Motherboard
GA-Z87n-wifi (F7 bios)
CPU
i7-4970k
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
I'm attempting to install SL on Haswell build but getting Kernel Panic error: Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"

I'm using the iboot method using version 1.0.1 found here

I am using the 10.6.3 retail SL DVD, and booting with the following commands:
-x -v -f PCIRootUID=0 ACPI=off GraphicsEnabler=No

My specs are:
GA Z87N-Wifi (version F5)
Intel i3-4340
4Gb Corsair
Kingston 120Gb SSD

I have made sure that most things are disabled.
I have mouse/kb hooked up to USB 2.0 slots
Monitor is plugged in via onboard DVI and have also tried HDMI
Boot order is Optical drive first, than hdd
initial display output is: IFGX
XHCI hand-off: Enabled
EHCI hand-off: Enabled
XHCI Mode: Auto
Boot Mode selection: Legacy
Sata Mode Selection: AHCI

Power management is all disabled intel virtualization is disabled. Also I am using an internal DVD not a usb external to rule that thought out. I have tried and tried many different configs to no avail. I'm stuck and have not even really begun. Please help anyone!

I'm going through this process in order to download ML so i can download Maverick. I have searched the forums and have not seen anything that helps me.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

I'm attempting to install SL on Haswell build but getting Kernel Panic error: Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"

I'm using the iboot method using version 1.0.1 found here

I am using the 10.6.3 retail SL DVD, and booting with the following commands:
-x -v -f PCIRootUID=0 ACPI=off GraphicsEnabler=No

My specs are:
GA Z87N-Wifi (version F5)
Intel i3-4340
4Gb Corsair
Kingston 120Gb SSD

I have made sure that most things are disabled.
I have mouse/kb hooked up to USB 2.0 slots
Monitor is plugged in via onboard DVI and have also tried HDMI
Boot order is Optical drive first, than hdd
initial display output is: IFGX
XHCI hand-off: Enabled
EHCI hand-off: Enabled
XHCI Mode: Auto
Boot Mode selection: Legacy
Sata Mode Selection: AHCI

Power management is all disabled intel virtualization is disabled. Also I am using an internal DVD not a usb external to rule that thought out. I have tried and tried many different configs to no avail. I'm stuck and have not even really begun. Please help anyone!

I'm going through this process in order to download ML so i can download Maverick. I have searched the forums and have not seen anything that helps me.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

musicmic....

We need to use the iBOOT HASWELL CD for this process.

The link you are using is for old school intel CPU's and is not written for Ivy Bridge or Haswell.
We follow it but that is about it.

WE DO NOT USE MULTIBEAST. at all for Haswell or for Ivy Bridge.....

Also if you use the HASWELL IBOOT CD the startup commands are less.
should only need v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

You need to disable VT-D in BIOS> as your CPU is not a K version

you may want to add this as well IGPEnabler=Yes.

We need to set the BIOS for the proper video IGMP (internal) and ram to 64 megs.

Some links to read up on for this,

What GFX injection is needed -
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/116220-do-i-need-graphicsenabler-injection-not.html

Tonys and others notes on using Haswell w Snow Leo -
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-haswell-based-pcs.html

Once your have the core osx installed 10.6.3 then we install the 10.6.8 combo update and then I suggest you install the Apple Software update v1.0
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1512
this is for running UNIBEAST once you have Mavericks downloaded.

Also use the Apple Software update service and ONLY UPDATE JAVA and SAFARI only.
nothing else...

then connect to the apple app store and see if you can download mavericks and make the USB drive. You will need and 8 gb one

If you want to read some bios screen shots see this link
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...uild-ga-z87x-oc-i7-4770k-hd4600-gt-640-a.html
not much help w SL but a lot if information,

Totenkopf4,
Thanks for the pointers. I think adding IGPEnabler=Yes is a great suggestion. I am using the haswell iboot cd, sorry if I wasnt clear on that. As far as everything else the screen shots I have seen of others similar builds look identical. On my bios the Vt-d is greyed out so that I cannot even change it because it knows its not a K chip. I will post pics so your able to actually look at what I have going on.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

music

add acpi=off to the command startup up list of options you type at boot.

See if this changes the panic you get for ACPI

Something is not correct w the power management section of the BIOS ... which could cause this problem.

Or a bad kext from Snow Leo .... which we will have to deal w later.

totenkopf4,
Thank you for looking into this with me. Yes its strange even with ACPI=off that their is a kernel panic flag for ACPI. Could my PSU possibly be causing this. Its just a generic one that came with the case.

10.jpg11.jpg
its like i have tried every combination of settings in bios. Things outside bios to rule out. Its a brand new ssd so i know it is blank. Any yes i am inserting the SL disc before hitting enter in the haswell iboot screen. I am using an internal DVD rom(i ordered one just for this thinking this would solve the issue because i was previously using an external), I also am using the DVI-port and have also tried the HDMI...I am really at a loss here...any more suggestions ?

totenkopf4,
Thank you for looking into this with me. Yes its strange even with ACPI=off that their is a kernel panic flag for ACPI. Could my PSU possibly be causing this. Its just a generic one that came with the case.

View attachment 92333View attachment 92334
its like i have tried every combination of settings in bios. Things outside bios to rule out. Its a brand new ssd so i know it is blank. Any yes i am inserting the SL disc before hitting enter in the haswell iboot screen. I am using an internal DVD rom(i ordered one just for this thinking this would solve the issue because i was previously using an external), I also am using the DVI-port and have also tried the HDMI...I am really at a loss here...any more suggestions ?

Is this pic on the left first boot of the iBoot Haswell? i.e. you placed the iBoot Haswell disc in the DVR and booted, resulting in this screen? on the left with the iBoot Haswell icon.

If = true, this is where you may be going wrong with entering those boot flags and hitting enter. This is the point you eject the iBoot disc, replace it with the SL install disc, wait until the drive spins up/spins down and the activity light goes out, then hit F5. You should then see the SL install DVD icon and HERE is where you type in your boot flags if you need them.

Genius Idea. Wait and have patience. wow. thank you!!!!!!! Ok so now CD is working but for some reason HDD is not showing up... i think i may have changed sata ports on the optical and hdd when troubleshooting so i will change them back so that the hdd is in sata port 0 and see if that fixes issue.

20140510_021531.jpg20140510_021734.jpg

Edit: it didnt help ..still not seeing a HDD to install on...
Editx2: ok installing now. Great!!
20140510_040731.jpg

music

Please fill out your User Settings and update the hardware
include
cpu motherboard and video you are building the hack with....

this is very important....

hey toten,
did you mean update my setting for this forum? if you meant the next step in the process of updating SL to 10.6.8 than I'm a little confused. As far as right now I have a semi installation of SL working working off haswell iboot. I cannot seem to do a software update because networking is not working. I see multibeast did this on sandy bridge, but if haswell does not use this than what we be the next appropriate step?

Would i use Kextbeast?

hey toten,
did you mean update my setting for this forum? if you meant the next step in the process of updating SL to 10.6.8 than I'm a little confused. As far as right now I have a semi installation of SL working working off haswell iboot. I cannot seem to do a software update because networking is not working. I see multibeast did this on sandy bridge, but if haswell does not use this than what we be the next appropriate step?

Would i use Kextbeast?

WiFi will not work booting from iBoot Haswell. You need wired network connection.
You can download the Snow Leopard 10.6.8 update (Combo) file and the Software install update file toten linked from another computer and put them on a USB to bring them to your build and run them. Access to internet is handy, but not absolutely required at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back