Contribute
Register

Haswell Refresh build: i7 4790 - GA-Z87-HD3 - 8GB 2400MHZ RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multibeast 6.4

Installed 10.9.4 trim patch now trim support is working
updated to fakesmc v6.9.1315, noticed a slightly better boot speeds

Now testing the audio kext to see if it have the same problems as of the previous versions
( except for multibeast 6.1 )

.... you must update your bios first in order for the motherboard to accept it.

Do all these motherboards need BIOS upgrade or HD3's created later in time can have updated BIOS automatically?
If BIOS is too old for i7-4790 what kind of errors can be visible? Will machine boot at least?

Do all these motherboards need BIOS upgrade or HD3's created later in time can have updated BIOS automatically?
If BIOS is too old for i7-4790 what kind of errors can be visible? Will machine boot at least?

all the motherboards with a Z87 - H87 - B85 - Q87 - Q85 chipset need the upgrade to accept the new processor; I am not sure about about the HD3's created later in time if they have the bios upgrade.
It will boot up for 3 to 4 seconds and then it will restart and will keep doing this.

You'll be to upgrade your BIOS if you just boot into the BIOS. See this thread here on the subject.

You'll be to upgrade your BIOS if you just boot into the BIOS. See this thread here on the subject.
i updated my motherboard bios using the local store solution but while i was buying the parts from the store, we tried to boot up the computer with the i7 4790 chip but it refused and kept rebooting so we replaced the chip with and i7 4770 and everything went fine and it was also completely free not like stated in the thread

i updated my motherboard bios using the local store solution but while i was buying the parts from the store, we tried to boot up the computer with the i7 4790 chip but it refused and kept rebooting so we replaced the chip with and i7 4770 and everything went fine and it was also completely free not like stated in the thread
Good to know. Thanks for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back