Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4

BTW is xcpm still not included in the kernel source? Because if it's not, then I would think coming up with a binary patch for the stock kernel would probably get PM working. That's the ideal thing anyway since Apple's services don't work on source-built kernels. And does AppleIntelInfo not tell you anything either for p-states? Since Pike added support for Haswell-E to SSDTPRGen I assumed he would have added it to AppleIntelInfo as well.

BTW is xcpm still not included in the kernel source? Because if it's not, then I would think coming up with a binary patch for the stock kernel would probably get PM working. That's the ideal thing anyway since Apple's services don't work on source-built kernels. And does AppleIntelInfo not tell you anything either for p-states? Since Pike added support for Haswell-E to SSDTPRGen I assumed he would have added it to AppleIntelInfo as well.

XCPM is not included in the XNU sources and probably never include. I will try to find a binary patch for Haswell-E.

@tonymacx86

Please test this bin. patch for enable Haswell-E with vanilla kernel.

try with this first:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /mach_kernel

If the first do not works try with this:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\X0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\X0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /mach_kernel

All credits for pikeralpha

http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/haswell-mach_kernel-patch/

I just follow his steps

I have a functional system apart from boot. I still need my Unibeast drive to start up from my OS X install. A small problem for now. Very pleased with the results. I hated Windows 8 for the week or so I was forced to use it as a main driver. Thanks again.

EDIT:

No sound on my GA-X99-UD4. ALC1150 kext didn't stick, even with 9 Series enabler. No wake from sleep as of yet.

I have a functional system apart from boot. I still need my Unibeast drive to start up from my OS X install. A small problem for now. Very pleased with the results. I hated Windows 8 for the week or so I was forced to use it as a main driver. Thanks again.

EDIT:

No sound on my GA-X99-UD4. ALC1150 kext didn't stick, even with 9 Series enabler. No wake from sleep as of yet.

You are using binary patch?

Great work guys, it is really appreciated. I am holding of on which x99 board to get until I see stable builds on here. Keep up the great work! :clap::headbang:

Thanks Tonymac it works !
when i m on the desktop, what kind of settings (multibeast) you recommend ?
Because I tried it once with Dsdt free but I could not restart.

Asus Deluxe X99 + 5960x.

thanks
Update: every time I have to use the unibeast key to boot.

@tonymacx86

Please test this bin. patch for enable Haswell-E with vanilla kernel.

try with this first:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /mach_kernel

If the first do not works try with this:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\X0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\X0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /mach_kernel

All credits for pikeralpha

http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/haswell-mach_kernel-patch/

I just follow his steps

Good job stinga11 the first binpatch works- it's much better to use the pre-built kernel with this patch than the compiled version I posted until we have native support.

I removed the kernel download and updated the original post with the info. :thumbup:

Tony, are you able to boot without the Unibeast USB? It appears as though Chimera doesn't want to let me boot without booting from the Unibeast USB first. Also, what board are you using on the test system? Still having no luck with Audio, even with Voodoo or the binary patch. DPCI Manager shows no Codec on my system, though it functions fine under Windows.

Tony, are you able to boot without the Unibeast USB? It appears as though Chimera doesn't want to let me boot without booting from the Unibeast USB first. Also, what board are you using on the test system? Still having no luck with Audio, even with Voodoo or the binary patch. DPCI Manager shows no Codec on my system, though it functions fine under Windows.

That would depend on the motherboard. I'm not sure which ones allow Legacy GUID boot and which ones have CSM that allow Legacy + UEFI boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back