Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
A clue, which patch file name applies to your system?

I'm actually not sure which of these applies to my system -- that's the question I'm not sure the answer to!

The first and second are identical, except for the -1 and -2. Not sure what those delineate.

On the third, I'm not sure what "no_p0p2" means.

And finally, on the fourth, the only NUC that I know of is the Intel NUC, and I'm not sure how that applies here.

I'm actually not sure which of these applies to my system
With no profile, you are doing this to yourself. I stopped guessing a long time ago. The -1 and -2 refers to Audio ID as noted in Post #1.

With no profile, you are doing this to yourself. I stopped guessing a long time ago. The -1 and -2 refers to Audio ID as noted in Post #1.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm on the Z87I-Deluxe (I believe that board is in your signature), with the ALC1150 audio codec.

As per post #1:

8 series HDMI audio works with two Audio IDs
  1. Audio_ID: 1 supports HD4600/AMD/Nvidia HDMI and 3, 5 and 6 port ALC8xx onboard audio
  2. Audio_ID: 2 supports HD4600/AMD/Nvidia HDMI and 3 port ALC8xx onboard audio

As my case does not fall under either of these, I am unsure of which ID to use, or which of the 4 SSDT files to use. I'm sure it is laid out somewhere -- I'm just not sure where. Additionally, I couldn't find anything in the initial post about what the NUC might refer to.

As my case does not fall under either of these
For the second time, fix your profile.
See Post #1/Requirements/4. Haswell motherboard audio codecs/1. Supported: ALC887, ALC892, ALC898 and ALC1150

Search: NUC

For the second time, fix your profile.
See Post #1/Requirements/4. Haswell motherboard audio codecs/1. Supported: ALC887, ALC892, ALC898 and ALC1150

Search: NUC

My apologies, I assumed ALCxxx only referred to ALC 887, ALC892, and ALC898. My mistake.

Here is my plan of attack, please correct if I've misunderstood:

(1) I've already used MultiBeast to enable ALC1150
(2) Since I only see 3 ports on the back of my motherboard, I will assume I am using AUDIO ID_2 (I'm not clear on the difference between 3 and 3/5/6 here, but I'll go ahead and choose only the only 3 port option), and install the Framebuffer patch.
(3) Use audio_hdmi_8series-master/ssdt_8series/audio_ssdt-hdmi-ami_hd5k-amd-nvidia-2_v2/ to enable HDMI audio.

Thank you for your patience.

Here is my plan of attack, please correct if I've misunderstood:
Yes.
With 3 port audio and Audio ID: 1, audio ports work as labeled (2 inputs/1 output)
With 3 port audio and Audio ID: 2, audio ports are repurposed for 5.1 analog (3 outputs)

Hello Toleda,

Were you able find a solution associated to mine?

Doing a refresh

I have a rig with this configuration

CPU: i5 4440
Motherboard: Asus H81M-A
Graphics: HD4600
Bios version: 1001 (last version)
Bootloader: Clover 2671 (last version)
OS X: Maverick 10.9.2

My idea is enable the HDMI audio, and like last post you requested me the ACPI tables from a native startup, see post #351 and #352

I don't want take your time, but, Do you have any tips to give?

Greetings

My idea is enable the HDMI audio, and like last post you requested me the ACPI tables from a native startup, see post #351 and #352
The acpi tables are fine. Is the issue the HDMI audio ssdt did not work?

Yes exactly, but this rig is of a friend mine, then him will continue this thread more later

Now I needs your better suggestion for my new hackintosh but is topic for another thread

Thanks by your invaluable help

Hello Toleda

I moved to Haswell and the configuration of my rig is

CPU: i7 4770k (no OC activated)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87M-D3H
Grafica: nVidia GTX650 ti and HD4600
Bios version: F9 (F10 is the last version but I can not install this because the file have checksum error)
Bootloader: Clover 2689
S.O: Mavericks 10.9.3

My idea is, activate the discret HDMI audio and the onboard HDMI audio working on 10.9.3

I am asking because the start of the guide says 10.9.2 support

Grettings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back