Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB Windforce OC Edition
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

Hoping that you may be able to help me figure out what is going on with my hackintosh build. I seem to be having a hell of a lot of trouble trying to get my new Haswell machine up and running properly. It is really annoying that all of these parts are listed in the buyers guide, yet the documentation for the install process is very limited! Anyway, here is my setup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
Intel i7 4770K
32GB Corsair Vengeance
Gigabyte GTX 660
Sandisk Ultra 256GB SSD
Segate 4TB HDD
TP Link WiFi Card

I have installed OSX 10.8.5 but can only boot in to the OS successfully in safe mode.

When I try to boot with the GPU installed, very quickly I get stuck at the error "PCI Configuration Begin"

photo_1.jpg

When I try to use the on board graphics I get a different error "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

(Note my system doesn't have Bluetooth but I have read somewhere that it may be caused by a graphics problem?)

I have tried npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 with no luck. I have all the recommended BIOS settings in place, except for disabling VT-D. I can't seem to disable VT-D as the option is greyed out and stuck in the "Enabled" position so I have tried using the rolledback AppleACPIPlatform with no success.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. This new machine is a work editing computer, so I am aiming to have it up and running over the weekend ready for next week.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers

Blake

Hi.

I have a GA Z87-HD3 with a i7 4770K. Have installed Mac OS X 10.8.5 and only can boot in safe mode.
I read somewhere that is need to disable de VT-d option on BIOS, but i have tried disabled and BIOS setup don't allow.

Both with -x -v and always stuck into "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"

Thanks in advance!

Hi.

I have a GA Z87-HD3 with a i7 4770K. Have installed Mac OS X 10.8.5 and only can boot in safe mode.
I read somewhere that is need to disable de VT-d option on BIOS, but i have tried disabled and BIOS setup don't allow.

Thanks in advance!

After doing a bit more research, I found the 4770k doesn't support VT-D so there is no need to disable it. The option doesn't apply to us using this CPU.

I have still had no luck with this and have had to install Windows 7 for the time, I think I will try again when Mavericks is out and there is a bit more support. Would still be great to see if anyone had an answer

Hi.

Thanks in advance!
In the BIOS set the IGFX and Primary and Enabled. Then use -v and -x, you can even throw in GraphicsEnabler=No. See if you are able to boot in to ML that way.

I had the same issue with the same motherboard.
Fixed it by setting "Intel Graphics Processor" to 'Disabled' in BIOS.
Also in BIOS set "Init Display First" to "PCI-E 1"

I've had a VERY similar problem before. and it turned out that it was a graphics issue for me.

on post 35, there's a link to download a set of Nvidia kexts.

Next, I went into my kext folder located in /System/Library/Extensions and deleted any kext that started with the following:
AppleIntelHD*
AMD*
AppleIntelSNB*
ATI*
GeForce*
NVDA*

Then you put the Nvidia kexts that you have just downloaded in the same S/L/E folder.
After this step, I rebuilt my cache and permissions using kext wizard (not sure if you actually have to do this though)

This is what worked for me. Good luck!

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. Just a follow up to this.

This thread was before the release of OSX Mavericks. Once it was released, I followed the universal guide on here about installing Mavericks and it was an absolute breeze!

Hopefully those with issues can get it working by using Mavericks

Cheers

Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back