Status
Not open for further replies.
Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4

How about Yosemite DP7?
Do you try it?

How about Yosemite DP7?
Do you try it?

As soon as it's officially released, I'll let you know. ;)

Managed to bump the Geekbench score a bit with a mild overclock with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and MacPro 3,1 smbios:

Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 12.37.53 PM.png

Why this processor is so slow? Only 3400 in single thread mode? Something went wrong.

That's pretty standard if you look on geekbench... Remember that the base clock speed and turbo boost speed is much lower than the quad core haswells. A decent overclock though should get over 4k single core no problem.

@tonymacx86 how much of an OC is that?

That's pretty standard if you look on geekbench... Remember that the base clock speed and turbo boost speed is much lower than the quad core haswells. A decent overclock though should get over 4k single core no problem.

@tonymacx86 how much of an OC is that?

I've only done auto defaults- still showing 3.3GHz in OS X tho. I'm thinking that more work needs to be done in the bootloader, and we need a refreshed Mac Pro for full support.

Did you try the patched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext and a generated SSDT?

Yea I generated an SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh and tried it with DropSSDT and MacPro6,1 smbios. Also tried with and without OC. Also tried both patched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext and without, and NullCPU and without. Seems to work fine without NullCPU, but with the combination of MacPro3,1 and Null I got the best performance.

FakeSMC plugins cause Kernel Panic on bootup. Weird thing is, Intel Power Gadget doesn't install- it says it doesn't recognize the CPU- likely needs an update. I'm pretty sure the CPU is stuck at top power state, but I can't tell without Intel Power Gadget readout.

Bit of an oddity, probably something dumb on my end. Rather than doing a fresh install of OS X, I moved my DIY fusion drive over into my new X99 machine. Copied mach_kernel over onto the Fusion Drive root, and rebooted. I selected "Fusion Drive 1" and ended up with the error "Can't find /mach_kernel" - so I said, "That's weird, I must not have copied it."

Entered boot flags again and selected the Unibeast drive, and suddenly, I'm in my Fusion Drive? Ran Multibeast as normal, rebooted, and my BIOS doesn't seem to think the Fusion Drive is bootable. Even after Multibeast is run and Chimera installed, booting into the Unibeast drive and selecting the Unibeast drive to boot from yields a boot into my Fusion Drive. What the heck?

i remember one of the fusion drive tutorials a while back saying something about that, that the unibeast installer for whatever reason will boot the fusion drive after it's set up. Did you copy boot0 and boot1h to the disks?

i remember one of the fusion drive tutorials a while back saying something about that, that the unibeast installer for whatever reason will boot the fusion drive after it's set up. Did you copy boot0 and boot1h to the disks?

Didn't think to. Interesting. Let me do that real quick, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back