Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

On a side note - any support for the X99 platform in the HWMonitor department for FakeSMC plugins?

it works except the CPU kext plugin which causes instant reboot. I have reported this but no response yet. https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/issues/250

So I have tried AppleHDA and it didn't work. The devices were visible, but the playback was stuck and I was getting assertions in the kext's. Interestingly, depending on the audio id, the optical output connected as Dolby digital or DTS. One thing to note is that in Clover I have to patch SSDT to replace ALZA with HDEF, unlike the guide - which hints to replace AZAL with HDEF.

So I am back to VoodooHDA, which works OK, only issue is that the SPDIF output doesn't stay connected, so it is reconnecting every time sound playback starts again. That doesn't work very well with the receiver, which cuts 1st 2 secs after SPDIF is (re)connected.

E.

I followed tonymacx steps in the first post (untitl step 3) but am stuck at grey screen apple logo. (Can't do/ type anything). First time. X99-Deluxe, i7 5930k, GTX970, 16Gb

Is there any better tutorial/ help/ steps for noob?

I followed tonymacx steps in the first post (untitl step 3) but am stuck at grey screen apple logo. (Can't do/ type anything). First time. X99-Deluxe, i7 5930k, GTX970, 16Gb

Is there any better tutorial/ help/ steps for noob? My Bios is 08 instead of 10, but I don't know how to update it. Damn... I enjoy the years, I just had a working Mac

Did you build your USB key per the instructions (patch the kernel, edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist, add the extra items to the USB key, etc)...??? I've followed the same exact instructions in the OP, and I have a working build. Same components as you: X99 Deluxe, 5930K, GTX 970, 16GB

When you get to the black screen with the USB icon in the middle, before you hit "enter", hit the down arrow & scroll to "Verbose" and select that. You'll see a boot log as your system boots. Report back to what's on-screen (take a pic too) where your system "hangs" in the process...

Is there any better tutorial/ help/ steps for noob? My Bios is 08 instead of 10, but I don't know how to update it. Damn... I enjoy the years, I just had a working Mac

make sure you have the latest bios or beta bios.

This Post #67.

This page.

also i made a quick guide somewhere in this thread.

x99 audio - testers needed
Realtek motherboard and AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio
Chameleon or Clover

Chimera/Chameleon
Installation (4 steps)

1. Audio_ID Injection (select one method)
    1. MultiBeast
      1. MultiBeast 7 - Select: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > √ ALC
      2. plus √ Optional Optional HDAEnabler > Audio ID: 1
    2. ssdt - x99 onboard and HDMI audio
      1. View attachment SSDT-1.aml.zip
  2. Restart
    1. Verify IOReg/HDEF/layout-id/<01 00 00 00>
      1. No HDEF/Wrong layout-id, Audio_ID injection failed.
        1. Try Audio_ID Injection same/different method
        2. See Problem Reporting, below
  3. Patched Codec (select one method)
    1. MultiBeast
      1. Download/Double Click/audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch.command.zip
    2. realtekALC/patch in place
      1. Download/Double Click/audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch.command.zip
      2. Download/Double Click/audio_realtekALC-100.command.zip
  4. Restart
    1. Verify System Preferences/Sound/Output
Clover
Installation (4 steps)

1. Audio_ID Injection (select one method)
    1. Clover Injection
      1. Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip
      2. Set config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1
      3. Add config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Rename ALZA to HDEF
      4. Set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NO (all properties)
    2. ssdt - x99 onboard and HDMI audio
      1. View attachment SSDT-1.aml.zip
  2. Restart
    1. Verify IOReg/HDEF/layout-id/<01 00 00 00>
      1. No HDEF/Wrong layout-id, Audio_ID injection failed.
        1. Try Audio_ID Injection same/different method
        2. See Problem Reporting, below
  3. Codec Patch
    1. cloverALC/Clover patched
      1. Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip (same as above)
        1. Add config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/10.9.4-10.10-/x99 ALC Onboard Audio
      2. Download/Double Click/audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip
  4. Restart
    1. Verify System Preferences/Sound/Output
More information, Post #1, Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA
Problem Reporting, Post #1, No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA
Credit: RevoGirl

x99 audio - testers needed
Realtek motherboard and AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio

Board: GA-X99-UD4
Bios: F9g

Files:

From toleda:
SSDT.aml
audio_alc_x99-hda-100-patch.command
audio_realtekALC-100.command

From stinga11:
caches_rebuild.command*

Clover Config:
FixHDA DISABLED
NewWay DISABLED [NEWWAY BREAKS AUDIO]

Steps:

SSDT installed EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Reboot

Run the x99 command
Run the realtek command

*Permissions were repaired with Disk Utility and cache was rebuilt after each command (might not be required)

View attachment Working_Audio.zip

Did you build your USB key per the instructions (patch the kernel, edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist, add the extra items to the USB key, etc)...??? I've followed the same exact instructions in the OP, and I have a working build. Same components as you: X99 Deluxe, 5930K, GTX 970, 16GB

When you get to the black screen with the USB icon in the middle, before you hit "enter", hit the down arrow & scroll to "Verbose" and select that. You'll see a boot log as your system boots. Report back to what's on-screen (take a pic too) where your system "hangs" in the process...

Thanks for your suggestions. But still stuck on a grey screen with apple logo.
Probably it’s something small, but as it is my first time, I hope some one can help

IN SHORT:
A) Where Do i get the "kernel Patches" and where do I put them.
B) Do I only add this "npci=0x2000" in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist? (Because I read some people write this during "booting" also with "vt-d" . If so. When / how do I write this during booting from USB?

Full explanation

I updated X99- deluxe to BIOS 1004
Windows 8.1 is working as before, so that went well. (When I try to install OSX I disable the windows drive.)

The usb is made on my mac as described in in the guide.

1. Voodoo file downloaded here (hopefully correct?) http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodootscsync/downloads/7/
and put on usb in /Extra/Extensions

2. on usb Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
I open in text edit (correct?) and add:
<keys>npci=0x2000</keys>
( in another version I tried without “<keys> </keys>" as this was not mentioned in the post)

3. I don’t know what patching kernel is, but I opened terminal, and copy pasted the tonymac code (my usb name is ‘usb’)

sudo perl -pi -e 's|x74x11x83xF8x3C|x74x11x83xF8x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Entered password. seemend okay (didn't get an error)

WHAT COULD I HAVE DONE WRONG?

I just flashed/ updated the BIOS, so I suppose the settings are standard then. I pressed F5 (for standard bios settings)
I only changed OS > other OS, as I couldn’t find the rest of the suggestions in step 3
http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Could that be the problem?
- I didn’t find where to change: 2. Optimized defaults, 3. VT-d ,4. CFG-Lock
- I did find “Secure Boot Mode”, but it is enabled and grayed out. (so I can’t change it)

@BoomR I did the "Verbose" option. There are at least 10-12 pages of text scrolling by.
The final text I made a picture. See attached
It does say "Kernel-__SYMTAB" not a kext. So perhaps I missed a step?

Attachments

• IMG_20141031_170352.jpg
    IMG_20141031_170352.jpg
    678 KB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 16.22.22.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 16.22.22.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 17.16.29.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 17.16.29.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 17.18.44.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 17.18.44.png
    78 KB · Views: 160
Last edited by a moderator:

Some more questions:

1.) I don’t want to damage ‘windows 8.1’ on my SSD and want OSX on a different drive.
I disconnected the windows drive. I tried to install OSX, but didn’t succeed, so reconnected the Windows Drive. It didn’t startup. I came in BIOS over and over. (also when selecting the SSD as boot). I didn’t change anything in the bios, so how can this be?

2) When I try to install OSX Can I let the Windows drive connected? In other words: Will I get an option later on which drive to install OSX ?

3) During boot I sometimes get the message (on the American Megatrends screen’)
Overclocking failed! But I didn’t do any overclocking.

I am starting to worry…

I double checked vt-d is well disabled.
npci=0x2000 is in my hand and my head since 4 years i made hackintosh, so..
@samtimbaud I am stuck at the apple logo as well. (See previous posts) Where Do I find the vd-t ?
EDIT: found it, but it was disabled already. Still grey screen with Apple logo

Back