Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello toleda, I thought I'd drop a note here that might help troubleshoot future users. Using HD7950 and the hd4600 in mavericks, I have used both of your guides and found the following.

If you init the dedicated gpu in bios, with the intel still activated, my display does not report correct resolution, and there is no underscan option on hdmi tvs. On top of this, hdmi only sometimes works, other times it freezes the system.

However, if you go with the route where you init on the internal gpu and your guide where you suugest 0D220003 as platformID (which does not mean you need anything connected to it, your display will come on once osx boots), everything works on the hd7950, hdmi audio, hotplugging, overscan, proper resolutions, you name it.

could just be my exact combination of hardware, but I thought I'd note it down here.

I don't know what happened on my hack. Earlier today I had HDMI audio with Clover. Have had it working for the last month or so. Restarted the computer, no more HDMI Audio. And I haven't changed anything, no updates or anything. Worked, then restarted, and hasn't worked since.

attached you can see the config.plist, ioreg and SSDT i used to activate audio/hdmi
Missed an edit in audio_cloverHDMI/config-hdmi_hd4600-92/ACPI/DropTables/SaSsdt
Add the following to config.plist:
Code:
        <key>DropTables</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>SaSsdt </string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>HD4600+ HDMI Audio, copy/paste 2 properties</string>
            </dict>
        </array>

could just be my exact combination of hardware
I cannot get to the Desktop using 0D220003 with no HD4600 display. I have no issues with HD7750 as primary using 04120004 (no display). Without a boot display, testing is impossible.

I don't know what happened on my hack. Earlier today I had HDMI audio with Clover. Have had it working for the last month or so. Restarted the computer, no more HDMI Audio. And I haven't changed anything, no updates or anything. Worked, then restarted, and hasn't worked since.

I seem to have fixed it. Somehow DropOEM SSDT had been turned to NO instead of YES.

I cannot get to the Desktop using 0D220003 with no HD4600 display. I have no issues with HD7750 as primary using 04120004 (no display). Without a boot display, testing is impossible.

Yeah I was using with a boot display for testing, but made no difference, the post would show on the second screen as well, with both connected to 7950, and it would go blank and/or freeze the system sometimes once osx booted. Regardless, my screen never showed the proper resolution/overscan even when it worked, which was really strange, given that it works perfectly with 0d220003(with or without screen attached)

Hey toleda, is there a reason I can't get HD4600 HDMI Audio working in 10.9.1 but I can in 10.9.2? Not that it makes much of a difference, just curious.

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7-TH/F4/ 4770k /760/ OS X 10.9.2

i followed this guide to set up everything http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...line-test-file-copy-results-3.html#post766043

i think all the audio is installed.

DSDT attached

I looked at IOJONES

PEGP@1 shows
GFX0@0 shows
HDAU@3 shows
underneath is AppleHDAController@3 and underneath that there is IOHDACodec@3,0 (maybe this is the issues)
IGPU@2 shows and it says connector type <00 08 00 00>

Also both devices say television yes (IGPU and GTX760)

Could somebody please help me out and let me know if its something wrong with the patches i installed from initial setup. I haven't yet to add a patch from this thread. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Also random question IO jones says that my computer is a mac pro but in the file it says iMac. Could that be the issue.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    49.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Trez’s Mac Pro.iojones
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back