Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

Gigabyte x99 UD4
I7-5820K
GTX 970

working well

some problem

ethernet problem...

i use synology NAS over gigabit network...

file download speed about 90MB/s... no problem...
but
file upload speed about 1.5MB/s so terrible..(upload file to internet 1.5MB/s)
in windows down 90MB/s up 80MB/s

how to fix....it

This should fix it for you.

I tried to reach tony via PM but I cannot still send PM messages. Someone with contacts to tony should tell him to fix those drivers. For me it was 4 hours of headaches. The driver is also not fixed on sourceforge and not sure if in the latest multibeast 7 it is fixed.

I tried to reach tony via PM but I cannot still send PM messages. Someone with contacts to tony should tell him to fix those drivers. For me it was 4 hours of headaches. The driver is also not fixed on sourceforge and not sure if in the latest multibeast 7 it is fixed.

It's probably best to contact the developer directly that way it is fixed on sourceforge as well.

hi guys, i tried this method patching kernel and moving 6/8 core kext into extentions, but i can't reach installation screen. well i can reach blank screen but the mouse icon is that hateful colorful ball that spins and never stop. i can move the mouse but nothing happens it charges and charges... any suggestion?
i7 5820k - MSI X99S SLI PLUS - Nvidia GTX 780

hi guys, i tried this method patching kernel and moving 6/8 core kext into extentions, but i can't reach installation screen. well i can reach blank screen but the mouse icon is that hateful colorful ball that spins and never stop. i can move the mouse but nothing happens it charges and charges... any suggestion?
i7 5820k - MSI X99S SLI PLUS - Nvidia GTX 780

how long did you wait?

[SUP]fair enough. I had problem that the gray blank screen was stucked about 5 minutes so I had just to wait. 2 hours are bad. [/SUP]

I have a fully working system as well, hardware as follows:

Gigabyte X99-UD4
5930X
GTX660 (for GUI)
GTX780 (for processing)
16GB RAM

Using as a video editing station (DaVinci Resolve 11.1 and FCPX).

Everything works great, DaVinci is lightning fast and unless I have really complex correction nodes, speed remains at realtime (25fps). FCPX is also stable, edited a 5min video last night with no hangups, crashes or anything.

Have the following issues:

1) I can verify the power management comments by lokicat. I see exactly the same behaviour
2) Sound not working, but since i use a professional grade USB sound adapter, it is not an issue.
3) Ethernet works, but only at 100Mbps. I cannot get 1000Mbps to work. Anyone with a similar problem?

Hello,

Great to hear that you have a working system! I'm thinking of getting the same hardware. Are you able to boot without the USB install? I want to build a similar system for Premiere Pro and Avid Media Composer.

Many thanks! Miro

I've got:

Asus X99-S
Intel 5960x
Gigabyte 980GTX

Booting the USB with Unibeast on got me stuck on PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN.

So I used another computer to install Yosemite and Nvidia Web Drivers.

Still get stuck on PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN when booting this completed install...

The install is fine. I can boot it on a Gigabyte z68 with GTX 670. But not in my Haswell-E build.

I've tried resetting bios, using with/without the Voodoo patch kext for 8core, npci=0x2000, nvda_drv=1, etc...

Always PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN.

Any ideas?

Booting the USB with Unibeast on got me stuck on PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN. -> did you try to put in boot option parameters npci=0x2000 ? or also cpus=1 ? and did you do : into the installer you need to patch the mach_kernel file to be able to boot on your X99 and Haswell-E processor. Run terminal and run those two commands which assumes that your installer USB is mounted into /Volumes/USB (this is for Maverick 10.9.5 installation)

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

Back