Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Is it possible to get 10.6.8 installed onto a Haswell build to access the App Store? If not will it ever be?

I am reasonably certain that we will see 10.8.5 with Haswell support available in August. Some builders may prefer to hold off a little longer for Mavericks which will likely be an October release. Mountain Lion costs $20 to buy, Mavericks will be a further $20 when it is available - updating to each new OS version is optional however.

Adrian B

Mavericks will be out by the time my build is complete so that's most likely the OS I'll update to. I'll be going with the z87x-ud3h and an i7 4770k. Hopefully internal GPU is fine with audio recording and editing, I expect it to be fine I don't run anything to intense.

Mavericks will be out by the time my build is complete so that's most likely the OS I'll update to. I'll be going with the z87x-ud3h and an i7 4770k. Hopefully internal GPU is fine with audio recording and editing, I expect it to be fine I don't run anything to intense.

Internal graphics are indeed rumoured to be working fine and are perfectly suited to be used for an audio build.

Handy corner of the forum: http://www.tonymacx86.com/music/

Adrian B

Thanks. Do you know if I'll be able to use all of my USB 3.0 ports?

Thanks. Do you know if I'll be able to use all of my USB 3.0 ports?

That will depend on the USB controller used on the motherboard that you chose. It is also possible to add a PCIe card with USB3 sockets to your build - it has been done before and is known to work.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...-latest-haswell-lga1150-motherboard-info.html

Do you have Mountain Lion running on your existing build? If you do then you will be able to use 10.8.5 (once available) for your Haswell build.

Adrian B

My existing build burned in a fire so I have to start from scratch.

My existing build burned in a fire so I have to start from scratch.

Sorry to hear that. I hope that no one was hurt.
Plenty time to decide on motherboard, CPU etc, Haswell should be supported very soon with 10.8.5, we should see more build info when that happens. Its all under the NDA at the moment.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back