Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

Hello, what is your build, motherboard, cpu, etc.

Many thanks!

Thank you very much, following your steps i have achieved a perfect Mackintosh install. I have installed the last VodooHDA v 287, and after reboot i havee chosen the Green rear output in the sound panel, not in Vodoohda panel, and it sounds great.

Also the internet goes lightning fast, the GPU works perfect in resolve and fcpx, and all the things.

Thankkkkss for the help ;))

Hello, what build do you have? Want to build a workstation to run resolve and premiere.

Many thanks!

I have the same exact problem on my asus x99 - I just could not go beyond ratio 33 so no turbo boost or overclocking so I had to disable speedstep but the CPU was stucked on one frequency but when I used the nullcpu power management I get the best result in CPU benchmark and also I feel the bios is doing some powermanagement on its own pretending to the OS that it runs on one frequncy which is not. So I stop care about native powermanagement and just used the NUll cpu management and no speedstep in bios.

p.s.: how do you measure the consumption of the system? how you read it from the OS?

> > Originally Posted by lokicat
> > Did you rename the file to just SSDT.aml?

> Forgot to mention that. That's crucial too.

Yes, I did. The Clover boot loader even loads it.

4:226 0:005 ========= Auto patch DSDT Finished ========
4:231 0:005 Drop tables from Xsdt, SIGN=SSDT TableID= Length=0
4:236 0:005 Xsdt has tables count=16
4:242 0:005 Table: SSDT PmMgt 54793 dropped
4:247 0:005 corrected XSDT length=156
4:252 0:005 Inserting SSDT.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
4:264 0:012 CPUBase=0 and ApicCPUBase=0 ApicCPUNum=12
4:270 0:005 EdidDiscovered size=0

I also tried to prepare my own SSDT.aml with the ssdtPRGen.sh script.

One thing which might be different on my system is that because of overclocked DDR4, I use 125Mhz BCLK. I tried to modify ssdtPRGen.sh script to work with 125Mhz base frequency, but it still didn't help.

Another thing I noticed, when I use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, I am at idle running at about 150W power consumption for whole system. Without it I am all the time above 200W.

E.

I have the same exact problem on my asus x99 - I just could not go beyond ratio 33 so no turbo boost or overclocking so I had to disable speedstep but the CPU was stucked on one frequency but when I used the nullcpu power management I get the best result in CPU benchmark and also I feel the bios is doing some powermanagement on its own pretending to the OS that it runs on one frequncy which is not. So I stop care about native powermanagement and just used the NUll cpu management and no speedstep in bios.

I have to dualboot to windows, so that would not work for me. good to know though. I wonder how the NullCPUPowerManagement works

p.s.: how do you measure the consumption of the system? how you read it from the OS?

I just use external meter, similar to this one http://www.ecvv.com/product/1000019919.html
I guess it is precise enough for that kind of informative metering.

E.

I tried to use different SMBios settings (with systems supporting haswell CPU's), but was still stuck at 35 multiplier with no power management.

In the end I just changed the BCLK to 130Mhz so that I get 4550Mhz with 35 multiplier and use NullCPUPowerManagement.

I wonder though if there's anyone with working native power management and Haswell-E CPU or if it will need some changes to power management kext's.

E.

In one configuration I get native power management which showed me that the cpu has several pstates and intel gadget showed 1.2Ghz but only up to 33 multiplier which is 3.3Ghz on my CPU so no turbo boost and only 3000 mark in cpu bechmark.

The system cannot detect my codec. I got no codec detected error. However, VoodooHDA can detect my codec and get my audio working.
Audio is now working the AppleHDA.

Audio is now working the AppleHDA.

What are the details, what do you need to set? Does it work better than VoodooHDA?

On a side note - any support for the X99 platform in the HWMonitor department for FakeSMC plugins?

It seems that every time an update is made to the original post, the post characters kill the kernel commands backslashes... Took a while and a few edits to figure that one out. Thanks to BoomR for some testing and stuff. Apologies for anyone who got the wrong kernel patch info- it really was unintentional.

Anyhow- some news to report regarding Gigabyte X99 SOC-Force. One additional setting is necessary in order to prevent a bluetooth/usb/IO kernel panic in the boot process.

In the BIOS there is a Peripherals > Super IO Configuration > Serial Port 1 > Enabled/Disabled

Set this to Disabled

Hope this helps.

Back