Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Another successful installation here :headbang:

- Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 with the latest F9e bios
- i7-5820
- Nvidia GTX 970
- Clover
- SMBIOS from iMac 13,1

The worst part was actually audio, I solved it with Voodo kext but I will try HDAEnabler latter today.

iMessage is working as well with the help of Apple support and fix iMessage thread :thumbup: on general help sub forum.

I though have problem with graphics, it keeps switching back to system driver after every reboot so there I'm not yet done, as well as system info is showing unknown cpu and unknown graphic card with 0 MB.

Any advices?

Tnx

Could I use a GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked GPU with this same motherboard and CPU set up?
[h=1][/h]

Hi guys, I'm about to build an X99 system for the full version of Davinci Resolve 11 and Nuke Studio, and want to know if it is likely to work before banging my head against the wall to learn all this stuff.

I have a Gigabyte UD4 X99 board
64GB Crucial RAM
4GB GTX 970
5930K Processor (also have a 5820K on the shelf)
1000W Seasonic power supply

I need the RAID to work for at least 4 drives, and will be running a pair of Samsung EVO 1TB SSDs and an Intel 520 series drive as the boot drive.
Audio would be nice, but I'm happy to use an external card.
Thunderbolt would also be nice, but is not crucial.

Will this system work and be reliable? I will have a turdload to learn to get it all running, I'm sure, but want to know if I am making it harder for myself with these hardware choices, or whether I should be okay.
If anyone has any pointers as to a guide to follow, or any traps to avoid, I'd really appreciate it too.
Thanks everyone here for all the info, you are amazing!

I need the RAID to work for at least 4 drives, and will be running a pair of Samsung EVO 1TB SSDs and an Intel 520 series drive as the boot drive.
Audio would be nice, but I'm happy to use an external card.
Thunderbolt would also be nice, but is not crucial.

I have the OS X software RAID running (RAID 0). This works without problems. But I don't know about using the "fake RAID" controller on my X99 as I use SATA in the AHCI mode.

Thanks, that is good to know, are you running the same motherboard?

Thanks, that is good to know, are you running the same motherboard?

No, I'm using an Asus X99-S, but the primary SATA controller is the Intel X99 chipset on both boards.

Hey im joining the battle. Been working on my Hackintosh for past week. My first Hackintosh attempt.

My spec
Asus x99-S (latest Bios version)
16gb 2666 Ripjaws
SSD 128gb Kingston Hyper X
Asus GTX 770

Makalu , I have a same MB as you...Can you tell me if you disabled "Secure Boot" is i cant seam to have an option is it's greyed out.

Update: System is fully setup and working. OC'd to 4.6GHz with Liquid Cooling. I solved the audio problem by purchasing one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004275EO4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Works perfectly plug and play.

How do you go about overclocking? I would like to do the same, for faster rendering of video. Is a any useful guide for overclocking?
Overclocking on a Hack should be exactly the same as if the machine was running Windows. Plenty of guides on the internet for beginners.

Greetings all,

I need some help getting my new Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 system running. I just got the board with an Intel 5960x CPU and 32G RAM. I followed the instructions from this guide to a "T" and am still getting stuck on the "PCI Configuration Begins" prompt. Here is what I have done:

* Created new Yosemite installer via Unibeast
* Added the VoodooTSCSync.kext kernel extension to <USB>/Extra/Extensions
* Modified the <USB>/System/Library/Kernel/kernel file per the instructions on page 1 (i.e.: perl ....)
* Booted using "npci=0x2000 -f -v" from the installer
* Successfully installed Yosemite on a 256G SSD
* Rebooted from installer USB
--> Opened a terminal window
--> Copied the modified kernel to <SSD>/System/Library/Kernel/kernel
--> Copied <USB>/Extras/Extension/VoodooTSCSync.kext to <SSD>/System/Library/Extensions
--> Removed the old cache files from <SSD>/System/Library/Caches/com*
--> Rebooted system

However, when I reboot using the Multibeast USB drive and select the <SSD> drive as the boot drive, I keep getting stuck on "PCI Configuration Begins". The keyboard LED light does not come on which tells me the entire system is frozen (no LED on the caps lock key).

Can someone give me a clue as to debugging this? Seems odd I can boot from the USB key and do the install but the system locks up booting from the installed OS. Are there other kernel extensions I need to add to the new <SSD>/System/Library/Extensions directory?

Many thanks in advance!

Greetings all,

I need some help getting my new Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 system running. I just got the board with an Intel 5960x CPU and 32G RAM. I followed the instructions from this guide to a "T" and am still getting stuck on the "PCI Configuration Begins" prompt. Here is what I have done:

* Created new Yosemite installer via Unibeast
* Added the VoodooTSCSync.kext kernel extension to <USB>/Extra/Extensions
* Modified the <USB>/System/Library/Kernel/kernel file per the instructions on page 1 (i.e.: perl ....)
* Booted using "npci=0x2000 -f -v" from the installer
* Successfully installed Yosemite on a 256G SSD
* Rebooted from installer USB
--> Opened a terminal window
--> Copied the modified kernel to <SSD>/System/Library/Kernel/kernel
--> Copied <USB>/Extras/Extension/VoodooTSCSync.kext to <SSD>/System/Library/Extensions
--> Removed the old cache files from <SSD>/System/Library/Caches/com*
--> Rebooted system

However, when I reboot using the Multibeast USB drive and select the <SSD> drive as the boot drive, I keep getting stuck on "PCI Configuration Begins". The keyboard LED light does not come on which tells me the entire system is frozen (no LED on the caps lock key).

Can someone give me a clue as to debugging this? Seems odd I can boot from the USB key and do the install but the system locks up booting from the installed OS. Are there other kernel extensions I need to add to the new <SSD>/System/Library/Extensions directory?

Many thanks in advance!

Where in the instructions from the original post are you seeing a step that tells you to copy the VooDooTSCSync kext from the USB key to your new install? I think you are doing an unnecessary step, as this is one of the MultiBeast options that you select.

Also, you never mention what kind of video card you are using. NVIDIA? I believe the place you are getting stuck is where the GPU gets activated. You may need to also add bootflag: nv_disable=1 until you can get your build running to install video drivers.

Thanks for the reply. I first tried without adding the Voodoo kext to the <SSD>/S/L/E directory but that did not work. Thinking I needed to add it, I then tried putting the kext to the <SSD>/S/L/E directory, but that did not work either. I also saw a post about removing all extensions from the /Extras/Extension folder and adding only the Voodoo extension.

As for the GPU, I am using an older ATI card (HD 3650 I think). This card worked very well on my older X9DAi system running Yosemite, so I didn't think it would be an issue here. I don't have any nVidia cards - just ATI cards. Ultimately, I need to get Clover working so I can use my dual 290x cards in this system.

Appreciate the reply, and thanks for anymore pointers!

Back