Contribute
Register

Haswell NUC technical specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, good job on getting the Haswell NUC to work. :clap: The build description and guide are an excellent start. Good job WonkeyDonkey. :thumbup:

the modified one I have uploaded here (which is an edited version of Toledas patch to make it work for our NUC port numbers) should patch the frame buffer for the needed HDMI audio connection edit.
The Azul patch is incomplete for the HDMI connector.

Current:
Find: 01 05 12 00 00 04
Repl: 01 05 12 00 00 08

Recommended
Find: 01 05 12 00 00 04 00 00 87 00 00 00
Repl: 01 05 12 00 00 08 00 00 06 00 00 00

I have added this patch,
audio_nuc_hdmi-hd5k-azul-90_patch.command to my repo. The HDMI dsdt edits, NUC-HD5K-A1 are available there as well.

For HDMI audio:
1. Apply audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-90_patch.command (double click file name)
2. Apply audio_nuc_hdmi-hd5k-azul-90_patch.command (double click file name)
3. Apply NUC-HD5K-A1 (MaciASL)

See toleda/audio_hdmi_8series

The Azul patch is incomplete for the HDMI connector.

Current:
Find: 01 05 12 00 00 04
Repl: 01 05 12 00 00 08

Recommended
Find: 01 05 12 00 00 04 00 00 87 00 00 00
Repl: 01 05 12 00 00 08 00 00 06 00 00 00

I have added this patch,
audio_nuc_hdmi-hd5k-azul-90_patch.command to my repo. The HDMI dsdt edits, NUC-HD5K-A1 are available there as well.

For HDMI audio:
1. Apply audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-90_patch.command (double click file name)
2. Apply audio_nuc_hdmi-hd5k-azul-90_patch.command (double click file name)
3. Apply NUC-HD5K-A1 (MaciASL)

See toleda/audio_hdmi_8series

Sounds promising!

Is there any chance we could get the AHCI Controller patch added in to the DSDT ? Its showing as generic on mine. Ive tried the Multibeast patch and it doesnt seem to work, but Im sure this can also be fixed by a DSDT edit.

just to be clear these two choices are presented by the bios in the boot menu to ask which device to boot from, they arnt really unibeast options, unibeast is the App that creates the USB installer.

So When you say you only 1 choice, what is that choice exactly ? screenshot might be helpful

If you don't get the 2 choices at boot time, there can be only two possibilities. 1. The bios itself is different, have you upgraded to the latest bios, and checked all the bios settings ? 2. The USB drive has not been prepared incorrectly or is defective, I would suggest trying a different USB drive, erasing and recreating it as per the guide.

My general advice would be to take a step back, and start fresh, go step by step through the guide. Assume nothing, if something is unclear in the guide ask for clarification. Also can you Write down exactly what you do at each step, this will be very important to help work out where you went wrong (if it still doest not work)

Kiwi

Sound advice kiwi!

Thats why I wanted to start with the bios. Shutdown Cause 128 which we can see in the screen listing is suggestive of power issues and emergency shutdown according to some Apple forums, which could obviously point to power or hardware issues. I hope that isnt the case.

The copy/paste is important too for obvious reasons, but the kernel patching in this case has been successful else he wouldnt have got so far in the boot process.

Im sure we can get to the bottom of it one way or another though.

;)

Very critical yup. You should definitely update your bios.
What is the critical thing with updating the BIOS to version 0022? I did the whole install with 0021 and it seems to be working well.

What is the critical thing with updating the BIOS to version 0022? I did the whole install with 0021 and it seems to be working well.

Because I can only verify it works on the version I am using, plus if we are ever to get a working DSDT, that is specific to a bios version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back