Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Okay, thank you very much for the reply. So it's not worth installing the USB Kext which seems to enable additional states?
Using the genericusb.kext has too many negative side affects. You might try disabling XHCI in bios...

Thanks kduvernay,

I ended up using VoodooHDA and lowering the iGain value of the kext (package contents...plist) to get rid of the noise that was coming thru the speakers. It sounds awesome now and I'm extremely happy with it.

Last step for me is to get it running with Clover once they get the SLI issue sorted.

Thank you for all your help, especially kduvernay and InsaneCultist! Awesome community, hope I can contribute something of value now that I've been thru it once. :)

Using the genericusb.kext has too many negative side affects. You might try disabling XHCI in bios...

I can confirm issues with GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Caused my keyboard to freak out and spam keys, etc. Super weird.

I can confirm issues with GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Caused my keyboard to freak out and spam keys, etc. Super weird.

I haven't had any issues at all, but also believe the less patched kexts, the better so will try BIOS setting.

However, being a new Clover user, how do I undo the USB Kext? Just delete it from the Clover folder and reboot?

Update - per this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desk...te-uefi-motherboards-xhci-mode-explained.html

Disabling XHCI disables USB 3.0 mode so that's not good for me since I use my hack mainly for photo editing and copy tons of raws files from my 3.0 card reader.

I haven't had any issues at all, but also believe the less patched kexts, the better so will try BIOS setting.

However, being a new Clover user, how do I undo the USB Kext? Just delete it from the Clover folder and reboot?

Update - per this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desk...te-uefi-motherboards-xhci-mode-explained.html

Disabling XHCI disables USB 3.0 mode so that's not good for me since I use my hack mainly for photo editing and copy tons of raws files from my 3.0 card reader.
Just remove the kext from EFI/Clover/Kext/10.10 or S/L/E (which is where your kext should be installed anyway).

Just remove the kext from EFI/Clover/Kext/10.10 or S/L/E (which is where your kext should be installed anyway).

Cool thanks! Can I manage my kexts in S/L/E even though I'm running RAID 0? With Chameleon it was a major pain.

I've done as kduvernay has done and DISABLED XHCI in my BIOS, which has given me working speedstep. This kicks Geekbench 3 single core up about 800 points on my 5820K. It's definitely not cosmetic, but my keyboard seems to be losing strokes... Interesting, to say the least.

Cool thanks! Can I manage my kexts in S/L/E even though I'm running RAID 0? With Chameleon it was a major pain.
Certainly, it's just another Volume... Clearly Apple's kext are installed in S/L/E

I've done as kduvernay has done and DISABLED XHCI in my BIOS, which has given me working speedstep. This kicks Geekbench 3 single core up about 800 points on my 5820K. It's definitely not cosmetic, but my keyboard seems to be losing strokes... Interesting, to say the least.
Is the keyboard on a USB 2.0 port?

I've disabled XHCI in BIOS and interestingly it resulted in an improved multicore performance, single core stayed more or less the same.

screenshot_before.pngscreenshot_after.png

I'm using quite a few USB devices and will report back if I encounter any problems.

Back