• Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB GDDR5
  • 4x8GB Crucial DDR4-2400 RAM 32GB
  • Samsung XP941 512GB M.2 SSD
  • Seagate 4TB Hybrid Data Drive SATA6
  • Corsair HX1000i 1KW PSU
  • Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling
  • Dual Samsung 28" 4K LCDs
  • Yosemite 10.10.1 & Clover

Still working on audio but everything else is working nicely!
As soon as I have audio working, I'll kick the over-clock back in, I have this machine running perfect at 4.6GHz. Disabled right now for troubleshooting.
4K works well in Yosemite and looking beautiful but I wish OS X had a GUI scaling feature like Windows... at native resolution, everything is too small. Same thing in Windows but at least it has the 150% mode which looks great.

hi and1049,
i saw that you use a Soc Force gigabyte mobo, Why did you use it? Why didn't you use an asus mobo for e example a rampage V extreme if you find an OC config?
thank you in advance,
regards

It's been a while since I last posted, but I got my Yosemite setup installed and for the most part working.

I'm running a x99-ud5-wifi motherboard w/ wifi card, and tried the atheroswifiinjector and io8011family kexts.

I recently moved my computer for break and the wifi is not working. I know this is a fairly common problem, but I am wondering if anyone with an integrated WIFI card has been able to find a solution? Previously, I had been using ethernet, but don't have access to a jack now.

Thanks.

How did you get past the PCI Configuration begin on ASUS X99 with 5960X ? I am stuck guys.

Has anyone had any success with Rampage V Extreme board? (0802 or 0901 BIOS)?

I have RVE @ those two bioses, 5960X, dual 970 G1, SM 941 drive or SM 840 Pro...

Same here. Could not get past PCI Configuration begin.

I have anohter board, x99-e WS but i am also stuck at PCI configuration begin, im using Unibeast and if you look at my screenshot in my previous thread you can see that it comes to Mac Framework successfuly initialized, and then PCI Configuration begin 2 times and the 3rd PCI Configuration begin it stops.
How does your screen look, could you please post a picture from yours?

What flags are you using when booting?

I have anohter board, x99-e WS but i am also stuck at PCI configuration begin, im using Unibeast and if you look at my screenshot in my previous thread you can see that it comes to Mac Framework successfuly initialized, and then PCI Configuration begin 2 times and the 3rd PCI Configuration begin it stops.
How does your screen look, could you please post a picture from yours?

Same board same problem. X99-E WS + 5960x

I have solved it, what steps/guide have you used?

tried Several.,

My steps:

Create Usb,Patch kernel , remove some kexts replace with x99 kexts and Add x5960 voodokext.

Tried bunch of flags to no avail...

Back