Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Hi all,

i have problems with yosemite 10.10.3 on asus x99-a
I can boot with flag -v -f -x npci=0x2000 cpus=1 PCIRootUID+1 flag (in safe mode)
I can't install Clover every time I got failed installation error...

attached is KP error after boot without -x
thanks anyone for help.

config:
i7-5930 3.50GHz 6 core processor
asus x99-a Motherboard
Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 strix - 6GB / dual 2 cads / not SLI
INTEL SSD 250GBfor OS + 2 harddrives (1TB + 4TB)

Attachments

• 2015-05-06.jpg
    2015-05-06.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 161
I had this same problem for long time on Asrock X99M Killer tryin to install Yosemite - tried every boot flag I could come up with. Finally found that disabling the serial port in BIOS fixed the problem. Don't know if your Asus has a serial port or not, but it is worth a try.

Good luck with it.

Thanks so much. it works now perfect :)
great.

only problem that i have now is with memory.
I have installed 32GB and my mackintosh 10.10.3 see only 16GB.
I was try to replace RAM modules in different slots but always the same problem.
any help would be great.

thanks.

Hello everybody,

since I crashed my nicely working setup by updating to 10.10.3 I thought I better ask here before updating the bios of my Asus X99-A. Are there any reasons I shouldn't update the bios from 1004 to the newest version 1702?

Specs are: i7 5820k, Asus R9 280x,

Thanks alot!

janzwo

edit: forgot to say -> the reason for wanting to update is that I experience some interruptions with my USB. For example my keyboard suddenly doesn't respond anymore and I have to unplug it to get it working again, pretty annoying sometimes...

I have updated my X99-S to 1702 and it is working fine, same CPU but nvidia video card but that shouldn't matter

X99 UD4 + GTX960 + TB2 card in the successful operation of the BMD mini Recorder.

http://www.amazon.com/Blackmagic-Design-UltraStudio-Mini-Recorder/dp/B009D91314/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431151231&sr=8-1&keywords=blackmagic+mini+recorder

However, TB ports do not appear in the system report. It can be seen in BMD tool. Still does not recognize the sound card simultaneously.

When you install the latest Multibeast it will not boot.
It also fails to boot from USB.
Use Unibeast because Clover installer does not start.
I continue the research.

@latze thanks for the quick response! I'll give it a try...

edit: everything worked fine. I'm on Bios 1702 now. thanks laze. USB seems to be working more consistently, too.

Hi Everyone! I have also the Asus X99 Deluxe but after updating my bios to 1702 I can boot to Clover anymore! :banghead:

The Bios recognize the drives but it doesn't do anything. If I choose the drive to boot, the screen goes black and back to the bios.

I do remember that the drives names where different before, I believe they said UEFI or something before. Now It doesn't say anything, just the names of the drives.

UPDATE: It appears that the Bios is Not recognizing the UEFI partitions anymore after the bios update. That's why I can't get to the Clover boot loader.

Please, I need help ASAP.

Back