Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

Thanks Manic.

I tried to use your SSDT (ssdt_5930K_OC.aml) - with Clover, both cases, but it didn't work. Not sure what's wrong. Do you know if it is possible to check in the log whether it was used?

BTW, I am checking it with DPCIManager/P State and also cinebench and it seems to be all the time using 35 multiplier.

I will meanwhile try to read more details about SSDT and SSDTPRGen.

E.

Did you rename the file to just SSDT.aml?

Thanks for your help!
Ive managed to get through the ram issue with different boot flags now, but Im always stuck at this: Kernel extensions in backtrace: IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTrabsport.

Please help!
Thanks

I can boot into safe mode.

yes, I a similar experience. For install with Unibeast, I had to use safe mode to install to Yosemite drive. But when I booted into Yosemite drive, I did not need to use safe mode. I can also tell you that you must type in the exact kernel copy command on the 2nd boot into USB. Since you can't copy and paste, it's not that hard to get a character or 2 wrong. Terminal will not tell you if you typed one of the directories incorrectly. Every time I got stuck in booting into my Yosemite drive, I would wipe my disk and install again and double/triple check my copy command to make sure it is 100%. I also wait a good 2-3 minutes before I reboot after copy command. I've installed successfully 3-4 times trying single and RAID configurations and each time I got stuck, re-installing and being extra careful with copy command fixed the problem.

Thank you very much, following your steps i have achieved a perfect Mackintosh install. I have installed the last VodooHDA v 287, and after reboot i havee chosen the Green rear output in the sound panel, not in Vodoohda panel, and it sounds great.

Also the internet goes lightning fast, the GPU works perfect in resolve and fcpx, and all the things.

Thankkkkss for the help ;))

yes, I a similar experience. For install with Unibeast, I had to use safe mode to install to Yosemite drive. But when I booted into Yosemite drive, I did not need to use safe mode. I can also tell you that you must type in the exact kernel copy command on the 2nd boot into USB. Since you can't copy and paste, it's not that hard to get a character or 2 wrong. Terminal will not tell you if you typed one of the directories incorrectly. Every time I got stuck in booting into my Yosemite drive, I would wipe my disk and install again and double/triple check my copy command to make sure it is 100%. I also wait a good 2-3 minutes before I reboot after copy command. I've installed successfully 3-4 times trying single and RAID configurations and each time I got stuck, re-installing and being extra careful with copy command fixed the problem.

Thanks! I've now manually checked in safe mode that the kernel on the Yosemite drive is exactly the same as the USB kernel. I've also repatched it to be extra sure.

I checked the voodootsc kext and I repatched it into the usb via kextbeast, double checked that it was in the right place, then i ran the installation via multibeast again.

Still the same problem. Everytime i boot without safe mode Im stuck at the Bluetooth problem. I also had similar issues on mavericks when I installed mac pro 6.1 system definition.

Can you live without 6.1? What is the differences between 5.1 and 6.1?

Greetings,
Alex

Thanks! I've now manually checked in safe mode that the kernel on the Yosemite drive is exactly the same as the USB kernel. I've also repatched it to be extra sure.

I checked the voodootsc kext and I repatched it into the usb via kextbeast, double checked that it was in the right place, then i ran the installation via multibeast again.

Still the same problem. Everytime i boot without safe mode Im stuck at the Bluetooth problem. I also had similar issues on mavericks when I installed mac pro 6.1 system definition.

Can you live without 6.1? What is the differences between 5.1 and 6.1?

Greetings,
Alex

For one, MacPro5,1 and 4,1 will kernel panic if you don't delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. Best to use MacPro3,1 if you can't use 6,1. Did you try 3,1? Try deleting AppleTyMCEDriver, then trying both MacPro5,1 and MacPro3,1. it's possible MP6,1 SMBios is your problem, for some reason on certain GPU and Display combinations MacPro6,1 causes the display not to initialize. This has been a problem on X79 boards as well, and the workaround on those boards is to use MacPro3,1.

If that doesn't work, my guess as to what the actual problem is: Typically a bluetooth initialization hang is caused by graphics, that's right before the graphics kexts load. You've managed to at least install it, right?
If so, try this:
-Boot with nv_disable=1. Install the latest Yosemite web driver with pacifist and then boot with nvda_drv=1. Then reinstall the Web drivers with the official installer.
-If that still doesn't work, back up and then delete all the nvidia kexts... Then install the latest Yosemite web driver with pacifist, reinstall the Nvidia kexts you backed up, and boot with nvda_drv=1, and then reinstall the Web drivers with the official installer.

Hmmm, anyone else having difficulty with Clover booting? I can't seem to resolve my issue from a few pages ago.

> > Originally Posted by lokicat
> > Did you rename the file to just SSDT.aml?

> Forgot to mention that. That's crucial too.

Yes, I did. The Clover boot loader even loads it.

4:226 0:005 ========= Auto patch DSDT Finished ========
4:231 0:005 Drop tables from Xsdt, SIGN=SSDT TableID= Length=0
4:236 0:005 Xsdt has tables count=16
4:242 0:005 Table: SSDT PmMgt 54793 dropped
4:247 0:005 corrected XSDT length=156
4:252 0:005 Inserting SSDT.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
4:264 0:012 CPUBase=0 and ApicCPUBase=0 ApicCPUNum=12
4:270 0:005 EdidDiscovered size=0

I also tried to prepare my own SSDT.aml with the ssdtPRGen.sh script.

One thing which might be different on my system is that because of overclocked DDR4, I use 125Mhz BCLK. I tried to modify ssdtPRGen.sh script to work with 125Mhz base frequency, but it still didn't help.

Another thing I noticed, when I use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, I am at idle running at about 150W power consumption for whole system. Without it I am all the time above 200W.

E.

> > Originally Posted by lokicat
> > Did you rename the file to just SSDT.aml?

> Forgot to mention that. That's crucial too.

Yes, I did. The Clover boot loader even loads it.

4:226 0:005 ========= Auto patch DSDT Finished ========
4:231 0:005 Drop tables from Xsdt, SIGN=SSDT TableID= Length=0
4:236 0:005 Xsdt has tables count=16
4:242 0:005 Table: SSDT PmMgt 54793 dropped
4:247 0:005 corrected XSDT length=156
4:252 0:005 Inserting SSDT.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
4:264 0:012 CPUBase=0 and ApicCPUBase=0 ApicCPUNum=12
4:270 0:005 EdidDiscovered size=0

I also tried to prepare my own SSDT.aml with the ssdtPRGen.sh script.

One thing which might be different on my system is that because of overclocked DDR4, I use 125Mhz BCLK. I tried to modify ssdtPRGen.sh script to work with 125Mhz base frequency, but it still didn't help.

Another thing I noticed, when I use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, I am at idle running at about 150W power consumption for whole system. Without it I am all the time above 200W.

E.

Double check your bios settings and see if anything looks off.

Back