Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Hey guys, I'm thinking about just going back to the fully supported x97 boards and i7 4 core CPU. I am fully on Clover. Can I just remove the specific kexts and settings for Haswell-E and then swap out only the motherboard and CPU then I'm back in business or do I have to do a fresh install? Would hate to mess with iMessage again so I hope I can just replace the hardware.

Thanks

Edit - eh, forgot about MAC address needed for iMessage so the answer is no.

Okay, using the settings in my last post let me get the installer to go through completely, I then followed the rest of the steps at the start of the guide, but can't seem to get my GTX970 to work via HDMI.
I'm really not sure what I should be selecting in Multibeast either.

To get Yosemite to boot, I still have to use -x -v nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

If I dont use the -x, it hangs up at the PCI stage :(

You are my hero! At last I was able to get into installer and install system. Now moving forward to finish evrth. Thank you!

Hi
Aperture view is yellow I am use 10.11 and gtx970.
I don't know how to fix this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 8.54.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 8.54.32 AM.png
    553.5 KB · Views: 206
Has anyone with a 5960X managed to get El Capitan working?

Hi everyone, Please help. I would like to get my sleep working.

As of now my computer sleeps but gets black screen when I wake it up. Can anyone tell me what’s the proper bios settings or clover settings to use? Thanks

Here’s my setup (all works except sleep):

10.10.5 + vanilla kernel
5820k + Asus X99-A
GTX 780ti
Clover bootloader

kext installed:
FakeSMC
GenericUSBXHCI
VoodooTSCSync
NullCPUPowerManagement (for slight PM only, tried to removed this but no luck to make sleep works)

I went to update to 10.10.5 today from a perfectly working 10.10.3 build on a Gigabyte X99 SOC Force and 5930x.

Now stuck with a kernel panic on start up. Help!! It's been since the Spring since I had to do any work on this machine and I've forgotten wayyyy too much!

IMG_6322.jpg

I'm getting this error when trying to boot from USB Unibeast drive using -v -f -x and npci=0x2000 arguments: (Motherboard is an Asrock X99 WS.) panic(cpu 8 caller 0xffffff8000...): Kernel trap at 0xffffff...., type 14=page fault, registers: CRO:
I have a 6 core CPU so I'm not sure what the cpu 8 caller error is...

Help?

jkervin did you try using cpus=1 and using the right VoodooTSCSync for your CPU?

My question: Does VoodooTSCSync theoretically also support 10 / 12 / 14-core CPU's? I'm looking into buying a 12-core, and have good experiences with 6 / 8-core Haswell-E.

Someone let me know, please :)

Back