Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z87x ud3h
CPU
i7 4770
Graphics
gtx 770 4gb
Hello, this is my first post, i'm currently working on a haswell hackintosh to install big sur on it. First of all sorry if i make any mistake as english is not my main language.
I managed to install big sur with open core, the kext files i added to the config.plist are:
  • whatevergreen
  • virtualSMC
  • USBinjectall
  • lilu
  • intelmausi
  • appleALC
The problems i've found are:

macOS doesn't show any ethernet interface even though the cable is connected and works (is the one i use on my main pc)
bluetooth usb adapter does not work
i haven't checked if the audio works but the devices are shown on the menu

what can i do to get the internet connection working? i don't have wifi either although i can put a wireless adapter if necessary

What does the System Preferences > Network pane show regarding your Ethernet port?

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 17.54.49.png

What does the System information > Ethernet Cards report show?

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 17.55.47.png

If you provide some more information, we might be able to help.

Hello! thanks for your fast reply and sorry for my slow one, there's nothing on network pane there's no ethernet connection, no wifi, no bluetooth, nothing.
On System information i can see (translated from spanish): Seems there's no ethernet pci card installed on this system

Something i have noticed aswell is that only 2 of my usb are working on the motherboard back panel and none of the case are working.

thanks for your help!

Ethernet Port:
The GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard uses an intel Ethernet controller.
  • For your Ethernet port to be detected and work in macOS you should add IntelMausiEthernet.kext (copy attached below) to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  • Alternatively you can use IntelMausi.kext.
One of these two kexts will need to be present in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder for your Ethernet port to function.

Bluetooth/USB issues:
Your Bluetooth issues are probably related to your USB configuration, or rather the lack of a custom configuration for your USB ports.
  • The Bluetooth module/dongle will be attached to a motherboard USB header or Type-A USB port, if the port or header are not correctly configured then the Bluetooth will not show up in macOS.
  • The same goes for your front case USB ports, these will be connected to a USB2 or USB3 motherboard header port on the motherboard. If the header ports are not configured they won't work.
I would recommend you have a read and follow this guide by UtterDisbelief for configuring your USB ports - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

SATA Controllers:
You should also add AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, so the two Marvell SATA ports are correctly recognised by macOS. Copy attached below.

If you post a copy of your CLOVER folder I will have a look and see what needs attention for you. Just remember to delete or redact the Serial number. SmUUID, Board Serial Number, MLB and ROM (if a custom one has been generated) from the config.plist.

Attachments

• IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip
    55 KB · Views: 327
  • AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 158
Hello,

i'm a begginer in the hackintosh world, this is my first build. How can I add the intelmausi kext you shared with me into that folder( by the way my route was slightly different when i made the usb i guess because i used OpenCore instead of Clover)?
i'll send you a copy of the folder before modifying it.
i tried following the tutorial you sent me for the usb configuration but the disks are slightly different:
hackintosh ssd disk0
disk1 container
Macintosh HD disk1s5
com.apple.os.update (not sure what's that though) disk1s5s1
Macintosh HD - Data disk1s1

in addition to the previous post, i have tried mounting every partition (disk1sX) but always got error 71 Resource busy, except for disk1s3 where i got permission denied.
The user is Administrator and it's the only user on the system (apart from guest which is disabled)

How do you have an OpenCore setup on your system if you don't know how to, or can't mount the macOS EFI partition?

Download and install Hackintool, which is available from the bottom of the first post in this thread - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v3-x-x.254559/

Add the Hackintool app to your Applications folder.
Open Hackintool and navigate to the 'Disks' tab, shown below.

Screenshot 2021-07-05 at 22.40.48.png Hackintool > Disks tab - EFI mount points highlighted in Red rectangle

Selecting on of the pairs of Up/Down arrows adjacent to your macOS disk will mount the EFI partition on your Desktop. If you don't know which one is your macOS drive then mount them all, eject the ones that don't contain the OpenCore EFI folder for your system.

You need to add the kexts to the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder, simple copy and paste.

You also need to add the kexts to the Kernel section of your config.plist, otherwise they won't be used by OpenCore.

I would advise you to spend some time reading the OC guides and getting familiar with the way OpenCore works.

Hey i tried following all the steps, i added the two kext files into the efi folder > OC > kexts, everything fine for now not much complicated, when i got to edit the plist (i only had to add the ahci kext as i already had the intelmausi registered in my plist file) but when i restarted the hackintosh it won't detect any kind of OS on the drive.
Is there something i can do? or maybe just reinstall? if i hace to reinstall i will change my kexts for the ones you supplied me and edit the plist again

Check your bios settings are correct for running macOS with OpenCore:

Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port/Super IO port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection) This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled
  • For 10.10 and older, you'll need to enable AppleCpuPmCfgLock as well
Enable
  • VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
Your system may not have all these settings, some may be hidden within other settings, CSM and UEFI booting being the ones to spring to mind.

You will also need to make sure your Graphics options are set correctly, i.e. Intel graphics enabled, and PEG or External set as default, so your GTX 770 is the priority graphics option.

You may need to reset the default boot drive to OpenCore or the UEFI partition of your macOS Drive.

i was just working on the efi folder from a copy i had and i can see that the achi kext does not get an executable path, i then went to sanity checker and found some errors and question marks that i don't know if i must fix or leave them as they are as some are marked as missing. i'm adding a copy of my efi folder down here, this is the updated version.

i didn't touch anything from the bios and i could boot it before, so i assume the problem is with the efi folder as the problem came when i added the kext files and modified the config.plist file.

Thanks for all the help

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back