Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@Kudvernay.
Awesome Benchmarks!
Im running The Same GA-X99M-GAMING 5 as you. But only with a I7 5820k.
I used the Link to HWsensor you provided me at insanelymac.
But I'm having issue with the mainbroad temp, reading crazy high numbers. As well as only one cpu fan showing up and not sowing any rpm change. Which i have three connected to the Broad.
Maybe I'm installing it incorrect. Im using Clover to boot.
I tried to run the installer package. Only drive temps show up. So i used Pacifist to remove the kext files and installed them in clovers kext folder. But still only getting 1 Fan instead of the 3 connected to the main broad. Any ideas to why?
Try FakeSMC v6.14.13654 and plugins in the newest Multibeast. Also, you can place kext wherever you like but they should be in S/L/E, this has been discussed over and over again....

Motherboard
GA-X99M-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Turns out that I already have XHCI disabled in BIOS and was running the USBXHCI kext at the same time. Reading the description in BIOS it seems "enabled" option is for OSes that don't have a native XHCI driver. Therefore it makes sense to disable this if you use the kext. If you don't use the kext, then you have to enable in order to get USB 3.0.

I ran the terminal command to check on the number of interrupts and compared to Macbook Pro. Both sets of numbers were about the same, and occasionally I will see 2x the number of interrupts on my hack, but it also has a lot more USB devices attached. I'm guessing this is working as intended and I still get speed step without any negative effects on USB ports or performance.
I don't know if you where looking for a reply to this post as it appears to be a conversation with yourself... lol. There is no reason to use the GenericUSB kext at all considering you only have a Intel USB controller, if your board also had a ASMedia or other USB chip then it may be necessary. Disabling XHCI or using the GenericUSB kext to get speed step is no more than a quirk because of the lack of X99 support from Apple. Although disabling XHCi in bios disables USB 3.0 support in the OS, the 3.0 ports still work at 2.0 speeds so the decision for users is only how important that lost is to them... It's the price you pay for running unsupported hardware. :rolleyes:

Motherboard
GA-X99-Gaming 5P
CPU
i7-5820K OC @ 4.25 GHz
Graphics
Nvidia Titan Xp
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't know if you where looking for a reply to this post as it appears to be a conversation with yourself... lol. There is no reason to use the GenericUSB kext at all considering you only have a Intel USB controller, if your board also had a ASMedia or other USB chip then it may be necessary. Disabling XHCI or using the GenericUSB kext to get speed step is no more than a quirk because of the lack of X99 support from Apple. Although disabling XHCi in bios disables USB 3.0 support in the OS, the 3.0 ports still work at 2.0 speeds so the decision for users is only how important that lost is to them... It's the price you pay for running unsupported hardware. :rolleyes:

Left out one detail, I get full 3.0 USB with XHCI disabled in BIOS and installing the generic USB kext. In prior posts this was discussed as either/or, but in my case it's both. When I read the BIOS settings I think the following is true:

1) XHCI disabled, no kext - get speed step, stable system, but no USB 3.0 (I have not tried this combo)
2) XHCI enabled, with kext - get speed step, get USB 3.0, system not stable
3) XHCI disabled, with kext - speed step, get USB3.0, stable system

Gigabyte describes XHCI enabled as a "work around for not having a driver". I am assuming the genericUSB kext adds the XHCI driver so no need to enable XHCI in BIOS. I also have EHCI disabled in BIOS since USB 2.0 driver is native to Yosemite.

My theory is that enabling the XHCI work around in BIOS gives you USB 3.0, but for whatever reason disables speed step in Yosemite. Disabling XHCI work around gives you speed step, then you add the generic kext to get USB 3.0.

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
5960x
Graphics
GTX 980 x2
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
This doesn't help anyone except maybe with buying decisions but I'll post this anyway... I like smaller cases and haven't built ATX for years. X99 mATX choices are very limited and my favorite manufacturer doesn't offer the product, yet this (GA-X99M-GAMING 5) is one Bad-Ass OCing board...

View attachment 128575

View attachment 128576 View attachment 128577

Awesome! Can I ask how you managed to get the Intel Power Gadget to work? I have a 5960x, which might be the problem, but it won't even install.

David

Motherboard
GA-X99M-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Use Pacifist to install the Framework and to extract the app and EnergyDriver.kext.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4
CPU
I7-5820k @ 4,3Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX970 G1
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
For all people who are following this thread: today I installed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext which resulted in an kernel panic but for the moment I'm happy without USB 3 anyway.

Motherboard
GA-X99-Gaming 5P
CPU
i7-5820K OC @ 4.25 GHz
Graphics
Nvidia Titan Xp
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For all people who are following this thread: today I installed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext which resulted in an kernel panic but for the moment I'm happy without USB 3 anyway.

Did you make sure you have Legacy BIOS support enabled right above the XHCI option? I had mine set on "Auto" and caused kernel panic as well.

Also on a side note - I found the combo of Yosemite and X99 system not too friendly with plugging in USB 2.0 devices into 3.0 sockets. Sometimes it works, other times I get weird problems. If anyone is facing connection issues, I would try to make sure the devices are paired with the same USB socket version. From my own experience I had to "match sockets" for:

Logitech wireless keyboard
External DAC

Motherboard
GA-X99M-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@mod - please remove. thx

Motherboard
GA-X99-Gaming 5P
CPU
i7-5820K OC @ 4.25 GHz
Graphics
Nvidia Titan Xp
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You'll fix that problem by removing GenericUSBXHCI.kext...

I had connection problems well before I added the kext and figured out the port matching to resolve and have not had problems since, even after adding the kext.

But agree with you that using kext or no is a complete toss up at this point and the only "real" solution will be when Apple updates Yosemite with full Haswell-E support.

Motherboard
GA-X99M-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android