Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Is the keyboard on a USB 2.0 port?

All of the ports on my motherboard ARE USB 3.0, but System Profiler displays everything running at USB 2.0, as expected. None of my devices are USB 3.0, so this isn't that huge to me. iStat Menus is reporting near perfect core distribution, even better than with the SSDT.

Please keep in mind that disabling XHCI is not a recommendation from me, it's just an interesting observation of extremely weird behavior. Like all of us, waiting Apple.... :rolleyes:

Please keep in mind that disabling XHCI is not a recommendation from me, it's just an interesting observation of extremely weird behavior. Like all of us, waiting Apple.... :rolleyes:

I'll keep testing over the weekend. Just between last night and this morning using my tower, I'd say that the Speed Stepping that's enabled my turning off XHCI is a great improvement. Hopefully, someone smarter than me can patch the AppleXHCI kext or something similar - to allow Speed Stepping AND USB 3. This is quite a step forward, but of course, waiting on Apple. :crazy::crazy:

Side question -

I'm hesitant to update my system from 10.10.1 to 10.10.2. Anything I should be aware of before I take the plunge? Also, any script or something that will reapply the patched kernel so I don't need to boot into an Install USB or something similar?

Not sure why you have all those DSDT fixes, doubtful that you need any of them... Might try installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and see if it improves your GB single core score.

Thanks for the tip. In the beginning I experimented a little bit with the settings since I'm new to clover but I could and should disable them. Will try NullCPUPowerManagement but at the moment I'm actually pretty happy with performance and system stability so I don't want to change too much

Back