Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's alive! HDMI audio now working. I cheated somewhat after my last post as reading back through the thread I saw that Azimuth1 had the same issue and had uploaded his edited kext to post #35. I installed that using DPCIManager (having backed up the original kext), rebuilt the kernel cache (although I think the kext instal did that already and rebooted. Bang on!

I will now read through the link below and work out how to make the required edits myself.

Thank you so very much Toleda!

I've got the same Mobo, so looks like you, Azimuth1, tonymac, and I are in the same boat =P

Once 10.9.1 Update comes out and is applied, we'd need to patch both AppleHDA.kext and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext again (If I'm reading the first post correctly)
Unless Azimuth1 posts a patched AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext again, we'd need to do it ourselves ;P

First of all many thanks to toleda, tonymac and all the contributors to this forum. I'm new to hackintosh but have successfully built and installed mavericks on my i5 4670k, gigabyte z87mx based machine, thanks entirely to the guides and discussion on this board. Honestly it went much smoother than I anticipated, and it works great.

Next i want to enable hdmi audio and i have been studying this entire thread for a couple of days, mostly just trying to make sense of some of the terminology that is new to me. The instructions themselves seem clear.

So now for my simple and embarrassingly noobish question:

In the OP of this thread, under Installation: haswell hdmi audio ssdt, when it says to "install" the ssdt.aml file as Extra/SSDT.aml, what exactly is meant by "install"? Is it something more than copying the file to the correct location? Do I use Multibeast or another piece of software?

Thanks in advance, and please excuse my basic question.

Finder Copy/Paste Drag and Drop (w/Option key for copy) Terminal/cp Terminal/mv
Great, so it is just a matter of putting the file in the Extra dir and naming it properly. Thanks for responding.:thumbup: EDIT: Got it working! Thanks again to Toleda and all posters.

Thank you Azimuth1!!! (post #36) I followed the instructions and notes in post #1 and then my HDMI was still not showing up, and then I switched out my AppleIntelFramebufferAzul kext with the one you provided and then it showed up! I didn't even rebuild the cache :) Thanks to toledo too of course for writing up these awesome instructions in the first place :headbang: Now I don't have to keep moving my computer speakers back and forth from the desk to the TV stand :)
HDMI.jpg

Edit: I don't have the hot plugging or sleep issue. They both seem to work just fine.

Many thanks for these guides.

I followed all the instructions, but still getting no sound out of my TV (HDMI). The HDMI device (Westinghouse TV) is recognized in the sound settings, but no sound.

I installed 10.9 without a problem and then ran MultiBeast:
DSDT Free
Audio>Without DSDT>ALC892
Audio>Without DSDT>HDAEnabler
Disk>3rd Party Sata
Disk>FakeSMC v5.3.820
Network>ALXEthernet v1.0.2
Network>AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14
System>AppleRTC Patch for CMOS reset
Bootloaders>Chimera v2.2.1
Basic boot options
Sys Def>Mac Pro 3.1

MB: GA-Z87N-Wifi
CPU: i5-4670K
Did not edit DSDT
SSDT and Iojones attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    304 KB · Views: 114
Hi toleda, hate to sound like a super noob, but is there a simple way to get HDMI audio working on Haswell systems? I've read every post in this thread, but I still can't seem to figure out how to get it to work for me. Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

I installed 10.9 without a problem and then ran MultiBeast:
DSDT Free
Audio>Without DSDT>ALC892
Audio>Without DSDT>HDAEnabler

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wrong, no enabler. Use Audio>With DSDT (the ssdt has the same edits the dsdt would have)
IOReg says HDMI audio is working. Check volume/mute on the TV.

is there a simple way to get HDMI audio working on Haswell systems?
Post #1 is the only post in the thread that matters. What did you try in Post #1 and what happened, be specific?

After a fresh install, I ran Multibeast to install drivers and after that I tried this:

1. Installation - Haswell HDMI audio dsdt

1. MaciASL, see Tools, 1.
  2. dsdt must compile before HDMI audio editing dsdt.
  3. MaciASL/Preferences/Sources/raw.github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series/master
  4. MaciASL/Patch/Open/Downloads/dsdt-ami-8_series_hdmi_audio-1 or -2
  5. MaciASL/Apply/Compile/Save
  6. Install Location.aml/dsdt.aml
  7. Rebuild kernel cache - see Tools, 2.
  8. Restart
  9. Verify HDMI audio

However, I got hung up at step 4. I think I may have done step 3 wrong? Does what's listed there mean that I should open MaciASL go to Preferences -> Sources -> then add the raw.github...etc as a source?

Additionally, I don't think I did any of these:

1. Remove S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext or S/L/E/HDAEnabler2.kext (if present)
  2. Remove any property-type injection (Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, remove the injection not the plist file)

Not that I have any Idea how to do those anyway... haha :roll2::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back