GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have made a guide Here on how to install OSX on Haswell E + X99

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...mite-10-10-x-full-temp-guide-100-working.html

I have tried installing around 10 times and have a working system but due to the CPU not being supported OSX does not run correctly. Demanding multi core apps like "Pro Tools" And "Adobe CC" run horribly (audio doesn't work in premiere) Pro tools maxes out all cores on light use. I would not reccommend Haswell E and X99 for anything other than office work / web browsing right now until native support is added.

Motherboard
EVGA X99 Classified
CPU
i7-5960X
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have made a guide Here on how to install OSX on Haswell E + X99

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...mite-10-10-x-full-temp-guide-100-working.html

I have tried installing around 10 times and have a working system but due to the CPU not being supported OSX does not run correctly. Demanding multi core apps like "Pro Tools" And "Adobe CC" run horribly (audio doesn't work in premiere) Pro tools maxes out all cores on light use. I would not reccommend Haswell E and X99 for anything other than office work / web browsing right now until native support is added.
are you using genericusbxhci? if not you will get much worse performance because of xhci interrupts. You can also disable USB3 which will get rid of that as well. check your gb and make sure it's up to par too. From my understanding PT, logic and other multithreaded apps are working great for most.

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
are you using genericusbxhci? if not you will get much worse performance because of xhci interrupts. You can also disable USB3 which will get rid of that as well. check your gb and make sure it's up to par too. From my understanding PT, logic and other multithreaded apps are working great for most.

Disabling XHCI in the BIOS, especially if you don't NEED USB 3.0 and using the SSDT that Manic Harmon1c provided a while back do WONDERS for performance. My base geekbench works just as well as in Windows, honestly. Temps and other things are a different story, but it's a world of a difference for sure.

Motherboard
EVGA X99 Classified
CPU
i7-5960X
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Disabling XHCI in the BIOS, especially if you don't NEED USB 3.0 and using the SSDT that Manic Harmon1c provided a while back do WONDERS for performance. My base geekbench works just as well as in Windows, honestly. Temps and other things are a different story, but it's a world of a difference for sure.

your temps are higher than windows? Is AppleLPC loaded?

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
your temps are higher than windows? Is AppleLPC loaded?

Er - not what I meant. Disabling XHCI gave me lower temps than running with no power management. I meant that my geekbench performance under OS X is about on par with Windows, despite not having native Power Management. I'm not sure what my Windows temps are, I only have a usage monitor under Windows, not a temperature for my CPU.

Motherboard
EVGA X99 Classified
CPU
i7-5960X
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Er - not what I meant. Disabling XHCI gave me lower temps than running with no power management. I meant that my geekbench performance under OS X is about on par with Windows, despite not having native Power Management. I'm not sure what my Windows temps are, I only have a usage monitor under Windows, not a temperature for my CPU.

Oh yeah, that totally makes sense. Obviously it's putting a significant load on the CPU. BTW - speedfan or realtemp is what i use in windows.

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
5960x
Graphics
GTX 980 x2
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Use Pacifist to install the Framework and to extract the app and EnergyDriver.kext.

Thanks very much. I've managed to get the Intel Power Gadget to install, as well as the Generic USB kext. I've disabled all the XHCI functions (but not legacy EHCI as I might still need to boot from USB2 drives). Alas, the frequency is still pegged at 3.0GHz - the highest Geekbench score I've had was only 21951 - and that's with 8 cores.

I did notice that there is an option in Multibeast to create c and p states - might that do something, or will I just balls-up my install?

Thanks

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Thanks very much. I've managed to get the Intel Power Gadget to install, as well as the Generic USB kext. I've disabled all the XHCI functions (but not legacy EHCI as I might still need to boot from USB2 drives). Alas, the frequency is still pegged at 3.0GHz - the highest Geekbench score I've had was only 21951 - and that's with 8 cores.

I did notice that there is an option in Multibeast to create c and p states - might that do something, or will I just balls-up my install?

Thanks

I wouldn't. I don't think it will have any effect on that since those options are basically designed for Core 2 builds (or so I seem to remember, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Use ManicHarmon1c's SSDT if you are not already - it helps distribute the loads over all the cores. Keep in mind, we still don't have Native Power Management and probably will not for a while longer. I'm not sure if you can really hope to have much better performance than that without power management.

Motherboard
GA-X99M-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Thanks
Remove Generic USB kext