Contribute
Register

Haswell X86PlatformPlugin not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
extracted from clover F4. The following files came:
DSDT SSDT SSDT-0 SSDT-1 SSDT-2 ....... so on.

I decompiled them, put all the patches for sleep and USB and Backlight on the DSDT, and saved the AML file in clover/patched. I did nothing to the SSDT files, and placed their AML versions in clover/patched.

Finally, just now, I deleted all the SSDT files in clover patched, and replaced them with a single Piker script generated file. Now CPU powermanagement is complete, but according to you, there is no iGPU Power management happening, until I rename GFX0.. right?

extracted from clover F4. The following files came:
DSDT SSDT SSDT-0 SSDT-1 SSDT-2 ....... so on.

Clover F4 extract does not provide those files. You will get DSDT.aml, SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, etc.

but according to you, there is no iGPU Power management happening, until I rename GFX0.. right?

Correct.

It's just, I don't know how much of an impact iGPU power management will have on the battery.. As a user, for me everything is working pretty well, and ever since I used the SSDTPRGen script, that loud fan noise went normal.

Attached is a screenshot of my clover/ACPI/origin

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 1.40.51 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 1.40.51 AM.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 184
It's just, I don't know how much of an impact iGPU power management will have on the battery.. As a user, for me everything is working pretty well, and ever since I used the SSDTPRGen script, that loud fan noise went normal.

Attached is a screenshot of my clover/ACPI/origin

There is no file named SSDT in that image... and no SSDT-0, no SSDT-1, etc as you stated in post #11.

In that image, I can see SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, SSDT-3.aml, SSDT-4x.aml, SSDT-5x.aml, SSDT-6x.aml. There are more, but the image is cropped.

Having IGPU power management working can affect both IGPU performance as well as battery life.

Alright thanks RehabMan, I'll just put those patches, and whenever the eBay seller decides to ship my AR9285, I can get rid of this USB dongle.

So, simply take all the files in the origin folder starting with "SSDT-xxx", decompile them, apply the GFX0 patch, save them as AML in the ACPI/patched folder and there's nothing more left to do except clap for myself on finally getting this done right?

Nothing seems out of place in the IOReg?

Alright thanks RehabMan, I'll just put those patches, and whenever the eBay seller decides to ship my AR9285, I can get rid of this USB dongle.

So, simply take all the files in the origin folder starting with "SSDT-xxx", decompile them, apply the GFX0 patch, save them as AML in the ACPI/patched folder and there's nothing more left to do except clap for myself on finally getting this done right?

Nothing seems out of place in the IOReg?

Read guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Rename GFX0 to IGPU in DSDT or add change GFX0 to IGPU in config under DSDT, Patches. X86PlatformPlugin most likely isn't loaded because you haven't implemented native power management. Without GFX0, IGPU change IGPU Powermanagement will not work.

change GFX0 to IGPU
<47465830>
<49475055>

Rename GFX0 to IGPU in DSDT or add change GFX0 to IGPU in config under DSDT, Patches. X86PlatformPlugin most likely isn't loaded because you haven't implemented native power management. Without GFX0, IGPU change IGPU Powermanagement will not work.

change GFX0 to IGPU
<47465830>
<49475055>
I think the IGPU power Management was already working. My novabench Graphics score was 75.

Alright So here's what I did.

My Clover ACPI/patched folder contained the following:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from SSDTPRGen)

I deleted the DSDT.aml file.

My Clover ACPI/origin folder contained the following: (only naming SSDTs and DSDT)
DSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4x.aml
SSDT-5x.aml
SSDT-6x.aml
SSDT-7.aml

Now i created a folder called extract on the desktop called "extract", and copied all the files contained in the ACPI/origin folder.

Now using the command
iasl -da -dl *aml
I decompiled them.

I opened the DSDT.dsl file using MacIASL, and applied the following patches:
7/8 Series USB
Haswell LPC
OS Check Fix (Windows 7)
IRQ Fix
Brightness Fix
USB3 _PRW 0x6D (instant wake)
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

After this,
I searched the DSDT file for an XWAK method, and wrote return 0 at the start of the method like this:

Code:
Method (XWAK, 0, Serialized)
            {
                Return (Zero)
                //Some code
            }

So that I wouldn't have the problem of no usb on wake. I used File -> Save As > ACPI Machine Language Binary and saved it in ACPI/patched

I then opened the SSDT-0.dsl, corrected its errors and did the same to save it
Same for SSDT-1, SSDT-2, SSDT-3.

Note: I didn't save the SSDT-4x, 5x and 6x because they're dynamic.

I found occurrences of GFX0 in SSDT-7, so I applied the patch of Rename GFX0 to IGPU, and saved that too.

Note : I applied no other patches to any SSDTs except this one.

Now, In the config.plist that I took for HD4400, I already had sortedOrder. So I ticked Drop OEM in Clover Configurator, and saved the config.plist.

Now I rebooted. Boom, Novabench scores drop to 50.

Last edited:
Attached is my Clover folder, without the themes folder, as a zip.

I know it's legacy, bear with me, even after spending loads of time on this forum, UEFI still is a little hard for me to understand and configure on this laptop.

The config is mostly the one taken from RehabMan's HD4400 config, with a few edits like custom EDID for Sierra displayPrefs and the Graphics Boot glitch, and of course, the SMBIOS.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I think the IGPU power Management was already working. My novabench Graphics score was 75.

Alright So here's what I did.

My Clover ACPI/patched folder contained the following:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from SSDTPRGen)

I deleted the DSDT.aml file.

My Clover ACPI/origin folder contained the following: (only naming SSDTs and DSDT)
DSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4x.aml
SSDT-5x.aml
SSDT-6x.aml
SSDT-7.aml

Now i created a folder called extract on the desktop called "extract", and copied all the files contained in the ACPI/origin folder.

Now using the command
iasl -da -dl *aml
I decompiled them.

I opened the DSDT.dsl file using MacIASL, and applied the following patches:
7/8 Series USB
Haswell LPC
OS Check Fix (Windows 7)
IRQ Fix
Brightness Fix
USB3 _PRW 0x6D (instant wake)
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

After this,
I searched the DSDT file for an XWAK method, and wrote return 0 at the start of the method like this:

Code:
Method (XWAK, 0, Serialized)
            {
                Return (Zero)
                //Some code
            }

So that I wouldn't have the problem of no usb on wake. I used File -> Save As > ACPI Machine Language Binary and saved it in ACPI/patched

I then opened the SSDT-0.dsl, corrected its errors and did the same to save it
Same for SSDT-1, SSDT-2, SSDT-3.

Note: I didn't save the SSDT-4x, 5x and 6x because they're dynamic.

I found occurrences of GFX0 in SSDT-7, so I applied the patch of Rename GFX0 to IGPU, and saved that too.

Note : I applied no other patches to any SSDTs except this one.

Now, In the config.plist that I took for HD4400, I already had sortedOrder. So I ticked Drop OEM in Clover Configurator, and saved the config.plist.

Now I rebooted. Boom, Novabench scores drop to 50.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back