Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some SSDTs for Haswell-E with Pike R Alpha's ssdtPRGen. Stock frequency and overclock versions (up to 5 GHz). Rename the correct one to SSDT.aml and put it in /Extra/ (Chimera) or EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched (Clover).

These probably won't help power management just yet, but anyway... Here they are.

BTW - I would recommend at least an overclock to the stock turbo boost frequency, since turbo boost doesn't work without power management so you would be stuck at the base clock otherwise... Should be fine without having to increase the voltage at all. That will bring the geekbench scores a bit too.

Do you have any idea at what frequency is the 5960x oc'ed at ? I don't know how to read that info in the .aml file

Have you tried disabling Speed step in bios? Because thats the only way to get your clock past stock if you don't want to change bclk ratio(as far as I know). I only changed cpu ratio when I overclocked to 4.5 and then disabled speed step for it to work without turbo mode.

Hope it helps.

Are you on clover or chameleon? With my deluxe, the clover can't recognize a multiplier higher than the base one (30).

X99-DELUXE with 5930K 8gX4 Kingston 2400mhz
GTX 760
M.2 Kingston Predetor 240

bios
XMP profile1 @4.3k got this score seem good
but never got the ThunderboltEX card working even on the Win8.1
I will get the GA-X99 UD4 and Thunderbolt card and give a try!!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 5.00.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 5.00.00 PM.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 205
Are you on clover or chameleon? With my deluxe, the clover can't recognize a multiplier higher than the base one (30).

you have to switch a TPU to the { II }
that is on the last pcie slot and right down the MB!!

Error Allocating 0x12691 Fixed
I used 2x680gtx
GAx99 gaming g1 wifi
When i boot clover uefi option come this error.
I fixed this error when I make usb Mac OS X extended then options MBR Now clover worked better.
Bios seting just default
a. Choose Disk Utility
b. Highlight your target hard drive for the Yosemite installation in left column.
c. Click Partition tab
d. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
e. Click Options...
f. Choose MBR Partition Table
g. Under Name: type Yosemite (You can rename it later)
h. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
i. Click Apply then Partition
j. Close Disk Utility
When installing clover don't chosen ESP

Attachments

• clover-10.png
    clover-10.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 183
Hmmm...good to know that it was in DM. I'm still having problems, but think I know why. The user guide doesn't say anything about which PCIe slot to use...but late last night, I stumbled across a post from Tonymac in the TB card testing thread: It needs to go in the slot furthest away from the CPU. I tried it in the 2 slots above that "bottom" slot. Stay tuned...and thanks!

Any luck with the TunderboltEX II? I got it working with a Z97 board and would like to use it in an X-99 build.

My first X-99 build is X99-UD4 and was able to get the Gigabyte GC-Thunderbolt 2 working in Windows but not OS X, so I was thinking about trying out a second build with an Asus board since I have some extra ThunderboltEx II cards laying around..

EDIT: Correction made in italics

Bump! I made a vital correction to my last post... I was never able to get the Gigabyte Thunderbolt card working in OS X..

Even though the card works in Windows, it only does so upon cold-bootup or hot-pluggin a TB device; the device will fail to show up once the computer is rebooted. I think that is a big clue as to why I can't get any TB devices to show up in OS X.

I've also tried many different configs in the BIOS.. but another clue is the lack of 'Wake on Thunderbolt' option.

Thoughts?

Bump! I made a vital correction to my last post... I was never able to get the Gigabyte Thunderbolt card working in OS X..

Even though the card works in Windows, it only does so upon cold-bootup or hot-pluggin a TB device; the device will fail to show up once the computer is rebooted. I think that is a big clue as to why I can't get any TB devices to show up in OS X.

I've also tried many different configs in the BIOS.. but another clue is the lack of 'Wake on Thunderbolt' option.

Thoughts?

For whatever reason, in my situation (ASUS X-99 Deluxe), the TB card never works in the slot it's supposed to (PCIe slot furthest away from the CPU). It only works in the "little" PCIe slot. Don't ask me why. But once I figured that one out, my TB card works like a champ. TB > FW adapter works, TB > Ethernet adapter works, TB hard drives work, etc.

For whatever reason, in my situation (ASUS X-99 Deluxe), the TB card never works in the slot it's supposed to (PCIe slot furthest away from the CPU). It only works in the "little" PCIe slot. Don't ask me why. But once I figured that one out, my TB card works like a champ. TB > FW adapter works, TB > Ethernet adapter works, TB hard drives work, etc.

Thanks for your feedback. I was successful in getting the rig put together. The Thunderbolt card ended up working in the third slot, which is the only full-sized PCIe 2.0 slot on the board (it wouldn't fit in the smaller slot). But, yes working like a champ in both OS X and Windows, so thanks again! :clap:

Now that I have a working build knocked out, I will go back to the Gigabyte and try one last time to get it working...

i can only boot into safemode nothing else works if i dont im using (-f npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 and -x)
first hackintosh im a noob please help

x99a
gtx 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back