Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

Ok, will try with that bios version. Only flags that I had were -v to see what's happening, kext-dev-mode, nvda_drv and npci=0x2000

How does your ACPI settings looks like regarding DSDT and SSDT?

Can you put screenshot of it?

Tnx for your help on this thread Bomerr, I installed mine by following your instructions :)
thanks.

acpi1.pngacpi2.png

When I first installed OS X I had random login in / boot issues and thought it had to do with clover settings but i couldn't fix it. I installed OS X on a test volume [hdd] and decided to put it on the ssd so i wouldn't have to spend 5 minutes waiting for it to boot. Low and behold it worked perfectly after that so apparently all my issues were caused by a faulty hard drive.

Someone else jump in here & correct me if I'm wrong, but VT-d typically causes problems down the line, so most of the build instructions & guides will tell you to disable this in the UEFI/BIOS. So it might be pretty difficult to find someone to help you to get this working....

I read it is working for some. Doesn't for me, so I wonder if there's way to have it enabled with X99 Asus board and that maybe someone got lucky.

E.

Reversible test-You could enable Vt-d in the BIOS, at the Chimera boot screen use the boot flag dart=0. Just a suggestion and worth a try. If it works as planned, add it to the kernel flags.

Thanks for suggestion. I read in some older thread that it just disables VT-d CPU feature, so should do pretty much the same as disabling it in bios. I looked at what dart flag does, and here http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Org.chameleon.Boot.plist it is described as

dart=0 | 1
Enables or disables extended memory mapping [Default 0]

I guess I will have to check how VT-d and extended memory mapping relates. I should also look into what VT-d actually provides and how to relates to the other virtualisation feature called VT-x (IIRC).

E.

thanks.

View attachment 113234View attachment 113235

When I first installed OS X I had random login in / boot issues and thought it had to do with clover settings but i couldn't fix it. I installed OS X on a test volume [hdd] and decided to put it on the ssd so i wouldn't have to spend 5 minutes waiting for it to boot. Low and behold it worked perfectly after that so apparently all my issues were caused by a faulty hard drive.

Tnx a lot for your help.

Now I got it to boot, I don't know how or why, but somehow npci=0x2000 was not enabled, and I was 100% sure that I put it on.

So system boots, and I can use XMP profile 1 with the latest bios.

Now the only problem that I have is audio of course.

I tried all solutions, but I can't get audio device to show.

The first part I got working properly, both with clover scripts and SSDT.aml.

In ioreg I have HDEF@1B showing layout-id <01 00 00 00> so that part works, but the second part is not working.

I tried both methods but none of them working, nor returns any error.

I tried with files from your post but it's still not working. Don't know what am I doing wrong.

Can you explain your process?

• HDAenabler.kext used
    • ​how, by moving it to S/L/E or to Clover kexts or in some other way, I thought that I read somewhere that it's not to be used for Clover
  • AppleHDA.kext "pre script" installed into S/L/E
    • ​I did this
  • audio_realtekALC-90_v2.0.4 script used
    • ​did this as well and rebooted
  • AppleHDA.kext "post script" currently working
    • after reboot copied this one to S/L/E and rebooted again
  • Permissions were repaired and cache was rebuilt
    • did this as well and rebooted once again
  • SSDT.aml included as well
    • ​copied to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched
  • Clover Config:
    • NO INJECT ID
      • ​what do you mean here, that audio inject part in clover shoud be none?
    • NewWay fixes DISABLED [NEWWAY BREAKS AUDIO]
      • did this as well, by your previous post, everything disabled except Fix_HPET in old way

Please ignore me. Audio problem is solved now.

I read again everything you wrote and did complete procedure one more time with your files and comparing your config.plist.

My audio is working now.

Thank you very much

Please ignore me. Audio problem is solved now.

I read again everything you wrote and did complete procedure one more time with your files and comparing your config.plist.

My audio is working now.

Thank you very much
I deleted those files and rewrote the post so if you need to get audio working in the future follow these steps instead.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...orary-guide-os-x-10-10-0-a-23.html#post909673

I deleted those files and rewrote the post so if you need to get audio working in the future follow these steps instead.
If the x99 ssdt is installed, do not install HDAEnabler.kext.
If no x99 ssdt, install HDAEnabler1.kext.

Thanks for suggestion. I read in some older thread that it just disables VT-d CPU feature, so should do pretty much the same as disabling it in bios. I looked at what dart flag does, and here http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Org.chameleon.Boot.plist it is described as

dart=0 | 1
Enables or disables extended memory mapping [Default 0]

I guess I will have to check how VT-d and extended memory mapping relates. I should also look into what VT-d actually provides and how to relates to the other virtualisation feature called VT-x (IIRC).

So I am now using VT-x and virtualbox is happy and fast with that. I tried it before, but didn't realise that I have to enable the VT-x acceleration in virtual machine settings again. Looks like VT-d might speed-up few things (direct access to DMA and IO if I understand it correctly), but for usable virtualbox VT-x is enough - at least for my current needs.

E.

So I am now using VT-x and virtualbox is happy and fast with that. I tried it before, but didn't realise that I have to enable the VT-x acceleration in virtual machine settings again. Looks like VT-d might speed-up few things (direct access to DMA and IO if I understand it correctly), but for usable virtualbox VT-x is enough - at least for my current needs.

E.

I will try Virtualbox tonight, but the problem that I had on previous tests, because I'm using Genymotion which uses Virtualbox for simulating of Android devices is that it was really slow and sluggish. On i3 iMac it's flying as well as on my machine under Windows, but not on Hackintosh.

I will try to investigate it more to see where is the problem.

Also I noticed that I have a problem with CUDA driver not being able to show itself correctly, it reports that the version is outdated although there is no newer one. When I boot with Uniboot (or some Clover settings that I forgot) then it's working properly and not complaining at all.

Back