Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

Needs more overclock!!!!

I can get 4500 if I overclock baseclock to 120 and use 35 ration (so the target is 4500ghz) but when I load all 6 cores the system is instable and reboots so I decided to leave it on auto because I do not need the extra 500Mhz. 4Ghz is just ok.

I can get 4500 if I overclock baseclock to 120 and use 35 ration (so the target is 4500ghz) but when I load all 6 cores the system is instable and reboots so I decided to leave it on auto because I do not need the extra 500Mhz. 4Ghz is just ok.

seems like you got a dud; thats a really weak OC.

I keep the base clock at 100 and use a 45 multiplier to hit 4.5ghz stable @ 1.3v. I can also do 4.6 ghz but its not stable @ 1.3v

seems like you got a dud; thats a really weak OC.

I keep the base clock at 100 and use a 45 multiplier to hit 4.5ghz stable @ 1.3v. I can also do 4.6 ghz but its not stable @ 1.3v

even if I use 100 baseclock and 45 ratio the system is not stable when doing 30 minutes video coding on full 6 cores. I do not know if it is thermal issue though. But the fact is that I did not adjusted the voltage and I keep it on "AUTO". I will try to overclock the core voltage. Btw do you have water cooling?

have you tried to keep running some process using all 6 cores for at least 20 minutes without issues?

even if I use 100 baseclock and 45 ratio the system is not stable when doing 30 minutes video coding on full 6 cores. I do not know if it is thermal issue though. But the fact is that I did not adjusted the voltage and I keep it on "AUTO". I will try to overclock the core voltage. Btw do you have water cooling?

have you tried to keep running some process using all 6 cores for at least 20 minutes without issues?
Have you tried 4.4 Ghz OC? Sounds like 4.5 is just barely failing for you.

I only tested it under full load for about 10 minutes.

I also tried 4.3 but it was still unstable when encoding (specifically long video with HEVC) it usually crashed after 20minutes. You can tell you have stable system if you load all cores for at least 1 hour (this is from what I saw as a recommended method to test). I'm suspicios if my cooling is enough to handle it (I have tower air cooler). If you overclock to this it is recommended to have water cooling so thats what I think might be reason why it crashes after 20minutes for me.

Alright, folks. Just updated to the F9e BIOS. I'm hoping this fixes my Clover issues. Does anyone know which improvements were made in these BIOS?

What are your UEFI BIOS settings to get your overclock speed? I have same mobo & processor. Also curious as to how you got your ATI Radeon R9 280x cards working....THANKS!

Hi BoomR, I'm working on the boot issue and will write everything up in a day or so.

A - Yes the SSD with OS X should be GUID

B- Clover settings are
*Install for UEFI
*Install Clover in ESP
*Your theme choice or none at all
*Drivers:
OSXApitoFixDRV
ParitionDxe
*Install RC scripts on target volume
*preference panel

C - just use this config file. As long as you have the nvidia web drivers installed it'll work or you can remove that flag. You will need to add a new SmUUID and Custom UUID (type uuidgen in terminal), along with a new serial number and board serial number to get iMessage working

D- Mount the EFI partition using Clover Configurator. put your kext here EFi/Clover/kexts/10.10 . For reference this is what I am using. Add the SSDT.aml in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

E. You only change the settings in the config.plist inside the efi/clover folder

Also make sure you are on beta bios F9e

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it a lot.

However it unfortunately did not work for me. I followed everything, also bios update, but I wasn't able to boot that way. (Maybe I needed a fresh re-install after multiple attempts?) Then I tried it with a different tutorial (probably I may not name the website here) and it worked, however LAN (on UD4) does not work with Clover. I contacted the guy from that website and he said that will not debug.
While booting with a UniBeast USB stick (and only then), LAN works perfectly! It seems that AppleIntelE1000e has a problem on my clover setup:
AppleIntelE1000e(Err): The NVM Checksum Is Not Valid

Any idea if it can be fixed? Do you have LAN working on your UD4 with Clover?
Also any suggestions for a working Bluetooth / WLAN card?

Thanks again!

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it a lot.

However it unfortunately did not work for me. I followed everything, also bios update, but I wasn't able to boot that way. (Maybe I needed a fresh re-install after multiple attempts?) Then I tried it with a different tutorial (probably I may not name the website here) and it worked, however LAN (on UD4) does not work with Clover. I contacted the guy from that website and he said that will not debug.
While booting with a UniBeast USB stick (and only then), LAN works perfectly! It seems that AppleIntelE1000e has a problem on my clover setup:
AppleIntelE1000e(Err): The NVM Checksum Is Not Valid

Any idea if it can be fixed? Do you have LAN working on your UD4 with Clover?
Also any suggestions for a working Bluetooth / WLAN card?

Thanks again!
I only have a few issues like my mouse not coming out of sleep mode sometimes and native power management support obviously. All the important stuff works tho: iMessage, GTX 980, cpu cores, AUDIO!!!, gigabit ethernet.

Use both AppleIntelE1000e.kext and AppleGB.kext

Search my posts in this thread, I have a really detailed guide on the steps I took.

Wipe the hard drive and restart from scratch. I reformatted a good half dozen times.

Load optimized defaults in the bios and disable VT-d just in case (although it works fine on my computer)

For bluetooth and Wifi you should buy this.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Broa...-g-n-Wireless-Card-with-BT4-0/2054147349.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...-bcm94360cd-pcie-adapter-mallaid-toabaco.html

It uses the same chip that Apple uses so 100% native support without having to add any extensions.

Back