Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

My score on my same xeon and asus X99-A I have 3800 score but I have overclocked it a bit. But this score is too low. Have you tried to reset the bios to its default values? Or maybe also did you checked termal sensors if there is everything ok and not too high temperatures which would throttle down cpus?

in tonymac multibeast is hwmonitor tool which can do this.

Unsure if a "Temporary Guide" for X99 10.11 is coming soon, but I am up and running on El Capitan. Audio is funky (as usual) but I have an old 10.9.5 pre-patched kext that someone posted a long while ago that still works fine for me. I'm using Clover r3270 and ran an in place upgrade to El Capitan. Again, I had to enable XHCI handoff to get booted into the system, so my Geekbench is once again suffering.

Going to play around with that XHCI issue this morning.

Did you have to patch the kernel? Did you have to apply anything from multibeast again to get proper boot?

Did you have to patch the kernel? Did you have to apply anything from multibeast again to get proper boot?

I did not. I followed Tony's upgrade guide (link on main page) and it went very well. As I stated before, I had to re-enable XHCI handoff in the BIOS to be able to boot up the El Cap installer. I believe that some of the FakeSMC plugins need to be updated, I don't have core temps displaying in iStat Menus anymore, but CPU usage as well as GPU usage are still OK.

I've only been using the system for a few hours now, I'm sure there are many more optimizations to be made.

Hello everyone!

I am (well...kinda "was") a proud owner of a hackintosh for about 10 days now.
I got the Audio on my system working using the VoodooHDA 2.8.7.kext (with MultiBeast).

I just got a new Midi Controller - a Novation Impulse 49 - today. After I installed the driver for the thingy to work in Logic Pro I had to restart my system (because the installer asked for this) and when I logged back into OS X my audio stopped working. There are no options in the sound panel (in system prefs) anymore and when I open the VoodooHDA setting (also in system prefs) it says that no VoodooHDA devices could be detected.

Did anybody had a similar problem?! Does anybody might know a workaround?

Such a shame! EVERYTHING so far was working so nicely!

Hope that someone might be able to help me! I would really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Amadeus

I did not. I followed Tony's upgrade guide (link on main page) and it went very well. As I stated before, I had to re-enable XHCI handoff in the BIOS to be able to boot up the El Cap installer. I believe that some of the FakeSMC plugins need to be updated, I don't have core temps displaying in iStat Menus anymore, but CPU usage as well as GPU usage are still OK.

I've only been using the system for a few hours now, I'm sure there are many more optimizations to be made.

If it is as simple as following Tony's Upgrade Guide for El Capitan then I really have to try this and soon. I thought it would require the same patching as before. I'm looking forward to trying this out now (after making sure I have proper backups in place).

Hello everyone!

I am (well...kinda "was") a proud owner of a hackintosh for about 10 days now.
I got the Audio on my system working using the VoodooHDA 2.8.7.kext (with MultiBeast).

I just got a new Midi Controller - a Novation Impulse 49 - today. After I installed the driver for the thingy to work in Logic Pro I had to restart my system (because the installer asked for this) and when I logged back into OS X my audio stopped working. There are no options in the sound panel (in system prefs) anymore and when I open the VoodooHDA setting (also in system prefs) it says that no VoodooHDA devices could be detected.

Did anybody had a similar problem?! Does anybody might know a workaround?

Such a shame! EVERYTHING so far was working so nicely!

Hope that someone might be able to help me! I would really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Amadeus

I have no solutions to fix this but I will say that at some point I got tired dealing with audio issues so I opted to use USB audio as a fallback on such systems. I've tried a few different solutions and settled on the Logitech USB To 3.5mm mic headphone Jack dongle. Haven't worried about audio since,...

For those users of iStat Menus who prefer to inject kexts via Clover, attached are the latest releases of the APCISensors/GPUSensors/etc. kexts hand extracted from the latest HWSensors install package.

View attachment 6.18.1394 Sensors Kexts.zip

Does these work on normal builds?

Does these work on normal builds?

I would imagine, I haven't upgraded anything other than my X99 tower to El Capitan yet, nor have I actually rebooted since replacing the kexts to confirm whether or not they fix the issue, but every other report I have read says that this will fix.

On a side note, Pacifist is VERY buggy with memory allocation under El Capitan...

Back