Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Do you by chance run fusion or parallels? If so do you get the performance you expect?

I do. On X99 hardware.

Parallels sometimes causes beachballing while in use (XP, Win7), to the point I am forced to reboot. This will probably get better once proper chipset drivers are supported.

Hello
My English is weak
I use Google in translation :cry:

Please Help

The new device:

Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1 WIFI

Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch

First, I wrote the following command
dart=0 cpus=1 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 -v -f
The system installation

You install the Nvidia file
He asked the restart and you restart
Using it
dart=0 cpus=1 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 -v -f

What to do then in detail
:crazy:

I have same MB, mem (but 32), SSD. Use GTX980 and 5930K. For Chimera I use:

PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 -v -f nvda_drv=1 dart=0
(some seem to have better luck with npci=0x3000 on 5920's?)

I do have a strange situation where I have to VNC to the machine from another machine before the video turns on, but only with displayport.

Last edited:
Hi Al.. firstly I wanted to thank everyone and their hard work on this thread.. This was my first hack build, and I enjoyed the challenge of jumping in at the deep end, building a Asus x99-S 5960x with GTX 770 :D

I'm all up and running as far as the installation goes, and things are working smoothly..

I was wondering though if it would be possible to start a new thread for post installation information - such as power management, or USB3/Bluetooth connectivity etc.. I feel this newer and very important emrging post installation information is getting lost as more and more people come here asking for pre installation help.. I can certainly say I'm having a hard time picking out info I may need (for me speciffically power management tips, and performance/overclocking tips.

Any thoughts on this, or does such a forum post already exist that im blind to?

Thanks once again :) - Happy hacking x

I was wondering though if it would be possible to start a new thread for post installation information - such as power management, or USB3/Bluetooth connectivity etc.. I feel this newer and very important emrging post installation information is getting lost as more and more people come here asking for pre installation help.. I can certainly say I'm having a hard time picking out info I may need (for me speciffically power management tips, and performance/overclocking tips.

Any thoughts on this, or does such a forum post already exist that im blind to?

Thanks once again :) - Happy hacking x
You can open a thread in the SSDT forum section. I'd also use the Forum's search function to see if any threads/posts are already talking about his subject.

Thank you so much for this haswell-e guide. I successfully installed 10.10.3 to my i7-5960x + Asus X99-E WS.
I have a small problem, maybe even not a problem, in my disk utility disk identifiers for internal disks always changing every boot.
Is it a cosmetic thing or a real problem? Any idea?

By the way to install Yosemite i have to rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from Mavericks 10.9.5

Thank you.

Do you guys think steps outlined in the OP will support Haswell-EP (Xeon E5-1620v3) ?

EDIT: Got it to work by modifying VoodooTSCSync.kext for 4 cores

<key>IOPropertyMatch</key>
<dict>
<key>IOCPUNumber</key>
<integer>3</integer>
</dict>

Thanks

Patch seems to be not working.

Before patch

$ md5 /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
MD5 (/Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel) = fd9b0ed2a37a393d145033a2f0ce46b4

After patch

$ md5 /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
MD5 (/Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel) = fd9b0ed2a37a393d145033a2f0ce46b4

Nothing changed!

My Build:

Fatal1ty AsRock x99x Killer.

Gigabyte R9 280x
Intel i7-5820k
16GB Crucial DDR4 RAM.
120GB SSD

followed the guilde here http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...80-i7-5820k-update-10-10-2-a.html#post1058333 except the video card related steps since my r9 280x works out of box.

most things work pretty well. Audio is fine, video card works out of box, no additional driver/ktex was needed. Single-Core 3094 and multi around 17000. I wanted to know if that's the score to expect for stock frequency.

View attachment 142135

One issue I am currently facing is, whenever the computer goes to sleep. It takes about 1-2 minutes to wake, also the shutdown is slow, about 1 minute for computer to completely shuts off.

Lastly, anyone thinks I should overclock my cpu, cause i saw much higher score after overclocking.

And thanks to everyone who contributes to bring hackintosh to 5820k.

most things work pretty well. Audio is fine, video card works out of box, no additional driver/ktex was needed. Single-Core 3094 and multi around 17000. I wanted to know if that's the score to expect for stock frequency.

I've been able to push it to just above 18000 with XHCI disabled, NullCPUPowerManagement, and Man1c's SSDT.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/2728247

Back