Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Motherboard
MSI X99A SLI PLUS
CPU
E5-1660 v3
Graphics
RX 580
I followed this guide and now it boots :headbang:
https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackin...relocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/

I also managed to setup clover, but sound doesn't work no matter what I do. I also have a problem with appstore, I can't log in... and of course no tutorial out there worked for me :cry:

My system uses Realtek ALC892 chipset.

If anybody has a new solution to the sound and appstore problem, please help.
I also have some problems when playing videos from youtube. The image freezes after a few seconds or instantly. I installed and reinstalled flash, but the problem persists.

I tried many tutorials to make the sound work, as this is my main concern right now (multibeast, kext ulity, toleda... nothing worked)

I will reinstall Yosemite, see if I manage to fix these problems with a fresh system and let you know if this will do it for me.

I tried everything to get the onboard sound working properly and finally gave up not worth my time. I also had a cheap Behringer U-Control UCA222 laying around so I used that for audio and it works fine. My suggestion would be to purchase a USB sound card or purchase an internal PCI-Express card and be done with it.

On a side note the hackintosh system runs great with no issues at all. The other benefit is that my son can play games on the Windows side of things. I also have a Mac Pro and believe it or not this system runs way better then my Mac Pro. To be honest if Apple came out with a newer Mac Pro that was upgradeable I would have gladly paid the money to upgrade and gone that route. Sadly the Mac Pro's are not upgradeable anymore so I am really really happy to have found this website so that I can have a current computer run OSX and do so with the latest and greatest graphics cards.

Final Cut Pro X, DaVinci Resolve, Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom etc etc all work great!

Thanks again to all the contributors on Tonymac. :headbang:

Motherboard
Asus X99-A
CPU
Core i7-5820K
Graphics
Nvidia GT780
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello, is el captain out? Anyone have tried upgrading yet?

Motherboard
Asus X99-A
CPU
Core i7-5820K
Graphics
Nvidia GT780
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
My score on my same xeon and asus X99-A I have 3800 score but I have overclocked it a bit. But this score is too low. Have you tried to reset the bios to its default values? Or maybe also did you checked termal sensors if there is everything ok and not too high temperatures which would throttle down cpus?

Motherboard
Asus X99-A
CPU
Core i7-5820K
Graphics
Nvidia GT780
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
in tonymac multibeast is hwmonitor tool which can do this.

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Unsure if a "Temporary Guide" for X99 10.11 is coming soon, but I am up and running on El Capitan. Audio is funky (as usual) but I have an old 10.9.5 pre-patched kext that someone posted a long while ago that still works fine for me. I'm using Clover r3270 and ran an in place upgrade to El Capitan. Again, I had to enable XHCI handoff to get booted into the system, so my Geekbench is once again suffering.

Going to play around with that XHCI issue this morning.

Motherboard
Asus X99-A
CPU
Core i7-5820K
Graphics
Nvidia GT780
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Did you have to patch the kernel? Did you have to apply anything from multibeast again to get proper boot?

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Did you have to patch the kernel? Did you have to apply anything from multibeast again to get proper boot?

I did not. I followed Tony's upgrade guide (link on main page) and it went very well. As I stated before, I had to re-enable XHCI handoff in the BIOS to be able to boot up the El Cap installer. I believe that some of the FakeSMC plugins need to be updated, I don't have core temps displaying in iStat Menus anymore, but CPU usage as well as GPU usage are still OK.

I've only been using the system for a few hours now, I'm sure there are many more optimizations to be made.

Motherboard
Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 ATX LGA2011-3
CPU
Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
Graphics
Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello everyone!

I am (well...kinda "was") a proud owner of a hackintosh for about 10 days now.
I got the Audio on my system working using the VoodooHDA 2.8.7.kext (with MultiBeast).

I just got a new Midi Controller - a Novation Impulse 49 - today. After I installed the driver for the thingy to work in Logic Pro I had to restart my system (because the installer asked for this) and when I logged back into OS X my audio stopped working. There are no options in the sound panel (in system prefs) anymore and when I open the VoodooHDA setting (also in system prefs) it says that no VoodooHDA devices could be detected.

Did anybody had a similar problem?! Does anybody might know a workaround?

Such a shame! EVERYTHING so far was working so nicely!

Hope that someone might be able to help me! I would really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Amadeus

Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did not. I followed Tony's upgrade guide (link on main page) and it went very well. As I stated before, I had to re-enable XHCI handoff in the BIOS to be able to boot up the El Cap installer. I believe that some of the FakeSMC plugins need to be updated, I don't have core temps displaying in iStat Menus anymore, but CPU usage as well as GPU usage are still OK.

I've only been using the system for a few hours now, I'm sure there are many more optimizations to be made.

If it is as simple as following Tony's Upgrade Guide for El Capitan then I really have to try this and soon. I thought it would require the same patching as before. I'm looking forward to trying this out now (after making sure I have proper backups in place).

Hello everyone!

I am (well...kinda "was") a proud owner of a hackintosh for about 10 days now.
I got the Audio on my system working using the VoodooHDA 2.8.7.kext (with MultiBeast).

I just got a new Midi Controller - a Novation Impulse 49 - today. After I installed the driver for the thingy to work in Logic Pro I had to restart my system (because the installer asked for this) and when I logged back into OS X my audio stopped working. There are no options in the sound panel (in system prefs) anymore and when I open the VoodooHDA setting (also in system prefs) it says that no VoodooHDA devices could be detected.

Did anybody had a similar problem?! Does anybody might know a workaround?

Such a shame! EVERYTHING so far was working so nicely!

Hope that someone might be able to help me! I would really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Amadeus

I have no solutions to fix this but I will say that at some point I got tired dealing with audio issues so I opted to use USB audio as a fallback on such systems. I've tried a few different solutions and settled on the Logitech USB To 3.5mm mic headphone Jack dongle. Haven't worried about audio since,...

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
For those users of iStat Menus who prefer to inject kexts via Clover, attached are the latest releases of the APCISensors/GPUSensors/etc. kexts hand extracted from the latest HWSensors install package.

View attachment 6.18.1394 Sensors Kexts.zip