Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

What voodootsc should i use with dual ten core cpus?

I don't have a straight answer for you, but you could try what would logically be one of two things -

There are guides all over the internet to editing VooDooTSCSync with more than 4/6/8 Cores as come standard in MultiBeast. I would do a manual edit and try with 10 cores (per processor) and if that doesn't do much, go for 20 cores (total cores in system). Give it a shot.

If I'm not mistaken, I think there are a couple folks on this thread (maybe more?) that have the ThuderboltEX II (or the II Dual) card working on their ASUS boards in 10.10.0 besides Samtimbaud. Hopefully Samtimbaud or someone can shed some light on how to get mine working.

BTW, I've got both a new ThunderboltEX II **and** and ThunderboltEX II Dual card here. I thought the Dual card that I purchased was bad, so went back to MicroCenter & got the single- port version. I've tried the "activation" process under Windows 7 Ultimate, and just now tried in a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro.

1. I've downloaded the Thunderbolt software from ASUS and installed, then
  2. Powered down the machine & inserted card in the slot closest to the edge of the board (from what I've read, that is the recommended slot), as well as attached the jumper cable to the TB header.
  3. Reboot & go into UEFI BIOS - Per Samtimbaud's recommendations, have changed Security to "Legacy Only" and set cache to 128. Save & exit.
  4. Boot into Windows, then connect a TB device (I've also tried connecting device before powering on, too - with no luck).
  5. RESULTS:

• When I right-click on the Thunderbolt tray icon and choose View Connected Devices, no devices appear
  • When I choose Settings, I get an error message saying I need to connect a TB device first.
View attachment 111482 View attachment 111483
I've tried connecting the following TB devices - all yielding zero success:
  • Seagate GoFlex TB drive
  • Apple FW800 > TB adapter (and 2 different drives - one FW400 with Belkin 400/800FW cable, and one FW800 drive).
  • Apple Ethernet > TB adapter

As mentioned before, both TB cards show up in the UEFI BIOS, so I know the board is seeing them. I'm not getting the red LED light indicating that the jumper cable is not connected. And all HDs connected (via FW adapter or the Seagate TB drive) all power up when connected. So I would like to think I'm really close... But I need to get this working in Windows properly - otherwise it won't work in OSX.

There must be something else going on in the BIOS (maybe?) that I need to set? Maybe a setting on the PCIe slot itself? I've even gone back into the BIOS > Thunderbolt and set back to original factory default settings, and still nothing (thinking Windows needs factory defaults, but OSX needs samtimbaud's config).

PS...this is my 2nd X99-Deluxe motherboard, too...the first one I bought was an open box...I thought (among other reasons) that it might have been a bad mobo, so I returned it Friday & got a fresh retail version. So no luck with the first mobo and Dual card under Win7, and now no luck with a brand new motherboard and BOTH the single- and dual-port versions using Win7 or Win8.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: (is that too many)??

UPDATE: SOLVED!!! Please see here for more detailed information on the solution that worked for me.

I need to know ,will Apple monitors work on the thunderbolt port as I have the same built and want to buy the new Apple thunderbolt monitors

Asus X99 Deluxe & 5820k & GTX780ti running stable with Yosemite !

View attachment 109110

How to:

Bios:
Disable (!) all in advanced/cpu config/cpu powermanagement
-Enhanced Speedstep
-Turbo
-CPUC

Maybe: Disable the WIFI (could not verify it )

NO Voodokext now.

installation: unibeast 5.0.1

Kernel Patch:
installation: sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Do NOT use second kernel patch or patch from the beginning of this thread.

Bootflag to installer (if you have kepler grafics, otherwise maybe use "nv_disable=1" too)
-v -x -f npci=0x2000 cpus=1

Run installer as recommended and install

Reboot

Do not use the new partition now : Run the usb installer again to install programm, goto terminal and copy the patched kernel again :

cp -R /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/

Do not install again. If copy finished in terminal, reboot.

Now run the new partition (assume yosemite) on harddrive.
Use bootflags :
npci=0x2000 cpus=1

Post installation with multibeast for yosemite to get speed:

Multibeast-drivers-vodootscsync (choose your core)

Att: Copy the "Extra" folder from the usb to the root of the harddisk before using multibeast.
If you can not see it : goto terminal and type

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles 1 (press enter)
killall Finder (press enter)

if you want making all unseen :

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles 0 (press enter)
killall Finder (press enter)

Greetz - Winston

I'm following your lead with an ASUS x99 "WS" Board and a 5960x Processor with the same GTX780Ti you mentioned in your working build.

I'm following all your instructions but can't boot to the installer through verbose boot. It just stops at the end saying that the Mac OS version: Not yet set, but the System model name: MacPro3,1 also shows up at the bottom of the window.

Any advice on how you got it working? I'm using your suggested boot flags for the installer. With and without the one in parenthesis. Thank you!!!

Hey guys I accidentally got on this ride.. I was thinking it would be easier. This is my thread of me trying to figure this all out.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ng-bar-wont-move-pci-configuration-begin.html

Anyway here is my build
intel i7-5820k
Msi x99S SLI Plus ATX LGA2011-3
Cricial DDR4-2133
2x Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB
Seagate Barracuda 3tb
Gigaabyte GeForce GTX 980
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
LG UH12NW30 BLU-RAY READER
Rosewill N900PCE wifi
Logitech MK520 Wireless Keyboard

Can you guys please update me on the process to do this?? I have tried two tutorials with no luck. Someone said something about just having to use -X (safe mode) to get in now. Is this true? How do I get their? Whats Wrong with safe mode?

I am so sorry to burden you with this. I understand I am wwwaaay over my head. Hopefully you guys know what to do better then I. I have done some extensive flag tests... They are over on my thread.

I finally started system 5960 using Chameleon-2.3svn-r2625 and profile6.1 MacPro
11073571_814659385253809_95791769328909185_n.jpg

Hi everybody,
I've just gone through all steps you provided, patched the kernel, add VoodooTSync and add the kernel npci=0x2000, but my build still gets stuck on [PCI Configuration begin]...

Hope to see someone can help me out...

My build:
GA-X99-UD4
5960X
GIGABYTE GTX970 WINFORCE-OC 4G
16G DDR4 RAM

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    745.7 KB · Views: 156
Hi, schumlav
can you share what mode your motherboard is, what you did in BIOS and what BIOS version your motherboard is running on?
Thanks.

I finally started system 5960 using Chameleon-2.3svn-r2625 and profile6.1 MacPro
View attachment 131694
Hi, schumlav
can you share what mode your motherboard is, what you did in BIOS and what BIOS version your motherboard is running on?
Thanks.

Back