Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

No, I double checked and one can enable it while overclocking. I tried disabling it and my graphics disintegrated (intermittent snow and lines).

I used the old version. If you examine the package contents, the plug-ins folder is empty.

It's an ethernet driver that gets installed in /Extra/Extensions.

Not sure what you mean but I'm attaching two screenshots. Once you select XMP, the remaining information is auto-populated, i.e. you don't need to provide it.
Strange, in my case i don't have XMP.
this is my settings for cpumanagement. if not my cpu is stuck at 3ghz. with my settings the cpu move well between 1.20 (idle) until 4.3ghz .
So...

FullSizeRender 2.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

2nd step, did you used clover? i'm try to understand how you had activated imessage... :)

No, I double checked and one can enable it while overclocking. I tried disabling it and my graphics disintegrated (intermittent snow and lines).

I used the old version. If you examine the package contents, the plug-ins folder is empty.

It's an ethernet driver that gets installed in /Extra/Extensions.

Not sure what you mean but I'm attaching two screenshots. Once you select XMP, the remaining information is auto-populated, i.e. you don't need to provide it.
125 base clock!!!! O_O

Is that safe?

Strange, in my case i don't have XMP.
this is my settings for cpumanagement. if not my cpu is stuck at 3ghz. with my settings the cpu move well between 1.20 (idle) until 4.3ghz .
So...

Have you enabled EZ_XMP on the mobo?

2nd step, did you used clover? i'm try to understand how you had activated imessage... :)

iMessage is on my to do list. I'll try, eventually, with Clover.

125 base clock!!!! O_O

Is that safe?

To be honest, I stumbled into this, so maybe not. On the other hand, It was generated by Asus' firmware rather than me, so I'm trusting it. The cpu is water-cooled, if that helps.

Should I be concerned?

Have you enabled EZ_XMP on the mobo?

iMessage is on my to do list. I'll try, eventually, with Clover.

i did CMOS then switched enable XMP button on the motherboard, but always not the XMP position.
maybe cause we have a different cpu (5960x).

Bios: 1004

Mobo

TPU: “TPU_II: CPU BCLK and Ratio Boost"
EZ_XMP: enabled
SLI/XFire: set for 2 Crossfire cards
EPU: disabled
Over-voltage jumper: untouched

Helps very much! And sorry if this is stupid question, but just to confirm, the settings above are for the physical/hardware switches on the motherboard...yes?

THANKS AGAIN!!
--B

Helps very much! And sorry if this is stupid question, but just to confirm, the settings above are for the physical/hardware switches on the motherboard...yes?

THANKS AGAIN!!
--B

Yes, they're for the motherboard and there's no such thing as a stupid question. I had to start over from scratch yesterday when I could no longer boot. I was losing it and, in the end, found that not only was the Crossfire switch not enabled but the cards were shifted over by one slot. They had been that way (working) for a long time. After I fixed that and did a CMOS reset, my boot time improved drastically. That only cost me a day. :)

Yes, they're for the motherboard and there's no such thing as a stupid question. I had to start over from scratch yesterday when I could no longer boot. I was losing it and, in the end, found that not only was the Crossfire switch not enabled but the cards were shifted over by one slot. They had been that way (working) for a long time. After I fixed that and did a CMOS reset, my boot time improved drastically. That only cost me a day. :)

Sorry to hear about your crossfire issues, but glad you got it all sorted out. I'm definitely going to try those hardware switch settings... My GB scores are pretty good, but not as good as yours... and I think with my hardware, I should be right up there with you. I have X99-Deluxe, 5930K, G.Skill DDR4 PC4-21300/CL15 (I think my DDR is maybe a touch faster than yours?), the new Samsung 950 Pro SSD for my boot drive, and EVGA GTX 970.

i did CMOS then switched enable XMP button on the motherboard, but always not the XMP position.
maybe cause we have a different cpu (5960x).

Bios: 1004

I'm not sure it matters, but I might have changed the physical switch first and then done the CMOS reset.

The other thing that I've noticed (and I could be doing something wrong) is that I have to change certain motherboard settings in two steps. If I delete the PK Keys to disable Secure Boot, select Other OS and then Save and Reset, when I reenter the BIOS, I'll find that I've only succeeded in disabling Secure Boot. Somehow the Other OS setting didn't stick. So I then repeat the process and it's ok. So, in general, double check that your settings have stuck.

Holy cats... !!!

Attachments

• MacPhoto's Settings.png
    MacPhoto's Settings.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 200
Back