Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

I installed Yosemite on my Asus X99-E-WS for audio purposes. I have another hackintosh with a Rampage Extreme IV con (shilooh's build), so i decided to upgrade to X99 and socket 2011-3
Everything work perfectly, thunderbolt too. The only issue i have is about my firewire card, a Startech PEX1394B3 that works perfectly with my other build, but in the X99 with Yosemite it's not recognized. My Presonus 1602 and my Motif XF with firewire card are not recognized in OS X. In Windows they work!!!!
Is there any compatibility problem with Startech card? Or maybe it's due to Yosemite??

I'm so close!!

Great guide.

I'm having an issue where about every other time I boot my it goes to a "no signal" half way through the boot screen with the apple. It seems if I boot with nv_disable=1 it works every time. Makes me think of the Nvidia drives might be at fault, but I've uninstalled and installed the 3 versions for 10.10.4, the F01-F03 and I get the same result.

Also, my CPU is not speedstepping at all.

This is a new build so it's not in my sig yet:

X99-ud4
gtx 960 4gb
5960x

SOLVED BOTH OF THESE ISSUES, but thought I'd leave the post so if someone finds it useful.

For speedstepping I installed the NullCPUManagement from Multibeast. Doesn't seem to offer a tremendous amont of steps but nice to see it idle at 1.2. I'm all ears for a better way though!

For the video issue above. I was using a DVI to VGA convertor and then VGA to VGA into my monitor. Switched to HDMI and it's running very nicely.

Thanks!

jb

Last edited:
They work on regular hardware I've tried them. How ever they still don't work with iStats. Tested them on a friends X99 also. Doesn't work with iStats weather your on X99 or regular hardware.

Tried the update to 10.11 following the Clover guide and update went without any problems. However, I kept getting random reboots when using USB and tried changing BIOS settings and genericUSB kext and still get the random reboots. Also, the USB3 ports are not working at full speed. Rolling back for now.

I am an unlucky X99 motherboard (Gigabyte GA-X99M) + 5960X + NVidia GTX 980 + Clover (v2377) user :(

I tried to upgrade in place my working OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite hackintosh (of course I took a backup first) but that didn't work. I tried fixing things using my MacBook Air (which is already in El Capitan with SIP disabled). The hackitosh SSD CAN boot in MacBook Air, either by selecting the El Capitan partition in the early boot menu or by selecting the Clover EFI first. When I put the SSD in my hackintosh system I get either an instant reboot at, or just after, FakeSMC (often the FakeSMC line is left incomplete) or, at most, I can get it to "PCI configuration Begin" but the system gets stuck there.

I have tried different clover configurations/parameters (nv_disable, PCIRootUID, npci, SMBIOS, etc), fakesmc versions/64UEFI drivers/kexts/, etc. I can't make the bloody thing work. I can't even boot in single user mode.

I am using the correct RtVariables to disable SIP and boot arguments to disable nvidia and have FakeSMC (v6.18.1394, tried with others, removed plugins), NullCPUPowerManagement, and VoodooTSCSync (for 8core) in CLOVER/kexts/Other (remove 10.x folders).

I can't make AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily 10.9.5 rollback kexts work when building the prelinedkernel (if I boot the hackintosh SSD in my MacBook Air) and there can't be a /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache without it.

I tried building an USB installer using the guide but that didn't work either (either resets or gets stuck).

Is there anyone that have managed to make it work for 5960X ? Can (s)he share a guide/idea/clover configuration/kexts/etc ?

PS I don't know how I am supposed to build (using kextcache) system-prelinked-kernel and system-caches without having a working/bootable El Capitan X99/5960X system in the first place. Can I use my El Capitan MacBook Air or my Yosemite X99/5960X system to do it?

They work on regular hardware I've tried them. How ever they still don't work with iStats. Tested them on a friends X99 also. Doesn't work with iStats weather your on X99 or regular hardware.

It appears you're right.

Anyone have iStat Menus working with FakeSMCPlugins under El Capitan? Perhaps I will start a thread elsewhere.

-IC

UEFI clover boot finally worked on x99 gaming g1 wifi board.
Unibeast 6.0 UEFI mode
I upload drivers64UEFI
Thank you.

Attachments

• drivers64UEFI.zip
    36.4 KB · Views: 129
This is a joke right? Remove Test2.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi and replace with OsxAptioFixDrv.efi from Clover 3270 or later...

Thank you kduvernay I replace files UEFI mode worked well.Bios setting default.

Attachments

• final uefi driver.zip
    34.8 KB · Views: 115
This is a joke right? Remove Test2.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi and replace with OsxAptioFixDrv.efi from Clover 3270 or later...

Kduvernay ... I was looking at your signature and I saw that you have the x99m-gaming 5 from gigabyte. It's the same mobo that I have, but I'm running a 5960X Cpu.

I tried to install Yosemite and also El Captitan ... at the moment with no success. I've tried with Clover but the system get stuck at the Pci Configuration.

Do you think it's due to my processor and the extra cores that it sports?

Could you tell me the bios version that you are running and the bios configuration that you are using?

Do you think that a M.2 ssd disk that I'm using for Windows could be a problem in the start up sequence?

Thank you in advance

Back