Contribute
Register

Haswell NUC technical specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel has released the Technical Product Specification for the new NUC's.

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23089/eng/D54250WYB_D34010WYB_TechProdSpec01.pdf

Looks interesting.

Ersterhernd
Thanks. Just read this document, some interesting points.

• Intel I218V Gigabit Ethernet - Not sure what this is or if it will be compatible with OSX ?
  • Audio Chipset - Still haven't found out what chipset they are using. Anyone know ?
  • 12-19V external power supply, but states internal header can take 12-24V, not sure why the difference ? (but 12V is ideal for my usage)
  • DDR3L (low power) 1.3V Ram. Haven't heard of this before, but looks to be a lower power version used in ultra-books, I question how interchangable these will be with existing DDR3 memory?
  • Customer Solutions Header - with 5V and 3.3V standby power invaluable for modding, e.g. Cube Power sensor.
  • Height - Still nothing stated about height of motherboard, but did find some mechanical diagrams that are promising

Still a waiting game at this time...

Hi Kiwi, starting to see pre-order pricing on some sites now. Looks attractive, as the i5 version is only 70 dollars (CDN) more than the i3, and about 10% less than the current i5 NUC. Either new Haswell is considerably more robust than the previous gen though. Thats for certain.

Cheers!

• DDR3L (low power) 1.3V Ram. Haven't heard of this before, but looks to be a lower power version used in ultra-books, I question how interchangable these will be with existing DDR3 memory?
Its LP memory that we use when sandy bridge first come about 2 years ago.
Its just normal memory but have xmp profile with lower voltage.

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/memory/corsair_vengeance_lp_8gb_1_35v_review/1
Like this one,its nothing new its old tech by now.

I have one D54250k NUC at hand, it's not even starting with 1.5V modules, gives memory error code, so using 1.35V modules has became a mandatory.

I have qualified DDR3L modules now, but I could not get to osx installer screen, it reboots right at the apple logo screen, verbose mode shows no errors, after the starting darwin message it shows boot arguments and then resets the nuc... I could pmpatch the latest bios only, but the F7 does not work, it just does not flashes the bios -due to security i'd guess-...
i'm stuck here..

I have one D54250k NUC at hand, it's not even starting with 1.5V modules, gives memory error code, so using 1.35V modules has became a mandatory.

I have qualified DDR3L modules now, but I could not get to osx installer screen, it reboots right at the apple logo screen, verbose mode shows no errors, after the starting darwin message it shows boot arguments and then resets the nuc... I could pmpatch the latest bios only, but the F7 does not work, it just does not flashes the bios -due to security i'd guess-...
i'm stuck here..
here is a thred on the prior gen NUC i5, it makes bios suggestions, and unibeast settings, which you could try. Please post your findings.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...7hye-nuc-i5-3427u-usb3-hdmi-osx-10-8-4-a.html

Thank's.

I've already been tinkering around virtualization, and startup parameters, but they could not get me any closer to the installer screen, the system restarts at the same time.
The very same usb stick did install 10.8.5 fine to both an i3 ivy NUC, a Gigabyte z77itx-wifi +Core i7-3770 cpu, and an intel dh77ffdf+core i3-3245 setup as previous experiments, but failed to install to an ASRock M8 Core i5 at exactly the same poin as the haswell NUC does now.
The ASRock board needs a hacked bios, that's why i think the NUC might need the same pmpatch unlock.

any help and idea is welcome...

I still could not get to the installer screen, neither setting virtualization options, nor tinkering around startup parameters did not do the trick, and flashing pmpatch modified bios isn't working with F7 option.

I've also tried to install mavericks, but it has exactly the same problem, so it must be bios-related.

Any help and experience at how to flash a patched bios to an intel board is welcome ...

Try bios settings like this.

CHECK - Intel Virtual Technology
UNCHECK - Intel VT for directed I/O (VT-d)

Contrary to what the other blog states, this is how all my other builds are set.

Also have you tried the Laptop support in unibeast?

I also assume you gave set AHCI mode? And made sure HPET is enabled?

Can you tried the -v boot option and post screenshots.

have you tried boot options. i have read a lot of other threads that talk about these fixing issue wit reboot

-x -v PCIRootUID=0

On the Intel web site there are two BIOS version 0018 and 0025, have you tried both?

As for flashing BIOS's according to the read me on download site there are four was to flash BIOS.

1-Windows EXE
2-DOS Programe
3-BIOS F7
4-BIOS Recovery

You could try different methods for a patched bios.

With the Intel DQ77KB MB, you could only flash a patched BIOS from the original version of the bios, they may have fixed that loophole by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back