Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know what is wrong; Suggest a clean install.
Patch AppleHDA v2.6.1 is not required, Post #1 says: AppleHDA.kext_v2.5.2 or 2.5.3 only

I just restore original AppleHDA v.2.6.1 (no Multibeast), and run it, result: No Audio Output

So, I just stick with this until next version of Mac OS is out.. ahaha..

Thanks a lot btw, this is really helpful. :headbang:

I just restore original AppleHDA v.2.6.1 (no Multibeast), and run it, result: No Audio Output
No surprise; not what was suggested. The patch is not required on a MultiBeast AppleHDA. Simply proved OS X audio does not work on non native hardware. AppleHDA is unrelated to the graphics recognition problem.

HDMI audio is the same in 10.8.5 and 10.9+. BT is the same in both though pairing may require some tricks. If you plan to get to Mavericks, do Mavericks.

1. Could you link me to the tricks required for BT pairing?
2. If I understand everything correctly, I would have to install 2 patches for audio -- one for ALC 1150, and one for HDMI audio? Both involve installing SSDT file in /extra directory?

1. Could you link me to the tricks required for BT pairing?
2. If I understand everything correctly, I would have to install 2 patches for audio -- one for ALC 1150, and one for HDMI audio? Both involve installing SSDT file in /extra directory?
1. [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2 - Page 21 #209
2. MultiBest/AppleHDA patched, other patch required to edit framebuffer from DP to HDMI. Yes.

1. [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2 - Page 21 #209
2. MultiBest/AppleHDA patched, other patch required to edit framebuffer from DP to HDMI. Yes.

Thanks for the link. From reading it, is this supposed to be a new problem when switching to Mavericks? I was never able to get it to pair correctly in 10.8.5.

I know this is somewhat off topic, but will I have to re-enable the wifi/bluetooth with the SSDT patch after upgrading, or should that stick from last time?

Thank you for your time.

Off topic.

Does it matter which SSDT I use?

I see 4 options:

audio_hdmi_8series-master/ssdt_8series/audio_ssdt-hdmi-ami_hd5k-amd-nvidia-1_v2/
audio_hdmi_8series-master/ssdt_8series/audio_ssdt-hdmi-ami_hd5k-amd-nvidia-2_v2/
audio_hdmi_8series-master/ssdt_8series/audio_ssdt-hdmi-ami-no_p0p2_hd5k-amd-nvidia-1_v1/
audio_hdmi_8series-master/ssdt_8series/audio_ssdt-hdmi-nuc_hd5k-1_v2/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back