Can you help me for optimize clover?
Smbios Mac Pro 6,1 or 3,1 or iMac 14,2

sorry for my bad english
thanks

Now only Yosemite.
clover
U can find a lot of confiп.plist on forum

I use iMac 14,2

Dumb question(NOOOOB). I'm just finished building my Hack.

x99 UD3
5960x
32 GB Gskill
Palit GTX 750
BE QUIET everything else. BTW. Cant recommened their stuff enough. Whisper quiet!

OK. This computer is for audio work. When a stable El Captain is available can I just update and keep all my files etc? I have a very specific setup.

Can I make a backup drive where if something funks up I can just go to the backup?

I was given a Mavericks old Macbook(white). Will this work to create the Clover drive?

Thanks VERY much for any help. This new world is scary :eek:

jkervin did you try using cpus=1 and using the right VoodooTSCSync for your CPU?

My question: Does VoodooTSCSync theoretically also support 10 / 12 / 14-core CPU's? I'm looking into buying a 12-core, and have good experiences with 6 / 8-core Haswell-E.

Someone let me know, please :)

I did try that, but only a couple of times. Mostly I'm using boot arguments npc=0x2000 -f and -v. My motherboard is an Asrock X99 WS and my processor is an Intel 6 Core Xenon. A buddy of mine found a thread here that has some other options that I'm going to try. I'll report back on any progress that I make.

Anyone experience slow shutdown/restart time? Any tips? Thanks :)

I must bid adieu. My system is up on 10.11.1 and I have deleted my backup copy of 10.10.5. Hope to see more of you in El Capitan!

EDIT 2015: Haswell-E support can be easily patched in Clover using config.plist. This site recommends Clover for X99/Haswell-E configurations.

I thkn there is a gap in the Unibeast installation techinque and the Clover way TonyMac is recommending. Can anyone clearify a little? I'm getting stuck in a boot loop after creating the clover installer.

Do you think I can follow and use these installation procedures with this X99 build?...

-Thanks in Advance.

==================

X99 Build

Intel-Xeon (E5-2670 v3 ) Haswell-E ( 12-core, 24 threads ) ( LGA 2011 ) ( 2.2 - 3.0ghz )

MotherBoard = Gigabyte LGA2011-3 Intel X99 SLI ATX DDR4 3000 Motherboard GA-X99-SLI - GA-X99-UD4

Memory - 64gb of DDR4 2133 MHz memory modules

Drives:
(2) Samsung SM951 265gb. PCIe SSD's in Raid 10

Graphics:
(2) AMD Saphire 290x's in SLI config.

All I know is that I spent days trying to get a xeon working in my rock solid x79 board. For the x99 I went with the 5960x. It may seem like a couple tweaks and you're home with that setup, but unless you don't mind going solo and figuring out the custom kernel stuff I'd stay away from xeon in hackintoshes.

Just my 2 cents. I'd love to know if you get it working though. You should check out the 2696 v3 on eBay and geekbench scores, if you do go xeon. Was never officially released by Intel but it benchmarks close to the 2699 v3 for around 1500 bucks. 18 cores!!!

Good luck

Back