Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@doubletheman - thanks, I didn't think to throw that TPU switch ... wow did that help!

I still get some random "Couldn't allocate runtime data" errors on boot and I've tried a few OsxAptiDrv (spelling) drivers with clover but so far its just an annoying thing to deal with from time to time.

@lakdk99 - For video you'd have to install the Web Driver from Nvidia so you can change nv_disable=1 to nvda_drv=1. Depending on your system profile you may also need edit -
MacPro6,1 requires this fix: Edit to AppleGraphicsControl.kext.

Quick note on that edit - /Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Down the tree of XML we go -
IOKitPersonalities
AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
ConfigMap
F60DEB81FF30ACF6 - Change to 'none'

If you run a 5,1 you may be ok. And 5,1 is needed to install the Web Driver from Nvidia for Mac.

On my system for a 6,1 Profile I had to set PCIRootUID=1 and 5,1 had to set PCIRootUID=0 to get it to boot up ok too.
All of mine: darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1

Attachments

• Geekbench 4.3Ghz.png
    Geekbench 4.3Ghz.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 251
Hi,
Wanted to address this HDD LED Light on my system, and ran into some more fun -

M.2 via Socket 3 makes the HDD LED Light on constant. I wanted to move it to the Hyper M.2 card and put it in a slot below the Video Card.

After doing this, the HDD LED no longer lit up, but did flicker for SATA connections. However, the Hyper Card data access did not make the light flicker. I had to add the boot arg "slice=0" also when it was in the Hyper card.

Also interesting ... after moving it, Clover was in full 2560x1440 vs. roughly 1280x1040 prior. The M.2 was no longer showing up as "UEFI OS" either. I attempted to re-install Clover but could not get the M.2 to show up as "UEFI OS" again. This is making me wonder if I should use a normal SATA drive for Clover vs. the M.2.

I ultimately blew out the partition(s) on the M.2 and cloned back the OS to fix the problem. Now the Clover GUI is back to 1280x1024 but in the bios it shows up as UEFI OS again.

Hello! I have a problem with my MB MSI X99A SLI PLUS, i try to install 10.9.5 using clover and i have an error - black screen - you can see my loading processe here - https://cloud.mail.ru/public/59fr1erS1JFK/IMG_3087.MOV

MB: X99A SLI

CPU:Intel Core i7-5820K
MEMORY: 8GB PC1700 DDR4 KVR21N15/8 KINGSTON KG
HDD: SSD 128GB PM871 SAMSUNG
VIDEO:GTX980 4GB GDDR5 GTX 980 GAMING 4G MR

Please help me!!!

My build:
Asus X99-E-WS
Intel Core I7 5960X
64GB DDR4 G-skill 2800
Samsung M2 SM951
I'm able to boot with Clover...system definition 6.1......discrete geekbench score. The only issue is ThunderboltEXII card. I followed all the tricks in the various guide here on tonymac site (install drivers in windows, put the card etc.) but it doesn't recognize any device attached (hdds or display) both in windows and osx!
Here is a picture of my geekbench score:

Attachments

• IMG_3574.jpg
    IMG_3574.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 201
Can't open /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel: No such file or directory.

I copied and paste the flag boot kernels into terminal but when I type in my password, I get this in terminal?

MB: X99 Deluxe
CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K
MEMORY: x4 4GB DDR4 Balliatix
HDD: SSD 500GB SAMSUNG Evo
VIDEO:GTX970 4GB GDDR5

hello Guys what is current latest method to get some speedstep for CPU? I would like to lower the CPU consumption and not lock all CPUs to its nominal rate I need to lower temperature :) Is it the nullcpu kext only solution to get some or better way now?

My build:
Asus X99-E-WS
Intel Core I7 5960X
64GB DDR4 G-skill 2800
Samsung M2 SM951
I'm able to boot with Clover...system definition 6.1......
Here is a picture of my geekbench score:

I have basically the exact same system (X99-A, 5960X, 64 GB, SM951), is your score clocked or stock? Because I need to push it to 4 GHz to get something like that. Max so far is 35 000 @ 4.2.

I have basically the exact same system (X99-A, 5960X, 64 GB, SM951), is your score clocked or stock? Because I need to push it to 4 GHz to get something like that. Max so far is 35 000 @ 4.2.
Of course it's overclocked. At stock speed I've about 25000. This score is with moderate overclock done with AI3 because almost all x99 Asus mb have not a stable overclock.

I'm overclocking this way:

125 Mhz bus
12-33 ratio (which is about 4.1Ghz)
memory has to be on 1667 (instead of 2133) to be stable but you can experiment with mem clocking

score is 3800 in geekbench

I set up my conf with Mavericks 10.9.5....
Asus x99-E-WS, i7 5960x, 64gb ddr4 and as graphics card an ol Gt610.
I would like to install my Titanx but i know that TitanX is not supported in Mavericks.
Anyone tried with that GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back