Contribute
Register

[HASWELL SUCCESS] GA-H81M-HD3 / i5 4440 / Intel HD 4600

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
After many tries, i figured out vga wasn't working (lot of Kernel Panics) and i got this configuration working :)
Actual Build
  • GA-H81M-HD3
  • Haswell i5 4440
  • Intel HD 4600
  • Crucial M500 (need boot0 fix)
  • 8gbx1 Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz

To add
  • Asus Nvidia gtx 650 Ti
  • AOC D2769VH
  • 1Tb hard disk
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth

Bios setup
Disable vt-d, set init display first to igfx and give 1024mb to the integrated graphic and that's it! Nothing else like xhci or xmp.

Install
Important: vga output doesn't work, so you have to use hdmi or dvi-d, both worked for me
Just boot the unibeast usb without flags, if you boot in verboose mode you see some errors but it will continue to a strange image, then a white one and then a grey one and finally the installer. You just have to wait. Go trough the install and everything should be fine

MultiBeast settings
I'll post it later

This build drove me crazy, i was about to give up and finally i got it working perfectly. So if you have questions feel free to ask

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Just found your thread. I am going to build one based on H81M-HD3 tomorrow. Would greatly appreciate your MultiBeast settings.

Kind regards,
scurra

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Just a quick reply: I also had success in installing using the MultiBeast Settings from here basicly:

http://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/1v7n9k/success_with_gah81mhd3_mavericks_total_cost_630ish/

However, my ethernet is not working. Did you get yours to work? I already tried both Realtek driver options...

#edit: With the AppleRTL it now works IF the ethernet cable is connected during boot. I also repaired permissions and reinstalled the driver in the meantime. Might be a solution, too.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I didn't try it yet since i have no chance right now

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
How about your back panel USB 3 ports. Are they all functioning normally? At USB 3 speeds ?

If so, what did you do to get them functional ?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
In my setup they are functional (had a mouse attached to front and rear USB as well as flash drives). I can't confirm USB 3 speeds since I have no supporting hardware.

I also noticed that the system sometimes freezes when I plug or unplug a USB device. This has happened twice now to me. Not sure why that is.

Btw, I posted my settings and guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/128344-success-10-9-2-haswell-gigabyte-ga-h81m-hd3-core-i3-4330-hd4600-graphics.html

trs96: Did you have problems with ethernet? Which kext did you use?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I didn't try it yet since i have no chance right now
Scurra -- Did you have problems with ethernet? Which kext did you use?
Ethernet works with the Apple RTL ethernet kext. I always leave the cable connected so no problem there.

I am only getting two p-states 8,31 with the I5-4440 so I'm wondering if a ssdt will be needed to get all the states between those two. Anyone else only getting two p-states ?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ethernet works with the Apple RTL ethernet kext. I always leave the cable connected so no problem there.

I am only getting two p-states 8,31 with the I5-4440 so I'm wondering if a ssdt will be needed to get all the states between those two. Anyone else only getting two p-states ?
Ethernet and usb 3.0 is working good for me (i can't test speeds). Never noticed a freeze
Sorry i don't know what p-states are

CPU
i5
Graphics
gtx650
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Here is -Success On macOS Sierra 10.12.3 in 2017 i installed macos sierra 10.12.3 -
Download _ MY Full EFI Folder

BIOS Settings :- VD-T Disabled - Intel IGFX 1024mb - Save Settings & Reboot,,,,

https://mega.nz/#!RtJB0Sqb!VjgbcUA6CntZ8zB1Sq5NM8T7qM0iHN5huEHElNe70qI
  • GA-H81M-HD3
  • Intel i5 4440 3.1
  • RAM 16gb 1600mhz Crucial
  • HDD 1TB 7200rpm
  • Intel HD 4600 Graphics via HDMI
  • Case _ Antec P9 Window

Motherboard
Asus H81M-E
CPU
i5-4440
Graphics
HD 4650 or GT 210
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
After many tries, i figured out vga wasn't working (lot of Kernel Panics) and i got this configuration working :)
Actual Build
  • GA-H81M-HD3
  • Haswell i5 4440
  • Intel HD 4600
  • Crucial M500 (need boot0 fix)
  • 8gbx1 Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz

To add
  • Asus Nvidia gtx 650 Ti
  • AOC D2769VH
  • 1Tb hard disk
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth

Bios setup
Disable vt-d, set init display first to igfx and give 1024mb to the integrated graphic and that's it! Nothing else like xhci or xmp.

Install
Important: vga output doesn't work, so you have to use hdmi or dvi-d, both worked for me
Just boot the unibeast usb without flags, if you boot in verboose mode you see some errors but it will continue to a strange image, then a white one and then a grey one and finally the installer. You just have to wait. Go trough the install and everything should be fine

MultiBeast settings
I'll post it later

This build drove me crazy, i was about to give up and finally i got it working perfectly. So if you have questions feel free to ask
I Have A Similar Config, And I Cant Get My Nvidia Card To Work. It's Basically Unsuable.