CPU
i7-4770S
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
problem with unibeast? when i create the unibeast installer i need to select laptop support?
what is the mac recognized before you update multibeast and smbios.plist? not a mac pro 2008?

Thanks
During the install guide we copy the macbookair definition to both the unibeast installer and the system partition after installation. Since we dont install any profile from multibeast or chameleon i.e we do it all manually, there is nowhere else for it to come from.

Post screenshot of contents of smbios.plist on unibeast key and also smbios.plist in /Extra folder on system drive please.

WonkeyDonkey

Motherboard
Asrock Z87E-ITX
CPU
i7-4770S
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
In the extra unibeast is the 2 file you post on the zip...
never mind i will live with macbook air on the about mac...

Find My Mac wont a wi-fi card, you know a half mini card with wi-fi and bluetooth combo
that work with the NUC and OSX OOB?

Thanks
Macbook Air on 'About This Mac' is exactly what it should be; that is the model that very closely matches the hardware of this model NUC.

There are combo wifi/bluetooth cards available although I dont use them as I dont use or want bluetooth, so mine is wifi only.

Have a check of the forums for the combo cards.

Post a copy of your com.apple.SystemProfiler.plist and I'll see if I can edit it for you to show up correctly.

WonkeyDonkey

Motherboard
Asrock Z87E-ITX
CPU
i7-4770S
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Now it is time for me to do some more Christmas shopping for my NUC. What is the best wifi bt combo for the NUC?
BCM943225HMB? http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2-19.html#post639776
Or is there something better that would work OOTB?
For anyone looking at bluetooth/wifi combo I can only recommend following the quoted thread.

I have one here which does work with the supplied kext's from that thread, but Im not sure of its exact make/model; it came supplied with a mini-itx mobo I bought (Asrock Z87E-ITX).

Im no expert with bluetooth on the Hackintosh as I have no interest in using it.

Stick with the recommendations in that thread and you should be good to go I think.

:thumbup:

WonkeyDonkey

Motherboard
Asrock Z87E-ITX
CPU
i7-4770S
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
It seems the model is AzureWave AW-CE123H

Before you go running off to ebay though, bear this in mind : I tried this in one of those little mini-pcie to pice adaptors and it didnt work.

It only seems to work on motherboards that have a built-in mini pci-e slot, which means it should in theory work on our NUC boxes, but I have not tried it yet. If there is enough interest I will remove it from its mothership and try it in my NUC if that would help anyone. I think I have an apple bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse somewhere lying about.

Would any of our readers be interested in this option ?

Further details here :

http://wikidevi.com/wiki/AzureWave_AW-CE123H

For information, we have Mavericks successfully running on the Z87E-ITX and this card shows up wifi and bluetooth correctly in System Prefs but I didnt try it out with any bluetooth devices. The wifi part is broadcom so well supported. I used kexts downloaded from tonymac to enable them.

It supports Bluetooth 3.0 and 4.0, as well as wifi upto and including ac standard.

WonkeyDonkey

Motherboard
Asrock Z87E-ITX
CPU
i7-4770S
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I can't find this model (BCM94352HMB) in ebay only 1 with expensive product and shiping
so i looking for BCM943225HMB for 10$...
but i dont know if it will work with NUC and how to config it if its not OOB...
Im afraid I dont have any experience of that particular chip.

Edit : I see what you are looking for now. You might try searching your local stores/ebay for the AzureWave chip itself.

WonkeyDonkey

Motherboard
Asrock Z87E-ITX
CPU
i7-4770S
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
For those interested, I have added the combo card (AzureWave AW-CE123H) to the to-do list on the install guide since reading through the forums in general there is interest in fully working cards like this.

My experience of it on the Z87E-ITX was positive. All I did to get it working was install 2 kexts; upon reboot both parts of the card were recognised and I was able to configure them successfully.

I tested the wifi and that worked fine; I have not yet tested the bluetooth part of it.

:thumbup:

WonkeyDonkey

Motherboard
Asrock Z87E-ITX
CPU
i7-4770S
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
yes, but the pictures show the AzureWave AW-NB290 so they lie?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=BCM943225HMB&_sop=15

Thanks
Well that broadcom controller may have been used in more than one AzureWave card.

Probably best to search for the AzureWave model itself - AzureWave AW-CE123H

;)

Edit : Just read over on Insanelymac that while this card will work, the 5Ghz doesnt, so assuming upto and including 'n' standard maybe; thats with the kexts from Toleda. My router is currently setup for 'g' standard and it works on that.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9030 All in One
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Wonkey Donkey,
You seem to be working too hard!
Well done on helping so many people. You are doing a great job. Don't you think that this thread on "technical spec.s" has been outgrown? Maybe good to encourage everyone to head to your main new thread (where all the answers are or will appear anyway) over here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/119218-installation-guide-intel-haswell-nuc-core-i5-d54250wyk.html then at least there would be no need for switching between two or three places for support.
In this thread there are some speculative and even completely wrong suggestions (I know, I made them!) so better to switch to your own logical and well thought out postings to save people from making wrong decisions and give them a good path to success,,,,,
Esterhernd - maybe if you read this it'd be nice to put a link to the new thread into your first post?