GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core i7 5930K
Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 980
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have everything installed that I need, but NVidia don't seem to have ANYTHING for the GTX 980, I also have no audio, despite installing the required kexts in Multibeast, ontop of this I have no internet, but this I can live without for now, I just want to get rid of the flickering, I have to boot with nv_disable=1 until I can get a graphics driver.

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Motherboard
GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core i7 5930K
Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 980
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
yep, read through everything I could find, it doesn't seem like it is possible yet, unless anyone here has done it.

I have this horrible flickering thing at the moment and most of the time transparent window headers, its very annoying, so is the no audio and internet, but I just want the graphics card working first before I focus on those.

Motherboard
win 8.1
CPU
Graphics
660 Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Can someone write a detailed guide for the installation of clover(UEFI)? (After installation unibeast stick):thumbup:

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can someone write a detailed guide for the installation of clover(UEFI)? (After installation unibeast stick):thumbup:

You cannot do a start-to-finish installation using Clover on an X99 build. You have to take a hybrid approach starting with UniBeast, then switch over. A couple users have posted some high-level instructions on this process earlier in this thread.

Motherboard
i7 5930k Tower
CPU
i7 5930k
Graphics
GTX770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys

trying this install on the following

gigabyte gaming 5 x99. 5930k 16gb gtx770

USB creates fine, kernel patched ok

installed to hard drive ok, but when I reboot to use multibeast am not sure how I am supposed to intall. Voodoo. Kext

I am really stumped on this if anyone's got any advice it would be appreciated

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys

trying this install on the following

gigabyte gaming 5 x99. 5930k 16gb gtx770

USB creates fine, kernel patched ok

installed to hard drive ok, but when I reboot to use multibeast am not sure how I am supposed to intall. Voodoo. Kext

I am really stumped on this if anyone's got any advice it would be appreciated

Have you successfully copied over the patched kernel from the USB key using the terminal command in the thread starter post? You need that in place, then boot from USB key yet again, but now select your HD where you've just done initial install of OS X. Complete setup/config of OS X, then run MultiBeast. the VooDoo kext is one of the MB options - pretty easy to find...

Motherboard
GA-X99-UD5
CPU
Graphics
970GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Hello,

First thank you TonyMacx86 for your and everyone's help on the forum!!!

Because of you all I've successfully installed Yosemite on my GA-X99-UD5 with GTX 970, but I'm having a few issues that I would love some help with. I've been searching on this thread and online but can't seem to find answers.

#1 I'm unable to get wifi working or even an Ethernet recognized. (install atherosE2200Ethernet v1.0.0 but that didn't work and don't know if I'm even in the right category)

#2 so... (kind of related) I can't install drivers for the GTX 970 so the system works but the graphics are glitchy

#3 I'm manually using npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 boot flags, and would like to add them to the org.chameleon.boot.plist but I can't find out what "nv_disable=1" means and whether or not I should use it every time?

Looking forward to helping out when I know this thing is stable (and can actually install logic and other heavy programs)

Thanks in advance!

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

First thank you TonyMacx86 for your and everyone's help on the forum!!!

Because of you all I've successfully installed Yosemite on my GA-X99-UD5 with GTX 970, but I'm having a few issues that I would love some help with. I've been searching on this thread and online but can't seem to find answers.

#1 I'm unable to get wifi working or even an Ethernet recognized. (install atherosE2200Ethernet v1.0.0 but that didn't work and don't know if I'm even in the right category)

#2 so... (kind of related) I can't install drivers for the GTX 970 so the system works but the graphics are glitchy

#3 I'm manually using npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 boot flags, and would like to add them to the org.chameleon.boot.plist but I can't find out what "nv_disable=1" means and whether or not I should use it every time?

Looking forward to helping out when I know this thing is stable (and can actually install logic and other heavy programs)

Thanks in advance!

Are there multiple atheros options in MultiBeast? Since I don't have that mobo, I'm not familiar with that particular kext - I have ASUS so am using Intel for ethernet. Maybe someone else can jump in on that one. In the meantime:

Do you have another working system where you can download the GTX 970 drivers onto a USB stick, then transfer over to your new build? Or have a friend do it for you? At least then you can get the video drivers installed, and then make your final edits to the org.chameleon.boot.plist....

And you only need the nv_disable=1 boot flag until you get the NVIDIA drivers installed. Then you need to change to nvda_drv=1 when all is said & done.

Your org.chameleon.boot.plist should look something like this when you get through:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<key>Kernel Flags</key>
[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]<string>[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]kext-dev-mode=1 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1</string>[/COLOR]

Motherboard
GA-X99-UD5
CPU
Graphics
970GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Thank you for your quick response!

I have another system I'm working with, but when I went to the Nvida driver page they only have windows Linux drivers, and other non mac drivers. where do I find one for mac?

edit:

I tried using the webdriver 343.01.01f01 that was on another thread on the site but I get an error "mac version 10.10.1 (14B25) is not supported with this package. Please See nvidia's website for further driver information, but like i said I can't find one on the site

RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.2 worked... plus I plugged the ethernet into a different slot, first one may have been defective.

Thanks!