Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

But I installed it following the x99-a manual! So I will only be able to boot with one or two rams?

How does it work when i want to add all 4? Because I've already installed everything i need.

thanks!
This is my boot after I've installed everything with multibeast and used flags: -v -f -x npci=0x2000.
sorry that its upside down, will try to fix! On ny phone now only.

Try booting with only 2 RAM sticks - see if that helps. Also, thanks for the picture, but it is backwards. Can you make sure to post next time with the correct orientation so everyone can read? THANKS!!

But I installed it following the x99-a manual! So I will only be able to boot with one or two rams?

How does it work when i want to add all 4? Because I've already installed everything i need.

thanks!
This is my boot after I've installed everything with multibeast and used flags: -v -f -x npci=0x2000.

You can rotate it in preview when you get home.

thanks!

I would use all 4 dimms and put them in the grey sockets. I have had all kinds of problems with Gigabyte BIOS for the UD4. It's really surprising considering their past history. Make sure you have the latest beta bios F9c or later. This is really important - Do a full CMOS reset after BIOS update by unplugging your power connector and taking the CMOS battery out for at least 5 min. You should know you did it right when you see the date and time has reset in the BIOS screen.

You can also use Memtest86:

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

To test your memory and rule out problems there. It will take over an hour to run one full sweep though. It is not OS specific so a very good tool to test memory.

Hey,

does anybody managed to get CPU multiplier higher than default, like 35 in 5930k case? The power management kind of works as I can see the system uses less power when idle (around 150W), but still more than Windows.

I am also looking forward to have the VT-D working. I have tried to use older AppleAHCIPlatform.kext for that, but without success.

E.

Hey guys,

First off, thank you to everyone for the guides and help. I've finally gotten 10.10 installed. I am having trouble with multibeast though. I am able to boot into the SSD through the thumb drive. I have installed all the unibeast kexts with a kext injector. I just don't know what things to check for multibeast. I'm using an i7 5930k, gigabyte g1 gaming wifi, and a gtx 770.

Thanks in advance

I would use all 4 dimms and put them in the grey sockets. I have had all kinds of problems with Gigabyte BIOS for the UD4. It's really surprising considering their past history. Make sure you have the latest beta bios F9c or later. This is really important - Do a full CMOS reset after BIOS update by unplugging your power connector and taking the CMOS battery out for at least 5 min. You should know you did it right when you see the date and time has reset in the BIOS screen.

You can also use Memtest86:

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

To test your memory and rule out problems there. It will take over an hour to run one full sweep though. It is not OS specific so a very good tool to test memory.

Thanks for your help!
Ive managed to get through the ram issue with different boot flags now, but Im always stuck at this: Kernel extensions in backtrace: IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTrabsport.

Please help!
Thanks

I can boot inte safe mode.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    776.7 KB · Views: 166

Hey,

does anybody managed to get CPU multiplier higher than default, like 35 in 5930k case? The power management kind of works as I can see the system uses less power when idle (around 150W), but still more than Windows.

I am also looking forward to have the VT-D working. I have tried to use older AppleAHCIPlatform.kext for that, but without success.

E.

Try one of the SSDTs I made with SSDTPRGen, you should be able to go up to 5 GHz while still having C1E.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-guide-os-x-10-9-4-10-9-5-a-6.html#post870703

Add this to your org.chameleon.boot.plist:
Code:
<key>DropSSDT</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

and put the SSDT for your CPU in the /Extra folder.

If you're using Clover, use this:
Code:
<key>DropOem</key>
<true/>
under the SSDT section (can also be enabled in Clover Configurator) and add the SSDT to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.
Alternatively with Clover you can do this:
Code:
<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
  <dict>
    <key>Signature</key>
    <string>SSDT</string>
    <key>TableId</key>
    <string>CpuPm</string>
  </dict>
  <dict>
    <key>Signature</key>
    <string>SSDT</string>
    <key>TableId</key>
    <string>Cpu0Ist</string>
  </dict>
to avoid dropping the SATA table.

Your other option is to disable EIST/Speedstep in the BIOS, but if you do that you won't get C1E so you will be stuck at the max frequency all the time.

Thanks Manic.

I tried to use your SSDT (ssdt_5930K_OC.aml) - with Clover, both cases, but it didn't work. Not sure what's wrong. Do you know if it is possible to check in the log whether it was used?

BTW, I am checking it with DPCIManager/P State and also cinebench and it seems to be all the time using 35 multiplier.

I will meanwhile try to read more details about SSDT and SSDTPRGen.

E.

Thanks Manic.

I tried to use your SSDT (ssdt_5930K_OC.aml) - with Clover, both cases, but it didn't work. Not sure what's wrong. Do you know if it is possible to check in the log whether it was used?

BTW, I am checking it with DPCIManager/P State and also cinebench and it seems to be all the time using 35 multiplier.

I will meanwhile try to read more details about SSDT and SSDTPRGen.

E.
It was working for some people. I don't have an x99 though so there might be something else you need to do that I don't know about. Oh and make sure you don't have generate c states or p States enabled in chimera. I know chimera, chameleon, and clover all have boot logs but I don't remember how to access it in chimera.

Back