Contribute
Register

Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Pike and Rehabman, i can live with the x 10 for now...looks like 20 hours of work for me..:0)

It is not that bad... And you could just regenerate using the new script.

Searched high and low about the SDHC card reader and could find VoodooSDHC, but does not seem to work for this laptop.
Any help appreciated.

It probably needs work. If you have C++ skills, you could start...

I am really struggling here, trying to get PM working on my Haswell laptop. I've been following 4 or so threads this week, and I think it begins with the fact that I can't get a working DSDT. Every extraction method - Windows, Ubuntu, Mac w MaciASL/Cham Wiz/etc all spit out something slightly different, but they all have 150+ errors and I don't even know where to start.

AFAIK, without the DSDT, none of these combos of smbios/SSDT are going to work for me, correct? I only get 2 states:8x and 35x, and it's stuck at the 8x. On a possibly related note, my mini-PCI-e wi-fi isn't even recognized even though it's an Atheros 9280 and should work OB.

Since this is a BTO laptop, I can't find any BIOS updates I necessarily trust - none exist from company, but it's based off of the MSI GT70 apparently.

specs: i7-4800MQ, 780GTX

I have followed other threads that got me booting - using recompiled mach_kernel, patched 10.8.5 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from MultiBeast, Using Chameleon 2260, and 4 modified kexts from another guy with a GT70, without which, I can't get to the desktop:AppleACPIPlatform, AppleAHCIPort, IOPCIFamily, IOPlatformPluginFamily. Currently trying MacMini6,2, but have tried all the others. Seems like MacBookPro11,3 is closest to what I have, but isn't in the X86platform kext...

Do I just have a bunk DSDT? Is my 4800MQ the prob since everyone else has 4700s? What should I try next?
DSDT/SSDT/IOReg/bdmesg are attached...

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi...

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
It is not that bad... And you could just regenerate using the new script.
It probably needs work. If you have C++ skills, you could start...

Python testscript programming, but that won't help i geuss, for testing purpose i could recommend SIKULI, it an easy test/automation tool.

I can't find the 6.8 installer any where tried googling.....only the last link you sent me shows up.
and no github I'm no good compiling...>0)

Python testscript programming, but that won't help i geuss, for testing purpose i could recommend SIKULI, it an easy test/automation tool.

I can't find the 6.8 installer any where tried googling.....only the last link you sent me shows up.
and no github I'm no good compiling...>0)

6.8 installer?

Ok, wouldn't you know it. A little after I post my question I figure it out :) Found a working DSDT, using MacBookAir 6,2 smbios, and PM is working finally.

Noob mistake I made: randomly installing stuff with the hopes it would work. This is only my 6th hackintosh, should have known better...Had an old IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext messing things up...

in other news, still a no-go with Atheros 9280...

Ok, wouldn't you know it. A little after I post my question I figure it out :) Found a working DSDT, using MacBookAir 6,2 smbios, and PM is working finally.

Noob mistake I made: randomly installing stuff with the hopes it would work. This is only my 6th hackintosh, should have known better...Had an old IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext messing things up...

in other news, still a no-go with Atheros 9280...

Atheros 9280 is supported natively with stock kexts.

Is this kernel also suitable for 10.8.5? Thanks in advance

Is this kernel also suitable for 10.8.5? Thanks in advance

This is a 10.9 kernel. As you may have noticed, this thread is in the "Mavericks Laptop Support" forum.

Hello, thanks for this, I think this is the problem I am having as well (when booting the installer it would blank the screen and reboot).

I created the usb drive using the "10.9 Mavericks Simple Vanilla" guide and used your mach_kernel with the Clover bootloader. It gets further with your kernel - it no longer reboots. However, I now get a kernel panic that says:
Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/Users/Admin/Projects/kernel/xnu-2422.1.72/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1497

I used Kext Wizard to insert the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (dl'd from http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...appleintelcpupowermanagement-kext-10-8-a.html ) and I rebuilt the cache but the error remained the same.

Is this related or a seperate problem? Any ideas about how to proceed? I have, as yet, been unable to boot into the installer on this machine.

Specs:
MSI GS70 with i7-4700HQ (2.4GHz, Haswell), NVidia GTX 765M, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back