Contribute
Register

Haswell Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome, I figured someone would come up with a build that would fit in the mini case, but my bet was for one of the core duo or core 2 duo era mini cases. This is amazing, and looks as good as, if not better than the original stock case.

Great Job :thumbup:

Thanks for all the great comments guys.

Still running fine, every day, and working nicely with Fusion Drive! Temp.s staying good too.

I also bought myself one of these cases with the Optical Slot in it and have no idea what to do with it yet. Guess it is waiting for an even smaller mobo standard to come out so it can be hacked.....

Well done, Minihack! :thumbup:

I like the touch sensor in the Apple logo.

MacTester

Well done, Minihack! :thumbup:

I like the touch sensor in the Apple logo.

MacTester

Thanks MacTester, that capacitive touch sensor is a good little kit (pretty cheap too) and thanks to the conductive tape acting as one terminal it fits almost anywhere.

This is my Haswell NUC mod inside my Mac Mini case.

The mod was great fun to do, as I had to re-think things several times on exactly what, where, how.

The result though is a stunning little box inspired by the original Mac Mini, but brought up to date.
Hi MiniHack, Just spotted your writeup, this is truly a great build, one to be proud of. Thanks for posting the excellent writeup.

Kiwi

Hi MiniHack, Just spotted your writeup, this is truly a great build, one to be proud of. Thanks for posting the excellent writeup.

Kiwi

Thanks Kiwi. Much appreciated.

I am watching TV with it right now…..it gets used everyday.

The mod is awesome, I really like it. I was looking for the IO bracket, can you tell me where you got yours? I found the "iceman" on taobao but it seems very hard to contact him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back