Contribute
Register

Haswell NUC technical specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it is time for me to do some more Christmas shopping for my NUC. What is the best wifi bt combo for the NUC?
BCM943225HMB? http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2-19.html#post639776
Or is there something better that would work OOTB?

For anyone looking at bluetooth/wifi combo I can only recommend following the quoted thread.

I have one here which does work with the supplied kext's from that thread, but Im not sure of its exact make/model; it came supplied with a mini-itx mobo I bought (Asrock Z87E-ITX).

Im no expert with bluetooth on the Hackintosh as I have no interest in using it.

Stick with the recommendations in that thread and you should be good to go I think.

:thumbup:

For those interested, I have added the combo card (AzureWave AW-CE123H) to the to-do list on the install guide since reading through the forums in general there is interest in fully working cards like this.

My experience of it on the Z87E-ITX was positive. All I did to get it working was install 2 kexts; upon reboot both parts of the card were recognised and I was able to configure them successfully.

I tested the wifi and that worked fine; I have not yet tested the bluetooth part of it.

:thumbup:

Hi Wonkey Donkey,
You seem to be working too hard!
Well done on helping so many people. You are doing a great job. Don't you think that this thread on "technical spec.s" has been outgrown? Maybe good to encourage everyone to head to your main new thread (where all the answers are or will appear anyway) over here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...uide-intel-haswell-nuc-core-i5-d54250wyk.html then at least there would be no need for switching between two or three places for support.
In this thread there are some speculative and even completely wrong suggestions (I know, I made them!) so better to switch to your own logical and well thought out postings to save people from making wrong decisions and give them a good path to success,,,,,
Esterhernd - maybe if you read this it'd be nice to put a link to the new thread into your first post?

Hi Wonkey Donkey,
You seem to be working too hard!
Well done on helping so many people. You are doing a great job. Don't you think that this thread on "technical spec.s" has been outgrown? Maybe good to encourage everyone to head to your main new thread (where all the answers are or will appear anyway) over here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...uide-intel-haswell-nuc-core-i5-d54250wyk.html then at least there would be no need for switching between two or three places for support.
In this thread there are some speculative and even completely wrong suggestions (I know, I made them!) so better to switch to your own logical and well thought out postings to save people from making wrong decisions and give them a good path to success,,,,,
Esterhernd - maybe if you read this it'd be nice to put a link to the new thread into your first post?

Oh I agree yep. I was thinking about it the last couple of days actually. It will get to a certain point and I will post a message simply stating that no further requests for information or clarification will be answered in this thread, if in relation to the guide.

That time is coming, no mistake about that.

For anyone reading, please take this as a large hint to take any further support requests to the installation thread, which can be found here :

That is all.

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back