Contribute
Register

Haswell Refresh build: i7 4790 - GA-Z87-HD3 - 8GB 2400MHZ RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devil's Canyon build: i7 4790 - GA-Z87-HD3 - 8GB 2400MHZ RAM

Hi, would you mind posting somewhere the whole geekbench result, I'm curious to compare with my build (same CPU, but different MB and RAM)

Regarding the audio, I have the ALC1150 driver from 6.2.2 and I also get the "after sleep" sound issues, shell I go and use 6.1 as well?

Thanks and congrats for the build.

I used a GA-H97M-D3H
I have the chip running nicely at 4.5Ghz just used the performance upgrade on the mobo and its running
cool with a vcore of 1.21

Will you be posting your exact procedure soon? Me and a few others have created a few posts the last few days needing help with that chip. I have the 4790k and the GA-Z97X-SOC. We all seem to be getting CPU panics for different reasons. The thread I started is here.

06-29-14 Update: I figured it out....see the same link for the update.

If you could share your complete process, me and a few others would appreciate it.

Congrats on your setup! :)

Hi, would you mind posting somewhere the whole geekbench result, I'm curious to compare with my build (same CPU, but different MB and RAM)

Regarding the audio, I have the ALC1150 driver from 6.2.2 and I also get the "after sleep" sound issues, shell I go and use 6.1 as well?

Thanks and congrats for the build.

Here you go the whole geekbench result
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxueggr3zeqc88b/Untitled.gb3

I already tried most of the versions after 6.1 but all had the same problem with the ALC 1150
so use version 6.1 and it will solve all your problems with the ALC 1150

Thank you so much, I installed the 6.1 Multibeast drivers and got no issues with sound after sleep (tested last night) Cool. It was even more super cool if that would have solved the HDMI audio, but...that part seems a bit more complicated to fix, at least for me :(

As for the geekbench results, they are similar to mine, except the memory ones, way better there :) (meaning yours are better)

Hello Guys I recently faced a problem with the sound that while listening to music from iTunes suddenly the sound became so bad u will find a sample below

first try to fix it i went into system preferences/ sound/ output/ changed the internal speakers to line out and then back again into the internal speakers option and the sound came back but after 5 minutes
the bad sound came back again so

the final solution

go into S/L/E And delete Applehda.kext and HDAEnabler.kext
Restart & Repair Permissions
Install the sound driver from multibeast 6.1 not from a later version to avoid problems as stated in the build comments

done sound is working again

I don't know what caused this error but if anyone faced the same error just follow the same steps and you will be fine

Note:
In the sample below i was stepping forward while playing

Attachments

• sample.mp3
    544.4 KB · Views: 191

updated to 10.9.4 successfully and here are the steps

-update through the app store or using the combo update
-reinstalled audio driver from multibeast 6.1
-reinstalled trim support from multibeast 6.3
-repair disk permissions

everything is working except for the trim support working on it

Hello guys, did anyone managed to get the trim support working again after updating to 10.9.4 ?
TRIM support for 10.9.4 in MultiBeast will be in the next MultiBeast update. However, scroll to the bottom of this post to get TRIM working in 10.9.4 now. I used TRIM Enabler.

TRIM support for 10.9.4 in MultiBeast will be in the next MultiBeast update. However, scroll to the bottom of this post to get TRIM working in 10.9.4 now. I used TRIM Enabler.

Thank you for replying, trim support is finally working in 10.9.4 but i prefer the kext from multibeast so waiting for the update to come out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back