media. I sellected "Just working and manipulating within VMware player 5 ( or workstation 9) virtual world" - over one month.

The impression of use HaswellHelper and MultiBeast 5.4.3, UniBreast 2.0.2 :
- It was fun trip from old to new. Then I could enjoy the good quality of these tools.
- But be careful of specifying User DST free option of MultiBeast 5.4.3, because I meet a non recoverable error when I specify it for my i7-4770K environment.
- It seems that HaswellHelper is just assist tool(fix), so I can not utilize the Easybeast function of MultiBeast 5.4.3 on my hacintosh.

Please enjoy these tools and be pacient for coming Apple" native support on OS X 10.9.
AGAIN THNKS A LOT.

"Apple's commitment to Open Source?" New to me. This single post made me click the checkout button to get all the parts of my new haswell rig.

Same here, I couldn't resist and I clicked the link. :thumbup:

When I updated the Bios I could't boot into the USB drive at all, and I can't get the audio to work, I tried everything.

Also working - many thanks! Mine is an attempt at a best bang per buck set-up and the exact like of which I could not find recommended anywhere as a potential Hackintosh candidate. I was prepared to use Linux so the risk was not great. I am immensely relieved however that 10.8.4 is running smoothly.

Gigabyte H87-HD3 (£70)
Intel Core i5 4570 (£156)
2 x 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1600MHz RAM (£80)
Kingston V300 120GB SSD (£66)
2 x Seagate 3TB SATA3 HD (£90 ea)
CiT 1018 case with 500W PSU (£20 delivered!)
2 x Arctic F12 PWM fans (£4.27 ea)
LiteOn BD-R & DVD±RW optical drives (£26 & £13)
(All prices inc VAT & delivery)

One 3TB HD & the 120GB SSD are set up as a Fusion Drive under Mac OS (instructions) with the other 3TB HD as an encrypted Time Machine backup drive. The encryption process took almost a day to complete but you can't be too careful after the Ed Snowden and Guardian disclosures. I am working on software that I hope to retire on - I don't want anyone stealing it.

Using built-in graphics (HD4600), the only monitor resolution currently available is 1024 x 768. The official release should fix that but as I am interested in parallel programming then I have ordered a Nvidia GT 630 rev. 2 GPU.

Now it is a little known fact that the yet-to-be released Parallela 64-core board currently holds the World record for highest performance per watt at 50 GFLOPs/W of any computing device. Parallela are currently only selling the 16-core version. The GT 630 rev.2 (older version are very different) has the record among GPUs at 27 GFLOPs/W. While the 64-core Parallela board delivers 100 GFLOPs in total, the GT 630 delivers almost 700 GFLOPs, there is space on my motherboard for two of them and with a TDP of 25W, they do not need any extra power connections (just as well as my PSU is now fully populated). I chose the Asus version with the swanky heatsink and no fan! (£54 ea).

Good luck to all experimenters everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back