Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Remember: Every time you run MultiBeast, it will over-write your org.chameleon.boot.plist file with a new version that will not have the edits you need. After you run MultiBeast, go make sure that your boot flags that you need are all in place.

Correct but what is odd is that I do not even have that file in there even before I run Multibeast. I have done the command to show hidden files and in my volumes extras folder, i see no boot file. What wierd is the entire things works. I have internet, my graphic card shows, it runs smooth, I just want to get the audio and other stuff like TRIM since it on a SSD but it needs this file. Multibeast creates the file but after it creates it, it wont boot. Am I missing something?

Correct but what is odd is that I do not even have that file in there even before I run Multibeast. I have done the command to show hidden files and in my volumes extras folder, i see no boot file. What wierd is the entire things works. I have internet, my graphic card shows, it runs smooth, I just want to get the audio and other stuff like TRIM since it on a SSD but it needs this file. Multibeast creates the file but after it creates it, it wont boot. Am I missing something?

The boot file is in the root, not in the /Extra folder. icon looks like a black square with CMD in the upper left corner.

Hey BoomR!

Maybe I should have asked for help in this thread instead of opening a new thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...10-10-1-will-only-work-nv_disable-1-flag.html

Maybe you could help me out? I basically have the same mb + cpu as you but cannot get past the booter if I don't use the nv_disable flag. I have tried so many things during the weekend but no matter what I try, Yosemite will never load with the nvda_drv flag. I have started from scratch every single time and no matter what I try, nvda_drv will never work for me post installation. Have you heard of anybody experiencing this issue? I do not deviate from the steps given by yourself, tonymac, bomerr and have even used your MultiBeast save given in a previous post, and have gotten to a point where I know the process by heart including the flags but still no dice. I even tried setting GraphicsEnabler=Yes according to a tonymac post titled "Do I need Graphics Injecter or not?". :crazy::crazy::crazy:

so your saying the org.chameleon.boot.plist file is in the root directory? Multibeast seems to create one in the extras folder. If I try to just add the audio drivers, it says in multibeast "extras/org.chameleon.boot.plist not found. Please create the file or have Mulitbeast do it for you". it could not find the org.chameleon.boot.plist in the extras folder. So I will go about Multibeast creating it and then reboot. Now it will not boot. . I am just clueless on why running multibeast causing my os that is running just fine and also boots just fine with the ncpi=0x2000 command now no longer boot. I just want to work on audio but in order to do that, i need this org.chameleon.boot.plist file. Once I add this org.chameleon.boot.plist file, it no longer boots even with my boot tags typed in.

When using Multibeast, whenever I try to select anything, I get a spinning wheel mouse cursor and can't do anything, but Force Quit says it is still responding, what is wrong with MultiBeast?

The multibeast spinning wheel is caused by booting in cpus=1, not booting with it solves the issue.

Now I have a problem where I get this message after the Multibeast setup, after restarting after theMultibeast setup, I get this, no matter what boot flags I use:

Mac Screen Shot 2014-12-15 10-52-54.png

Hi guys
Need help with first install hackintosh, I did everything in this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx_RD7CduDM
The system is successfully installed, but does not start after installation, just a white background with an apple
Please provide details shall describe the installation process, I spent 2 days trying to install, all to no avail
I myself am Russian, you can communicate via google translate
My Specs: 5820k, evga x99 micro, 2x4gb crucial ddr4, gtx 660 ti 2gb reference, wd black 500gb, logitech k310,g500s(all usb)
I hope very much for your help, I want to try OS X:thumbup:

Hi guys
Need help with first install hackintosh, I did everything in this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx_RD7CduDM

...but did you try everything that was in the original post for this thread, as well as read the entire thread to get additional tips & hints on a successful build??? If not, then please go back and start from the beginning & read. Note that in the ZIP file linked to on the YouTube video uses an old outdated kernel patching methodology that has been updated here online.

Be advised that you will have better luck getting help if you follow the instructions HERE on tonymacx86.com and then ask for assistance. Watching some other video on another site, then begging for help here when you can't get it working is poor form & probably won't get you anywhere. FWIW...

I have everything installed that I need, but NVidia don't seem to have ANYTHING for the GTX 980, I also have no audio, despite installing the required kexts in Multibeast, ontop of this I have no internet, but this I can live without for now, I just want to get rid of the flickering, I have to boot with nv_disable=1 until I can get a graphics driver.

Back